Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: TP-Link Router issues

22 Feb 2015   #1
web

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 
TP-Link Router issues

Hi all I got a TP-link Tl-WDR4900 (N900) Router that actually seems to work fine but I got a yellow triangle in control panel / devise manager see pic below, tried to update driver but it seems tp-link have stopped support for this model ??? I not had long and was 80 quid ish, I did get email support but was rubbish advise nearly destroyed my installation of windows manage to get back to square one but still got the triangle ???

reason for wanting triangle to be fixed one it should be, two think this is why I am having trouble with an external drive im trying to format in fat 32 ...... any help advice welcome




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Feb 2015   #2
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Hello web I see you have been waiting for a while and yes I see what you mean by lack of support. I have a TP-Link modem router of a fair vintage now and I got really good support back then.
But if yours is fairly new then I would just contact them direct again - I had to when setting mine up and they were quite helpful.

Now you didn't say if the device came with any software?? The other option and I know you have just spent a bit of money on this thing is to get a modem / router the TP-Link TD-W8950N Wireless N 150 ADSL2+ out here is only $33 and this - TP-Link TD-W8970 300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router is $79 plus there is stuff in between then you have the whole show in one spot. Me I like cabled stuff and this one does both wifi and Ethernet cable.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Feb 2015   #3
web

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICIT2LOL View Post
Hello web I see you have been waiting for a while and yes I see what you mean by lack of support. I have a TP-Link modem router of a fair vintage now and I got really good support back then.
But if yours is fairly new then I would just contact them direct again - I had to when setting mine up and they were quite helpful.

Now you didn't say if the device came with any software?? The other option and I know you have just spent a bit of money on this thing is to get a modem / router the TP-Link TD-W8950N Wireless N 150 ADSL2+ out here is only $33 and this - TP-Link TD-W8970 300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router is $79 plus there is stuff in between then you have the whole show in one spot. Me I like cabled stuff and this one does both wifi and Ethernet cable.
Are any of these cheaper routers newer, better than mine ? most things at my end hard wired just iphone, nexus 7 wireless, I got separate modem .... virgin modem model E08C007 about 8 years old could this be the problem ??? ...... don't have any software with router updates online doesn't it ??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Feb 2015   #4
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Yes web I think you might have the answer right there mate and my old TP-Link TD 8960N has served pretty well without a hitch for the last six years so yes mate as I said the modem / router fix or just a new modem might be the best way to go.

Like you say I couldn't find anything in the way of software / firmware for that device of yours and yes those devices I quoted are what is on offer and current at the moment.

Now if you want to see a complete list of the place where I get my gear from it is Modem Routers - PC Case Gear there is quite a bit of stuff / devices to choose from even the latest ac designated ones (it is the next gen speed / application to the b/g/n stuff) and if you click on the blue networking it will pull up the routers as well.

Personally I like TP-Link and even Netgear stuff is pretty good too. But it depends on your choice of what to do and your budget but I am guessing you could get a fairly good deal through Amazon UK - my brother who lives in Wiltshire uses it quite a bit and EBay (much to my annoyance - am ex pat Sussex)

See here Amazon.co.uk: modem routers: Computers & Accessories prices very much akin to what I have to pay

I even have an Ethernet hub which I use for my machines (5 in all) to extend the number I can hook up at once.

Let us know how you go as that router you have in my mind is way overpriced and as it is a problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2015   #5
web

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICIT2LOL View Post
Hello web I see you have been waiting for a while and yes I see what you mean by lack of support. I have a TP-Link modem router of a fair vintage now and I got really good support back then.
But if yours is fairly new then I would just contact them direct again - I had to when setting mine up and they were quite helpful.

Now you didn't say if the device came with any software?? The other option and I know you have just spent a bit of money on this thing is to get a modem / router the TP-Link TD-W8950N Wireless N 150 ADSL2+ out here is only $33 and this - TP-Link TD-W8970 300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router is $79 plus there is stuff in between then you have the whole show in one spot. Me I like cabled stuff and this one does both wifi and Ethernet cable.
TP-Link TD-W8970 300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router LOOK HERE
u mentioned before will this work with my cable i.e. (virgin media broadband ?) ....... because if this is a modem and router combined I cant see how I would connect my cable feed ( RF Connector ) ???
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2015   #6
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Sorry late reply mate now if you look at the back of the modem/ router you will see four Ethernet connection ports see the pic I have attached now you can use those to hook up 1 - 4 machines and / or the wifi via those aerials. I have five machines running off my modem / router using a hub from one of those ports ifn effect giving me about nine Ethernet connections.

I don't use them all at once - usually and one is for hooking up machines I have for fixing.

NB I thought there were RF to line adaptors but seems like I was wrong all the same I am sure there must be a way of hooking them up.


Attached Images
TP-Link Router issues-web.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2015   #7
web

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICIT2LOL View Post
Sorry late reply mate now if you look at the back of the modem/ router you will see four Ethernet connection ports see the pic I have attached now you can use those to hook up 1 - 4 machines and / or the wifi via those aerials. I have five machines running off my modem / router using a hub from one of those ports ifn effect giving me about nine Ethernet connections.

I don't use them all at once - usually and one is for hooking up machines I have for fixing.

NB I thought there were RF to line adaptors but seems like I was wrong all the same I am sure there must be a way of hooking them up.
this is exactly what I have and use in the way u say only mine is a TL-WDR4900 or (n900) not had that long but seems not to be supported anymore ???? also mine is just a router and not a modem as well I have separate modem that has the RF connector PS im on virgin media or cable
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2015   #8
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Sorry late reply mate but I am having problems with my main machine losing posts so what I would like to see is a picture of the connection coming in from Virgin to the modem. If it is a RF one like in the pic then it is one I have not come across before.

Most modems I have ever come across have that set up I posted (post #6 ) that is usually coming from a splitter that splits the incoming signal - one to the telephone and one to the modem because it stops interference on either device.

Now connecting from the modem to the router should be the usual Ethernet one so no problems with that but I think the best solution to this is a modem / router that can be connected to the incoming line.

So before we go any further can you send the shot of the back of your modem showing how it is connected to the incoming line form the wall.


Attached Images
TP-Link Router issues-rf.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2015   #9
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Thought this might explain things a little better see pic


Attached Thumbnails
TP-Link Router issues-modem.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Mar 2015   #10
web

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICIT2LOL View Post
Sorry late reply mate but I am having problems with my main machine losing posts so what I would like to see is a picture of the connection coming in from Virgin to the modem. If it is a RF one like in the pic then it is one I have not come across before.

Most modems I have ever come across have that set up I posted (post #6 ) that is usually coming from a splitter that splits the incoming signal - one to the telephone and one to the modem because it stops interference on either device.

Now connecting from the modem to the router should be the usual Ethernet one so no problems with that but I think the best solution to this is a modem / router that can be connected to the incoming line.

So before we go any further can you send the shot of the back of your modem showing how it is connected to the incoming line form the wall.
click HERE to see modem its separate from router modem connected to router by Ethernet
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 TP-Link Router issues




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
IP camera not working on TP link router but working on D link router
Dear sir, I am trying to setup an IP camera on my WDR 4300 Router. ROuter is just purchased. The camera says its ready at 192.168.1.100:8080 However when i open the same address in my Computer, the WEBPAGE NOT AVAILABLE is shown up. Both the camera and COmputer are connected to WDR 4300 via...
Network & Sharing
TP Link or Linksys wifi router
where i live TP Link wifi router cost US $15 and Linksys wifi router cost rs US $40 obviously i want to go with TP Link router but i want to know which router offers more quality ie long range and better bandwidth i have 2 laptops (xp and win 7), one ipod touch and one andriod tablet all...
Network & Sharing
Help using QoS On D-Link Router
Hello I have D-Link router 2650U, and I'd like to use QoS on my router to get the highest priority for internet, for gaming, surfing or w/e. I had some issues configure the parameters so help me please, pictures : As u see I've enabled the QoS http://up352.siz.co.il/up2/nztz2izzaewm.jpg ...
Network & Sharing
Portforwarding with the Sky D-Link router?
Hey guys, I can't seem to portforward on the new D-Link routers? I got my router this year, so it's one of the new black ones that stand up? It has all of the wifi info on the side of the router. Anyway, I'm trying to portforward, followed a couple of guides but when I go on 'canyouseeme' it...
Network & Sharing
D-Link router question.
I have DIR 655 router. On the side there is a small button that when pressed it blinks. I cant find anywhere in the manual that explains the purpose. Does anyone know what it is for? Thanks.
Network & Sharing
Wireless DI-524 D-link router
Hello Dear friends... How are you? I have experienced certain problems with that router, DI-524 150MB D-link router... It works just fine with windows seven except for the fact that it requires me to switch it off at every 6 or 10 hours (as suggested by win 7's troubleshooter) Unplug...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:41.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App