Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Processor Not At Full Speed!!!

12 Nov 2015   #1
Sunehildeep

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit 7600 Multiprocessor Free
 
 
Processor Not At Full Speed!!!

i have total 4gb ram but in pc it displays only 3gb and i have a processor of 2.20ghz speed and in pc it only gives 1.47 ghz. i checked in control panel also and with cpu-z also when gaming also it stays on 1.47 ghz.this only happened after i changed my mobo because my previous one died. help plz.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
14 Nov 2015   #2
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Hello Sunihill mate download, install and run this HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download make sure you pick the correct bit version.
When the first screen comes up close t eh update window it is of no use you will be left with a couple of windows showing info on the CPU GPU and on the far right at what frequencies the CPU is actually running. Do this at idle and then close the program start a security scan and open up the HW Info program again and see what the CPU is doing then. It should be running faster.

Close those two windows and on the left hand panel open up Central Processor and you can scroll down the listing in the right hand panel to get very detailed info on the CPU look for any reference for the volts etc at which the CPU is working with.


Attached Thumbnails
Processor Not At Full Speed!!!-hw-2.png   Processor Not At Full Speed!!!-hw-1.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2015   #3
Sunehildeep

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit 7600 Multiprocessor Free
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICIT2LOL View Post
Hello Sunihill mate download, install and run this HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download make sure you pick the correct bit version.
When the first screen comes up close t eh update window it is of no use you will be left with a couple of windows showing info on the CPU GPU and on the far right at what frequencies the CPU is actually running. Do this at idle and then close the program start a security scan and open up the HW Info program again and see what the CPU is doing then. It should be running faster.

Close those two windows and on the left hand panel open up Central Processor and you can scroll down the listing in the right hand panel to get very detailed info on the CPU look for any reference for the volts etc at which the CPU is working with.
hello. thanks for your info . i checked with the software and mu cpu speed is 1467.00ghz and in processor tab i get minimum speed 800mhz and max speed 2200ghz and in brackets its written locked like this ex-
2200ghz[locked]
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Nov 2015   #4
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Hmm something not quite right as the Intel info sheet on that CPU shows it has a base speed of 2.2GHz the L2 cache is rather small at 1MB and the operating voltage has quite a high range Intel® Pentium® Processor E2200 (1M Cache, 2.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB) Specifications which is why I asked what if it showed them the voltages are to the device - they alter the frequency and you should see that voltage fluctuating in HW Info at those first two small windows see pic.

Could you just run Speccy Speccy - Download and post back the temps on that device please.

You also mention the RAM in the first post too well you may well have 4GB (in theory) installed but as a general rule it will show a lower amount - just what does HW Info detect?


Attached Thumbnails
Processor Not At Full Speed!!!-volts.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2015   #5
Sunehildeep

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit 7600 Multiprocessor Free
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICIT2LOL View Post
Hmm something not quite right as the Intel info sheet on that CPU shows it has a base speed of 2.2GHz the L2 cache is rather small at 1MB and the operating voltage has quite a high range Intel® Pentium® Processor E2200 (1M Cache, 2.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB) Specifications which is why I asked what if it showed them the voltages are to the device - they alter the frequency and you should see that voltage fluctuating in HW Info at those first two small windows see pic.

Could you just run Speccy Speccy - Download and post back the temps on that device please.

You also mention the RAM in the first post too well you may well have 4GB (in theory) installed but as a general rule it will show a lower amount - just what does HW Info detect?
see these pics


Attached Thumbnails
Processor Not At Full Speed!!!-capture2.jpg  
Attached Images
Processor Not At Full Speed!!!-capture4.jpg 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2015   #6
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Well looks ok the volts don't look that bad and the temp if that is at idle a bit warm but nothing to get excited about.
Could you do this please as I do like to know what is happening with the PSU as without it or it functioning properly the other components obviously are not going to follow suit.
Using HW Info
PART A:
You can test the volts on the PSU with HW Info HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download < download the right bit version and close the right hand window select Sensors and scroll down to the power section where you will see what the volts are doing see my pic. In my pic the section (Nuvoton) with VBATT is a dead give away you are in the section for the rail voltages. There are other section titles and one that pops up often is ITE
Now the voltage on the different rails have to be within 5% =+/- of what is required or the machine will not work properly if at all.
See this for the rail voltage info
Power Supply 101: A Reference Of Specifications - Power Supplies (Section 2.)
The original right hand window shows the machine running and is handy for that but for looking at the components in some detail close it and use the main left hand side panel
FOR OTHER COMPONENTS
PART B:
Open each small square with + in it on the section the components are in and then click on the individual component/s (it will highlight in blue) - in the right hand side will appear all sorts of details including brands speeds and other essential info that particular device. See pic for example.
Use PART A: and lets see what comes up with that device.


Attached Thumbnails
Processor Not At Full Speed!!!-hw-info-desktop-psu.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2015   #7
Sunehildeep

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit 7600 Multiprocessor Free
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICIT2LOL View Post
Well looks ok the volts don't look that bad and the temp if that is at idle a bit warm but nothing to get excited about.
Could you do this please as I do like to know what is happening with the PSU as without it or it functioning properly the other components obviously are not going to follow suit.
Using HW Info
PART A:
You can test the volts on the PSU with HW Info HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download < download the right bit version and close the right hand window select Sensors and scroll down to the power section where you will see what the volts are doing see my pic. In my pic the section (Nuvoton) with VBATT is a dead give away you are in the section for the rail voltages. There are other section titles and one that pops up often is ITE
Now the voltage on the different rails have to be within 5% =+/- of what is required or the machine will not work properly if at all.
See this for the rail voltage info
Power Supply 101: A Reference Of Specifications - Power Supplies (Section 2.)
The original right hand window shows the machine running and is handy for that but for looking at the components in some detail close it and use the main left hand side panel
FOR OTHER COMPONENTS
PART B:
Open each small square with + in it on the section the components are in and then click on the individual component/s (it will highlight in blue) - in the right hand side will appear all sorts of details including brands speeds and other essential info that particular device. See pic for example.
Use PART A: and lets see what comes up with that device.
i cant understand anything please see this pic


Attached Thumbnails
Processor Not At Full Speed!!!-capture34-.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2015   #8
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Ok Sunhil you got the right spot in your pic.

I think the PSU is so out of whack I am surprised the machine is working at all because the PSU has circuitry built into it to self test on power up and if the voltages are wrong it does not generate a signal to pin 8 on the 24 pin plug on the motherboard and so the CPU will not start because if it did so may cause damage to components on the board see my pic

The voltages on those rails has to be within 5% +/- of the required voltages ie 12v needs to be at least 11.4v minimum and 12.6v maximum
Examples
ATX Minimum Specs:

3.3v Rail (Min: 3.14v Max: 3.47v)

5v Rail (Min: 4.75v Max: 5.25v)

12v Rail (Min: 11.4v Max: 12.6v)

What I cannot explain is with those rail voltages the machine is working. I can only suggest you swap out that PSU for new one as from the other component details the machine is of a fair age.

The only thing I can think of is maybe the HWInfo report is wrong and the best way to measure the voltages other than that is to test them yourself with a digital multimeter (they are really quite cheap to buy) .
Use the black lead to any black cable on the power plugs and the red lead to measure the other colours.

Edit For the colours of the cables and voltages see this scroll down to the pic of the 24 pin plug / socket
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_...unit_(computer)


Attached Thumbnails
Processor Not At Full Speed!!!-sunhil.png  
Attached Images
Processor Not At Full Speed!!!-digital-meter.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2015   #9
Sunehildeep

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit 7600 Multiprocessor Free
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICIT2LOL View Post
Ok Sunhil you got the right spot in your pic.

I think the PSU is so out of whack I am surprised the machine is working at all because the PSU has circuitry built into it to self test on power up and if the voltages are wrong it does not generate a signal to pin 8 on the 24 pin plug on the motherboard and so the CPU will not start because if it did so may cause damage to components on the board see my pic

The voltages on those rails has to be within 5% +/- of the required voltages ie 12v needs to be at least 11.4v minimum and 12.6v maximum
Examples
ATX Minimum Specs:

3.3v Rail (Min: 3.14v Max: 3.47v)

5v Rail (Min: 4.75v Max: 5.25v)

12v Rail (Min: 11.4v Max: 12.6v)

What I cannot explain is with those rail voltages the machine is working. I can only suggest you swap out that PSU for new one as from the other component details the machine is of a fair age.

The only thing I can think of is maybe the HWInfo report is wrong and the best way to measure the voltages other than that is to test them yourself with a digital multimeter (they are really quite cheap to buy) .
Use the black lead to any black cable on the power plugs and the red lead to measure the other colours.

Edit For the colours of the cables and voltages see this scroll down to the pic of the 24 pin plug / socket
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_...unit_(computer)
i dont have one but when i was having my previous mobo everything was working fine . when i was having that mobo then also the voltages were these only so i think its not psu problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2015   #10
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Ok mate well I am now not sure what we are dealing with because the PSU voltages are not right and if I understand you correctly this mobo is different to the one the CPU was on?? If the CPU was on another board I take it it worked ok??

In any case if you think the PSU is not the problem then I don't see what else I can suggest.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Processor Not At Full Speed!!!




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Limited fiber download speed in windows 7 full speed in linux
I moved into a city that has 1gbps fiber and I got it. I set my computer up to run Ubuntu or Windows 7 in the Ubuntu OS I have full speed, like 980mbps but in Windows I can only get around 370mbps, they informed me that it was a know issue which is why they carry around laptops with Ubuntu instead...
Network & Sharing
Processor Speed
Hi, don't know if this is in the right section or not sorry if it's not I tried to play Halo 2 on my laptop, but I got this message when trying to Run it. The processor speed on this computer is too low to run Halo 2 for Windows Vista. Your computer's processor speed: 1300 Megahertz (1500 or...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Processor Speed
I am torn between purchasing 2 different types of computers to replace my Macbook that I had to sell to pay the taxman. One has a 2.13 GHz processor and the other a 1.8GHz. How much noticeable/significant difference would there be between the 2?
General Discussion
True Processor Speed
Other than CPUID, is there any utility out there that will tell you your true Processor speed (NOT the the Manufacturers rating) ?????? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Thanx in Advance
Performance & Maintenance
HIGH speed USB hub running at FULL speed.H
after dealing with PCI usb hub. i went and got external usb hubs and yes it worked on windows 7, but only FULL speed, my cam went from fast to laggie, iphone connect to usb hub had a message " it can perform faster if connect to a high speed port" , i check under device manager and it says " the...
Hardware & Devices
Cache vs. Processor speed
Which is really more important? Today I bought the Core i5-750 which is 2.66Ghz with 8MB of "Smart Cache". As I'm looking at a big box store website, I see that the Core i5 661, which is rated at 3.33Ghz with 4MB of Level2 cache, is selling for the same price that I bought the 750 for. As I...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:30.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App