Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How to fix data error cyclic redundancy check

23 Jul 2016   #1
jk22

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
 
 
How to fix data error cyclic redundancy check

Hi guys,

I have WesternDigital Blue 1TB harddrive in raw format and I cant recover data nor format it.



Regards.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Jul 2016   #2
jumanji

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

Your system specifications show a laptop.

But this seems to be an internal drive on a desktop.

If it is indeed an internal drive on a desktop, forthwith disconnect your faulty drive to prevent it keep spinning till you decide what you want to do with it.

Was it working alright in the desktop before and for how long?

When did it become RAW and for how long it remained connected after becoming RAW?

Do you want to format it now? ( I am asking this question because you tried formatting it.) I shall see your answers only tomorrow morning after 11 hours from now since it is already bedtime for me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2016   #3
jk22

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jumanji View Post
Your system specifications show a laptop.

But this seems to be an internal drive on a desktop.

If it is indeed an internal drive on a desktop, forthwith disconnect your faulty drive to prevent it keep spinning till you decide what you want to do with it.

Was it working alright in the desktop before and for how long?

When did it become RAW and for how long it remained connected after becoming RAW?

Do you want to format it now? ( I am asking this question because you tried formatting it.) I shall see your answers only tomorrow morning after 11 hours from now since it is already bedtime for me.
Its the same harddrive which you told me solution on another thread to recover data from linux OS.

its been more than 3 months and its RAW drive.

I tried to format so I can recover some data later. And it was the second harddrive on laptop and was using from caddy.

I am using MiniTool Partition Recovery to check if partitions can recover and if not than I want to format it totally and want to make 1 partition instead of 2 partitions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Jul 2016   #4
jumanji

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

Yes, I do remember you were asked to use Lucid Puppy and recover whatever data you can. I revisited the thread. How to recover WD 1TB RAW HD

Have you completed the recovery process?

Your HDD is riddled with too many bad sectors. You cannot repair it and reuse it.

There is no way to get rid of the the cyclic redundancy check error from a drive that is afflicted with too many bad sectors.

You can try repair with Datalifeguard Diagnostic for Windows and also try writing zeroes to the drive (you will lose all data) with it and then format it.. And if it does not, discard your drive.

There is no way to bring a dead man alive.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2016   #5
jk22

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jumanji View Post
Yes, I do remember you were asked to use Lucid Puppy and recover whatever data you can. I revisited the thread. How to recover WD 1TB RAW HD

Have you completed the recovery process?

Your HDD is riddled with too many bad sectors. You cannot repair it and reuse it.

There is no way to get rid of the the cyclic redundancy check error from a drive that is afflicted with too many bad sectors.

You can try repair with Datalifeguard Diagnostic for Windows and also try writing zeroes to the drive (you will lose all data) with it and then format it.. And if it does not, discard your drive.

There is no way to bring a dead man alive.
Well partition recovery is almost there



lets see how it goes and I will update this thread.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2016   #6
jumanji

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

I am watching. No partition will start at LBA 0. It already shows a partition starting from LBA 0 stretching all the way to the last LBA 1953525165 with data full to the brim occupying the full 931.51 GB. Enjoy the ride as much as I enjoy it .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2016   #7
jk22

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jumanji View Post
I am watching. No partition will start at LBA 0. It already shows a partition starting from LBA 0 stretching all the way to the last LBA 1953525165 with data full to the brim occupying the full 931.51 GB. Enjoy the ride as much as I enjoy it .
Thanks for helping me out. Its still in process and do you mean like the old data can be recoverable through partition recovery ?

Edit: It stops partition recovery auto or maybe I did with keyboard button by mistake. Now I am really fedup with this harddisk but if its possible to reuse it after formatting whole drive than it will good.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2016   #8
jumanji

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

Absolutely not possible. Your drive is dead. Discard it or use it as paperweight.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2016   #9
jk22

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jumanji View Post
Absolutely not possible. Your drive is dead. Discard it or use it as paperweight.
Okay but I am thinking to try one more time with partition recovery. What do you think ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2016   #10
jumanji

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

Why once? You can try a million and one times. Results will be the same.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How to fix data error cyclic redundancy check




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Cyclic Redundancy Check Error!
Hi, I have a WD 500 GB external drive, ive been using this as my back-up for about 2 years. It was just recently, when i open my files and folders, and error pops-up "Cyclic Redundancy Check". I tried to reformat the drive but it says that it is being used by another program, it assigned a drive...
Hardware & Devices
Data error cyclic redundancy check ssd
Hi, Windows 7 doesn't recognize my SSD drive. When I go to disk management, it shows a message to initialize it (image no.1) but when I press OK to do that, one another message appears and says: Data error cyclic redundancy check (image no.2). My computer windows doesn't show that drive and also...
Hardware & Devices
DiskPart Error "Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)"
Im trying to do a clean install of Win7. Im installing it through usb i have already deleted the hard drive using Darik's Boot And Nuke.When i try to create a partition from the command prompt it gives me an error DiskPart Error "Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)" see the system event log for...
Installation & Setup
Error copying file: Data error (cyclic redundancy check). CRC Scan ?
Edit: Think my hard drive may be failing and was the cause of my file synchronizing crash. I use it mostly to stream music and video and access the hard drive a lot. Any advice thanks HDDStatus - Tool to check hard disk status, health and reliability Hey, I've been using GoodSync for the...
Backup and Restore
Cyclic Redundancy check error error_crc
I own two identical laptops. Both started having the same problem two days ago. Model is CQ61-410US Notebook from Compaq. Running Windows 7 Home Premium. 64-bit operating system. I started getting a cyclic redundancy check error (error_crc error per MS Windows). The error occurs when I attempt to...
Network & Sharing
Data Error Cyclic Redundancy Check
please help me.. my system show "Data Error<Cyclic Redundancy Check>":shock:
Performance & Maintenance


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:30.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App