Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: my monitor suddenly turns into colors then shuts off ..

17 Jun 2015   #1
AminaW

Windows 7 ultimate x64bit
 
 
my monitor filled with green lines

Hello
I have a PC with BENQ senseeye3 led monitor .... as i was playing gta5 today and out of a sudden i started to see that my monitor is filled with colored dots and spaces and started to hear a strange noise ... so i forecfully restarted my pc and thr same thing happened as soon as windows 7 logo appeared but this time after few seconds the monitor showed "signal can not be detected" ....
I restarted for the second time this time using safe mode .... the monitor has green lines all over ... and i can only run on safe mode ... normal mode freezes

I checked cables ... they seem ok ..
I reinstalled nvidiq driver ... no change at all
My gpu is nvidia geforce 9800 gt





So please whats wrong? Is it a hardware or software problem and where exactly?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 Jun 2015   #2
GokAy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Tried "Last Known Good Configuration" in F8 menu?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2015   #3
AminaW

Windows 7 ultimate x64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GokAy View Post
Tried "Last Known Good Configuration" in F8 menu?
I dont think it would be helpful because i have logged in and shut down my oc several times after thr problem appeared ... any ways i did it ... but my system crashed upon starting ... still the only way to start the pc is with safe mode ...
Any other help

Thanks anyway
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Jun 2015   #4
MistUnleashed

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AminaW View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GokAy View Post
Tried "Last Known Good Configuration" in F8 menu?
I dont think it would be helpful because i have logged in and shut down my oc several times after thr problem appeared ... any ways i did it ... but my system crashed upon starting ... still the only way to start the pc is with safe mode ...
Any other help

Thanks anyway
Have you tried isolating this problem?

By this I mean: have you connected to another display to check that the monitor itself hasn't gone bad?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2015   #5
GokAy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

After verifying Mist's recommendation, try another display port of the GPU (if applicable).

Then follow this (belongs to Mist)
Quote:
Graphic Card Driver Clean Installation
1.Run the Guru3D Display Driver Removal Tool: Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.3.0.0 Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.3.0.2
2.Download CCleaner here (CCleaner - Download) and run both the Cleaner and the Registry Cleaner to remove left-over keys.
3.Go into C:\Program Files & C:\Program Files (x86) & C:\ProgramData and delete any leftover Nvidia files.
4.Disable automatic driver installation: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2500967
5.Restart Computer.
6.After restart go to: Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers and install the latest Nvidia Package (Including the 3D Vision Drivers - Install it all).
Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers
7.Re-enable the automatic driver installation: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2500967
8.Run CCleaner again (as instructed in Step 2).
9.Restart Computer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2015   #6
MistUnleashed

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Thanks for the quote GokAy!

For anyone interested the original article is here: Screen keeps going black

My tutorial works well as long as you follow it EXACTLY as written. The steps are a way to clean-install your graphics card again to rule out a driver problem.

Try the steps and let myself and GokAy know what happens.

Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jun 2015   #7
AminaW

Windows 7 ultimate x64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MistUnleashed View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AminaW View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GokAy View Post
Tried "Last Known Good Configuration" in F8 menu?
I dont think it would be helpful because i have logged in and shut down my oc several times after thr problem appeared ... any ways i did it ... but my system crashed upon starting ... still the only way to start the pc is with safe mode ...
Any other help

Thanks anyway
Have you tried isolating this problem?

By this I mean: have you connected to another display to check that the monitor itself hasn't gone bad?
Yes i attached my oc to another monitor and the problem still persists ... i also note that the lines are over there as soon as i start my pc .... even before system loading .. Thanks again .. i am trying the next solution ...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jun 2015   #8
AminaW

Windows 7 ultimate x64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GokAy View Post
After verifying Mist's recommendation, try another display port of the GPU (if applicable).

Then follow this (belongs to Mist)
Quote:
Graphic Card Driver Clean Installation
1.Run the Guru3D Display Driver Removal Tool: Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.3.0.0 Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.3.0.2
2.Download CCleaner here (CCleaner - Download) and run both the Cleaner and the Registry Cleaner to remove left-over keys.
3.Go into C:\Program Files & C:\Program Files (x86) & C:\ProgramData and delete any leftover Nvidia files.
4.Disable automatic driver installation: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2500967
5.Restart Computer.
6.After restart go to: Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers and install the latest Nvidia Package (Including the 3D Vision Drivers - Install it all).
Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers
7.Re-enable the automatic driver installation: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2500967
8.Run CCleaner again (as instructed in Step 2).
9.Restart Computer.
I have tried this too and still no any improvement ... could it be a hardware problem then? And which one?

Thanks alot again for your help Mistunleashed and Gokay ...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jun 2015   #9
GokAy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

You need to try that GPU in another PC, if it propagated to BIOS, then I would suspect a faulty hardware. Are the fans running? You can try to feel with your fingers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jun 2015   #10
AminaW

Windows 7 ultimate x64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GokAy View Post
You need to try that GPU in another PC, if it propagated to BIOS, then I would suspect a faulty hardware. Are the fans running? You can try to feel with your fingers.
The problem was solved ... it seems something called "AC" in my gpu has been burned ... now its replaced and the pc works just fine ...

Many thanks again for your helpful tips ...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 my monitor suddenly turns into colors then shuts off ..




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Monitor display suddenly turns off, can't get the display back
Tonight I was playing a good old game. I minimized to my desktop while the game was running and pulled open Windows calculator, did some calculator stuff, but then the computer goes into a blue error screen and then restarts. A few moments later, the display on my monitor suddenly turns off as if...
General Discussion
HP Window 7 turns on and shuts off. Shuts off before starting up.
Ive had my laptop about a year now. It randomly stopped working one day. I've tried some other tricks on the internet does not work. Laptop stays on but the screen turns off before starting, then turn on again and off repeatedly. If you have any clue what the problem is it how I could fix it. Let...
General Discussion
Computer shuts off and turns back on suddenly
This has happened to me a few times already. The first time was in February. Then it happened yesterday. Today it happened again. The symptoms are always the same. The computer would suddenly shut off without warning. The power light would go out completely, but then it would turn itself back...
General Discussion
computer turns off suddenly
hello, i have installed 2 case fans to have to air flow. and when i booted the pc couple of mins later, it suddenly turns off. i unplug both of the case fans and did the same thing. thanks
General Discussion
PC turns off suddenly when booting
Sometimes when I power-up my pc everything goes on (fans, HDDs, MOBO..) 2-3 sec later it shuts (won't even get to the bios boot screen) then few seconds later it will turn itself on and stay on (log into windows..) As I stated before it happens sometimes, any suggestion?
Hardware & Devices
desktop icons suddenly changed colors
I seem to have done something that screwed up my Win 7 RC slightly, but I have no idea what it was. All of a sudden, the icons on the desktop (more precisely, icons for links, not actual files) change their colors at the last stage of the boot up. What I mean is that after I type in my password the...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:21.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App