Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Fans might not be working properly? Sudden motherboard cooling issues

16 Apr 2015   #11
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Are all the fans working as they should?

Are their any name plates or stickers on the case?
Can you find your case online?
This information is helpful to understand the air flow of the case.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Apr 2015   #12
Boozad

W7 Pro x64 SP1 | W10 Pro IP x64 | W8.1 Pro x64 VM | Linux Mint VM
 
 

To clarify, is it the CPU temperature you're worried about? I'm looking at that CPU cooler and thinking that 66C under load is probably to be expected with a cooler of that size. The fan isn't huge and it's running directly on top of the heatsink, even a cheap triple copper heatpipe cooler would improve your CPU temperatures I'd have thought.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2015   #13
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

The OP is worried about the motherboard temp at 68C and the front fans when turned up in speed it causes a BSOD.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Apr 2015   #14
Windows Sniper

Windows 8.1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
To clarify, is it the CPU temperature you're worried about? I'm looking at that CPU cooler and thinking that 66C under load is probably to be expected with a cooler of that size. The fan isn't huge and it's running directly on top of the heatsink, even a cheap triple copper heatpipe cooler would improve your CPU temperatures I'd have thought.
His original question was about the Motherboard temp.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Horrible4 View Post

Nope, just the motherboard is having high temps. The Graphics Card has windforce technology along with 5 fans blowing on it at any given time. I've never seen temps on it go over 60 degrees Celsius. The CPU is the one thing that stays the coolest in the case. It's abnormal for it to stay above 40 degrees Celsius.

The motherboard has always been generating the most heat out of everything, and average temperatures during gameplay peaked at no more than 64 degrees. If they make software that allows you to control the fan speed, I'll definitely look into and report back. Thank you for the welcome!

which i've shown here that Speccy is picking it up wrong.

Using stock cooling and getting 66*c whilst gaming is not bad at all!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2015   #15
Boozad

W7 Pro x64 SP1 | W10 Pro IP x64 | W8.1 Pro x64 VM | Linux Mint VM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Windows Sniper View Post
His original question was about the Motherboard temp.
I understand that, but I thought this proved the motherboard wasn't actually the problem?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Horrible4 View Post
In-game screenshot



Obviously this points out that the motherboard is NOT what's generating heat. x.x
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2015   #16
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

My brain is getting confungalated.

We have two motherboard temp problems in two different threads by two different members. I think I have been getting things mixed up between the two.

That being said; motherboard temps should not be 68C if that is a correct reading. If this is a correct reading I'm thinking case air flow problems.

Because of the problems members have been having with HWMonitor in the last week or so I choose to use Speccy readings.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2015   #17
Horrible4

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
My brain is getting confungalated.

We have two motherboard temp problems in two different threads by two different members. I think I have been getting things mixed up between the two.

That being said; motherboard temps should not be 68C if that is a correct reading. If this is a correct reading I'm thinking case air flow problems.

Because of the problems members have been having with HWMonitor in the last week or so I choose to use Speccy readings.
That picture DID prove that it wasn't the motherboard generating heat. The motherboard stays cool while the CPU is getting temperatures in excess of 66+ degrees. I DID download MSI afterburner as WindowsSniper suggested, and fans now run correctly when the CPU gets over 60 degrees.

I also took the following steps;
1. I moved the computer into a room that I can keep cool at all times
2. I moved the computer onto an elevated area to get maximum ventilation (it was originally under a desk)
3. I completely cleaned the inside of the rig out again.

I should be good to go for now!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Rep for you all!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2015   #18
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Glad things are working properly now.

I personally never put a computer tower in a enclosed space.
I only put a town on the flood if it is raised to it can get clean air.

Here is a little trick you might be able to use later. It all depends on the quality of your fans.

I run all my fans with full voltage which means they run at 100% max speed all the time. I run them off of a fan hub with direct connection to the power supply. If you choose the right fans this can be done without a lot of noise. If one chooses the wrong fans your computer will sound like a old prop air plain trying to take off with a heavy load.

My system in My System Specs has 14 fans at 100% and two water pumps and runs quite and very cool.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2015   #19
Horrible4

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Glad things are working properly now.

I personally never put a computer tower in a enclosed space.
I only put a town on the flood if it is raised to it can get clean air.

Here is a little trick you might be able to use later. It all depends on the quality of your fans.

I run all my fans with full voltage which means they run at 100% max speed all the time. I run them off of a fan hub with direct connection to the power supply. If you choose the right fans this can be done without a lot of noise. If one chooses the wrong fans your computer will sound like a old prop air plain trying to take off with a heavy load.

My system in My System Specs has 14 fans at 100% and two water pumps and runs quite and very cool.
I might go with liquid cooling once I upgrade my graphics card, just so I can almost guarantee it will be kept cool. The only reason why I didn't get a lot of cooling from the start was because I was on a budget. Being my first build and all, I didn't want to bite off more than I could chew.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2015   #20
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

I fully understand. My cooling cost a lot of money. Just the damn fittings mount up quickly.

Building your own water cooling system takes a lot of home work first and for most. You don't want to buy parts that don't work with the other parts.

Building your own water cooling system is kind of like over clock.
You do it more because you want to rather than you need to.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Fans might not be working properly? Sudden motherboard cooling issues




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Issues with mouse not working properly
Let me start by saying this is my first time posting/visiting the site so if this isn't in the correct forum I apologize. Let me start with a bit of background info...I'm runnning Win 7 Home Premium x64 with 2 user accounts. Whenever I start up, everythings does as it should until I reach the user...
Hardware & Devices
PCI intake fans and cooling advice.
After a little high graphics gaming last night I've finally lost my temper with the fan on my Sapphire Radeon HD4870. Over time it has, as is normal with fans, gotten louder and less effective. Currently it is louder than either my airconditioner, the traffic with the window open, the aircraft...
Hardware & Devices
How to adding extra cooling Fans to CPU?
Hi! Currently my CPU has one intake and one exhaust fan. I want add another intake fan, so how do i get power to that extra fan? How to select best intake cooling fan for my PC. I have "Intel dual core 2.5 processor". Can you tell me intake and Exhaust fans are same, or are there any different?...
Hardware & Devices
Cooling fans
(see attached image) In the image my CPU is idle. When I play Assassin's Creed Brotherhood I net a mostly-stable 60 FPS, but my CPU temperature gets to around 60c. Now, even with my limited knowledge on adequate temperatures in these situations, the way the number turns an angry and ominous...
Hardware & Devices
How to make cooling fans kick in at a certain temperature?
Hi How do i make the CPU fan and a additional fan work faster when the CPU gets to a certain temperature? I have a ASUS Rampage II Gene Thanks
Performance & Maintenance
Question about Cooling Fans
I have also recently bought 2 Sunon Fan DP200A They have a power connect that is like a 2 pin male, and either side is a squeeze clip. I'm so sorry i don't know the name and i cant find a image on google. I was wondering if this can be cut off and a normal 4 pin power supply plug fitted, or even...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App