Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Can I add hard drive to pictured PC and is the fan OK

23 Dec 2015   #11
Baddog22556

Windows 7
 
 

PCIE16 slots are longer than PCI slots. We could have cleared this up much faster with
make/model number of the desktop tower. The drive will probably have screws to hold in bay.
Kinda strange looking desktop and I've been inside a million of them but new crap every day
and I've been retired for quite a while.
I couldn't fill a 1 TB drive in the rest of what life I have left. Krazy.
Good luck.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
24 Dec 2015   #12
April Raine

win 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

It is a Medion MD8341


Attached Thumbnails
Can I add hard drive to pictured PC and is the fan OK-comp_mgmt.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2015   #13
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

Your C partition, where Windows lives, is nearly full--only 1 percent free space. Not good.

Medion MD8341?

Is that what Belarc told you? Is "Medion" allegedly the brand name on the PC itself? Or does that refer to the motherboard?

If you have a Belarc report, it should provide considerable detail on your hardware, including the motherboard.

I searched "Medion MD8341" with Google and didn't have much luck.

Is this a Lenovo PC by any chance?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Dec 2015   #14
April Raine

win 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
Your C partition, where Windows lives, is nearly full--only 1 percent free space. Not good.

Medion MD8341?

Is that what Belarc told you? Is "Medion" allegedly the brand name on the PC itself? Or does that refer to the motherboard?

If you have a Belarc report, it should provide considerable detail on your hardware, including the motherboard.

I searched "Medion MD8341" with Google and didn't have much luck.

Is this a Lenovo PC by any chance?
https://www.google.com/search?q=Medi...utf-8&oe=utf-8

the computer MEDION® AKOYA® E4355 D (MD 8341)

motherboard ms 7616

I thought it was the brand of pc you asked? Belarc did not tell me it is medion I knew that
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2015   #15
Baddog22556

Windows 7
 
 

The cooling focus is squarely on the CPU. A huge shroud sits atop the thin, active CPU cooler and funnels external air towards it from the punctured side panel. The cooler's fan spins at a leisurely pace and because this is the only fan in the system, it means that the system runs very quietly overall.
(I've never seen a PSU without a fan but what do I know.)
And there is room and slot for another drive in drive bay.
I better study up, AGAIN, on some of the latest stuff. Me and my acer aspire lappy do just fine.
Time goes by fast for older people like me and I can't believe how much price has dropped on SSDs.
I bought one couple years ago and it was only 120GB or 250GB but it cost well over $400. I sent it
back because I didn't see $400 worth of performance change other that a 5 second decrease boot up.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2015   #16
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

Here's a pic of the motherboard, an MSI MS-7616.

Apparently socket 1156, era circa 2010; uses DDR3 memory.

It's highly likely you can put another hard drive in it, but I can't find a clear picture of the interior of the case nor do I know exactly who made that case.

I'd never heard of Medion before---apparently they were purchased by Lenovo a few years back.

You can download the manual for the PC at this link. I looked at it, but it does not provide any details about the case or adding additional drives:

https://www.medion.com/gb/service/st...10013506&gid=2



Worst case scenario----even if it won't accept another hard drive, you could replace that full 1 TB drive with a larger 2 TB drive.


Attached Thumbnails
Can I add hard drive to pictured PC and is the fan OK-ms7616-jpg.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2015   #17
Baddog22556

Windows 7
 
 

You can't fit more than two hard drives in the case and you won't want to upgrade to anything more than a mid-range graphics card unless you also upgrade the power supply and get a new case. There won't be enough power to run a high-end graphics card, and there won't be sufficient space in the case to house a longer card and power supply.
But I don't know what your plan is but, YES, it will accept another hard drive.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2015   #18
April Raine

win 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
Here's a pic of the motherboard, an MSI MS-7616.

Apparently socket 1156, era circa 2010; uses DDR3 memory.

It's highly likely you can put another hard drive in it, but I can't find a clear picture of the interior of the case nor do I know exactly who made that case.

I'd never heard of Medion before---apparently they were purchased by Lenovo a few years back.

You can download the manual for the PC at this link. I looked at it, but it does not provide any details about the case or adding additional drives:

https://www.medion.com/gb/service/st...10013506&gid=2



Worst case scenario----even if it won't accept another hard drive, you could replace that full 1 TB drive with a larger 2 TB drive.
Thanks where did you get the picture of the MB? I have the manual but there is no relevant detail. I only want an extra drive and maybe a sound card with stereo mix which is disabled on this. PC. Did not know lenovo bought medion
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2015   #19
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by April Raine View Post
Thanks where did you get the picture of the MB? I have the manual but there is no relevant detail. I only want an extra drive and maybe a sound card with stereo mix which is disabled on this. PC. Did not know lenovo bought medion
https://www.google.com/search?q=MSI+...utf-8&oe=utf-8


Stereo Mix can be tricky on Windows 7.

Maybe you don't need another sound card for it. Maybe you do.

What exactly have you done to attempt to enable Stereo Mix?

Certain sound cards can add that capability, but many cannot. You need to be careful about which one you choose if you in fact cannot enable Stereo Mix with your existing setup.

A USB external sound card should work, for $30 or $40. That's what I used for a while until I changed to a motherboard that supported Stereo Mix directly from the built-in sound chip.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2015   #20
April Raine

win 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

Quote:
What exactly have you done to attempt to enable Stereo Mix?
It is not on this PC at all. RIAA I think see
The RIAA May Be Forcing Laptop Manufactuers to Disable Stereo Mix Recording

Quote:
You need to be careful about which one you choose if you in fact cannot enable Stereo Mix with your existing setup.
Correct I do not know what cards have it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Can I add hard drive to pictured PC and is the fan OK




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
hard drive failed, system image not found on hard drive
hi all, i hope someone can help me out, i am a newbie to all this so bare with me. my hard drive failed over a month ago but i managed to do a system image with win7 to my new 2tb internal hard drive. i cannot get the image recovery to work as i says "no image can be found on hard disk". i am at...
Backup and Restore
How do I transfer files from bad sata hard drive to new hard drive
Hi. I have a virus infected sata hard drive with windows 7 on it. It has the win 7 anti virus 2012 on it, and it's a cybercriminal virus. I have lots of files I want to transfer to the new sata drive. I already have windows 7 installed on the new drive. How do I get the files from the bad drive to...
Installation & Setup
Os hard drive and local disk hard drive how can i make them into one?
i have a problem my laptop says it has two hard drives though it only has one physical one my os hard drive is filled and my local disk has lots og free space can someone help me combine them?
Hardware & Devices
Computer Not Booting Hard Drive/Unresponsive Hard Drive
Hey guys, I have a HP Touchsmart IQ500. Turning my computer PC on today, all I got was a blue HP invent screen with setup, boot menu, system recovery, and system diagnosis, and I could not get past it. I entered the BIOS and figured out that the hard drive was listed as "not installed."...
Hardware & Devices
AMD Radeon HD 6990 graphics card pictured
http://static.techspot.com/fileshost/newspics3/2010/radeon-6990.jpg AMD Radeon HD 6990 graphics card pictured - TechSpot News Source: http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=28650
Graphic Cards
Nvidia's dual-GPU GeForce GTX 59x pictured
more..
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:02.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App