Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How to find out my ram frequency !

24 Jun 2015   #1
HpBaxxter

Windows 64bit
 
 
How to find out my ram frequency !

I want to buy an additional ram, but I didn't find out my ram frequency, help me please !

I looked at the ram and it appears pc3 10600s but Speccy and Cpu Z says 10700 !!!
is it 667 MHz or 667*2= 1333 MHz ?




Attached Images
How to find out my ram frequency !-ram-2.jpg How to find out my ram frequency !-ram.jpg 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
24 Jun 2015   #2
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HpBaxxter View Post

I looked at the ram and it appears pc3 10600s but Speccy and Cpu Z says 10700 !!!
is it 667 MHz or 667*2= 1333 MHz ?
Do you say "it appears pc3 10600s" because you personally opened the case and read that off the sticks?

What brand and model do you have right now?

DDR stands for "double data rate"; so it is 667*2=1333.

DDR3 1333 can be designated as PC3 10600 or PC3 10666. A few manufacturer's use the PC3 10700 designation, but that is less common.

You could also go to Crucial.com and let its configurator sniff your PC. It will make recommendations for compatible RAM.

Have you looked at the compatible memory list at the motherboard manufacturer's web site? You don't have to stick with what's listed, but those listed should be compatible for sure.

It's generally recommended to match all sticks exactly (brand, model, size, voltage, etc), but you can often get away with not doing that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jun 2015   #3
HpBaxxter

Windows 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HpBaxxter View Post

I looked at the ram and it appears pc3 10600s but Speccy and Cpu Z says 10700 !!!
is it 667 MHz or 667*2= 1333 MHz ?
Do you say "it appears pc3 10600s" because you personally opened the case and read that off the sticks?

What brand and model do you have right now?

DDR stands for "double data rate"; so it is 667*2=1333.

DDR3 1333 can be designated as PC3 10600 or PC3 10666. A few manufacturer's use the PC3 10700 designation, but that is less common.

You could also go to Crucial.com and let its configurator sniff your PC. It will make recommendations for compatible RAM.

Have you looked at the compatible memory list at the motherboard manufacturer's web site? You don't have to stick with what's listed, but those listed should be compatible for sure.

It's generally recommended to match all sticks exactly (brand, model, size, voltage, etc), but you can often get away with not doing that.
Yes I opened the case its Samsung 4 gb 2Rx8 PC3- 10600S. I forget to upload photos, I uploaded them on the top.
So I must care about the frequency only ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Jun 2015   #4
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HpBaxxter View Post

Yes I opened the case its Samsung 4 gb 2Rx8 PC3- 10600S. I forget to upload photos, I uploaded them on the top.
So I must care about the frequency only ?
No.

You must care about additional specs, particularly the voltage, non-ECC, unbuffered, 240 pin, DDR3.

Ideally, the identical brand and model. But that's not always possible and you can usually get away with other brands if the specs match otherwise.

For some reason, it looks like you blacked out the model number of your Samsung in that pic.

I'm guessing you now have just 1 stick of RAM, a 4 GB Samsung.

You could:

1: try to find another 4 GB Samsung stick with a matching model number, identical in as many respects as possible.

2: inspect the motherboard's qualified memory list as I mentioned earlier and buy only what's on that list.

3: go to Crucial.com and let its configurator sniff and make a recommendation, as I mentioned earlier. Crucial makes good RAM and there is a good chance it will work fine with your Samsung.

If you are in a lather about this, throw away your current RAM and buy a "kit" of two matched 4 GB sticks or two matched 8 GB sticks or whatever you want for a total and stay with ONLY the stuff mentioned on the manufacturer's list. That isn't what I'd do, but it's what you should do if you are in a high state of anxiety about it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How to find out my ram frequency !




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
ram frequency
hi everyone happy new year to all.my question abt ram ,can we mix the ram frequency like 1GB PC2-6400 DESKTOP RAM MEMORY ddr2 240 pin to 800mhz 2gb or 4gb.kindly if anyone know abt this .thankyou.
Hardware & Devices
How fast should be NB Frequency?
I have 2x2GB DD3 1333mhz Kingmax RAM and I see the NB Frequency at 1597mhz(1600mhz) and i want to know how much should be this NB Frequency. P.S:I heard it should be 3xDRAM Frequency(667mhz).
Hardware & Devices
core frequency?
anyone know what core frequency is? and does anyone know what the difference between Graphics cards -Asus GTX 560 Ti and GTX 560 TOP (except for the cost)? thanks-
Hardware & Devices
CPU Frequency
Maybe it was like this before, but if so, I must not have used the right means of monitoring, because now using CoreTemp or AMD Overdrive, I've noticed that even though my Phenom II x6 1090T is rated at 3.1GHz, it varies between .8 - 3.2GHz, depending on it activity. Shouldn't a CPU's frequency...
Hardware & Devices
Question about RAM frequency
Hello people. I'm a bit confused about my ram frequency. I have 2GB DDR2/800Mhz ram memory,but when I go in CPU-Z i got this: http://pic.mk/images/captur1310061785.png It says that the memory is working on 400 MHz. Also another print from Everest. I haven't changed something. Why the...
Hardware & Devices
high frequency
I have some mp3/wav sounds and i want to convert them in high frequency. So i need a high frequency software. Any idea?
Sound & Audio


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:58.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App