Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: SSD Questions on New Computer

02 Oct 2016   #101
paulyjames

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
see comments

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulyjames View Post


Are you telling me that eventually after windows updates, that the 32gb hard drive which is more like 28.7gb will have issues sooner? Does that mean i 100 percent have to go back to the repair shop to get this issue fixed?

The issue is that the 32 GB SSD is nearly full on the first day. Why you went down that road is known only to you.

You could fiddle around and we could make a few hundred more posts to try to unf...... your situation (and likely fail considering the thousands of words in this thread already that have not done any good), but the best thing you can do is to go back to the shop and pay what you have to pay to do it right.





Oh man im very frustrated right now if that is true. Well i didn't mention about copying windows 10 to the 250gb ssd.

That's on you for not telling him.

I had thought when he did the hard drive and ssd swap, that windows 10 is on the 32gb.

Apparently you were right and didn't tell him to change the location of Windows. We don't know why you took that path.

And anything i download would be either going into that 32gb once it gets full, then anything else goes to the other hard drive... or any downloads i do go straight to the 250gb hard drive. However, i thought it was the first one.

Never mind downloads. A Windows partition that's over 90% full is a bad way to configure a new machine. But maybe that's exactly what you wanted and/or asked for. We don't know.


Is there a reason why he didn't mention this was a very bad idea? He did mention why would i want to go from 1tb to a 250gb ssd in storage and i said its b/c its an SSD.

Nothing wrong with going to a 250 gb SSD if you don't need the 1 TB storage.

Why he didn't mention it? The customer is always right and I assume he thought you knew what you wanted. I thought maybe you did to after spending hours on this thread yesterday. I was wrong.


I heard of partition and drive. But i do not understand it. I had tons of issues doing clean reinstall of windows 7 on my old laptops because of the partition issue, not deleting right one etc and computer was never wiped fully.

Think of a drive as a cigarette carton containing 10 packs, each containing 20 cigarettes. Think of the 10 packs as 10 partitions. You can delete the packs and still have the carton, but you need the packs to do what you want--smoke. Similarly, you can delete partitions from a drive, but a drive without partitions is pretty useless. You can't use it, just like you can't smoke an empty carton of cigarettes.

If cigarette people wanted, they could put just 1 pack in the carton. A huge pack containing the same 200 cigarettes as 10 packs would. That would be like a hard drive with just one big partition containing all of it's space.



Okay the reason why i didn't ask about clean install or cloning/imaging was after he put the ssd in and then wiped my ssd, he said i was all set to go. The thing is i mentioned that im not good with computers so shouldn't he get what i mean? But the way i asked, shouldn't it be obvious that no one would have it set up this way though? But shouldn't he know there was no way i wanted it to be done like this? The thing was he was really shocked there was both a 32gb and a 1tb hard drive. I mean isn't it pretty obvious that i would think anything i download would go to the 250gb ssd? Or to the 32gb ssd then once its full then to the 250gb ssd? You mention why i didn't ask him to change location of hard drive. I do not remember anyone mentioning this at all. The only thing after it was if i choose clean install or imaging/cloning but he did not ask me any of this and said i was set.


The only thing he asked me was why i wanted to go from 1tb to 250gb... That makes a lot of sense since im downgrading storage but i said... its an ssd. But yes this part everyone here understands.


Yes im going to have to go back to repair shop for this. Its 100 percent that the 1tb hard drive has to go back in, in this process to do clean install or cloning? Do i need a clean install or cloning?


The thing that confuses me still of all this is when i went there, i mentioned i got a new computer. I mentioned it has a 5400 rpm hard drive and i wanted to replace it with a old ssd of mine thats 250gb. He told me if he removes the hard drive that comes with new laptop and puts in the ssd, i will have to buy a new copy of windows 10. I was so certain i didn't have to based on what you people here mentioned. Thus if i had to buy a new windows copy, it would be 7 not 10. He mentioned if he removed the hard drive, windows 10 is in the hard drive. Im pretty close to 100 percent he said this as i mentioned this twice. Then when he checked my model of my laptop, he noticed it came with a 32gb ssd as well then said im right that i dont need to buy a new copy of windows 10 because i have this. Can anyone explain this then?


So is there a copy of windows 10 in my 1tb hard drive or not? Or its only on the 32gb ssd? Do i need to buy a new copy of windows 10? I assume 100 percent NO right. Also to sonic, why do you mention about the 1tb 5400rpm hard drive? The thing is i have no use for this hard drive. But i still need him to put this back into the laptop when fixing this problem? Is there even anything in that hard drive? Unless there is a copy of windows 10 on there as well?



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Oct 2016   #102
paulyjames

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

sonic would you be able to write down exactly what i want to do in my situation? Or anyone here can do this for me? Now you mention i should have the 32gb ssd cache removed? No one here mentioned this so does everyone here agree/disagree with this?


The frustrating thing about this is im suppose to fly out of the country soon. And because of this, now i cannot until i get this fixed. Thus i had thought everything was done when i went to the shop a few days ago and i was set.


The thing is i just want my laptop set where i dont have to open it up or do anything to do. Also im wondering. Does that mean had i just used my computer as it was such that i didn't have the 1tb 5400 rpm hard drive taken out, i still would have this issue or not? I assume yes if windows 10 isn't installed on it but no if it is? And of course the shop is closed today so i have to go there early next day.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2016   #103
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

see comments.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulyjames View Post
Okay the reason why i didn't ask about clean install or cloning/imaging was after he put the ssd in and then wiped my ssd, he said i was all set to go.

If all you told him to do is remove the 1 TB and replace it with the SSD, he was right--you were all set to go. He didn't even have to wipe the SSD. Maybe he transferred Windows from the 1 TB to the SSD. Maybe he didn't. Maybe Windows was on the 32 GB SSD when you walked into the shop. Maybe it wasn't. All we know is that Windows is on the 32 GB SSD NOW.

But we don't have a tape recording of what you told him.


The thing is i mentioned that im not good with computers so shouldn't he get what i mean?


But the way i asked, shouldn't it be obvious that no one would have it set up this way though?

We don't know what you asked. That's why I say you should write it down and tell him to do what's written down.

He may be stupid. He may be brilliant. We don't have his end of the story.


You say the customer is always right and i agree with that statement. But shouldn't he know there was no way i wanted it to be done like this?

He may have misunderstood you. Maybe you were unclear. It doesn't matter as of right now. Maybe he is poor at English comprehension. Maybe you are poor at English expression. None of that matters now.

The thing was he was really shocked there was both a 32gb and a 1tb hard drive. I mean isn't it pretty obvious that i would think anything i download would go to the 250gb ssd?

Where downloads go is not the problem. A download unrelated to Windows itself can be directed anywhere. The problem is C is way too small. Windows lives on C and likes some free space. If your C was 80 or 100, that might be fine.


You mention why i didn't ask him to change location of hard drive. I do not remember anyone mentioning this at all.

No one said anything about changing the location of a hard drive.

Things have been said about changing the location of Windows. Many times in this thread. Reread it if you care to.


The only thing after it was if i choose clean install or imaging/cloning but he did not ask me any of this and said i was set.

Why would he mention it? You are the customer. You tell him what you want. I guess you just told him to swap hard drives and wipe the SSD. I guess he did.


Yes im going to have to go back to repair shop for this. Its 100 percent that the 1tb hard drive has to go back in, in this process to do clean install or cloning? Do i need a clean install or cloning?

Why would you put the 1 TB back in?? If you don't need that much storage, why use it at all? You can put Windows and 100 applications on 100 GB.

Re cloning and clean install: I wrote hundreds of words about this yesterday in this thread and have nothing more to add to that. Pick one or the other for the reasons previously mentioned.



He told me if he removes the hard drive that comes with new laptop and puts in the ssd, i will have to buy a new copy of windows 10.

Pick from this list:

1: He didn't say that.

2: He's a liar.

3: He's incompetent.




I was so certain i didn't have to based on what you people here mentioned. Thus if i had to buy a new windows copy, it would be 7 not 10. He mentioned if he removed the hard drive, windows 10 is in the hard drive. Im pretty close to 100 percent he said this as i mentioned this twice.

It doesn't make any difference if Windows was on the 1 TB or on the 32 GB. You still don't have to buy Windows 10 again. If you want 7, you have to buy it.

Then when he checked my model of my laptop, he noticed it came with a 32gb ssd as well then said im right that i dont need to buy a new copy of windows 10 because i have this. Can anyone explain this then?

Repeat: you don't have to buy a new copy of 10 period. If he said something else, he is incompetent or lying. I have no idea what he really said.


So is there a copy of windows 10 in my 1tb hard drive or not? Or its only on the 32gb ssd? Do i need to buy a new copy of windows 10? I assume 100 percent NO right.

Win 10 could be on the 1 TB still. It may have been there when you bought the machine.

It apparently is on the 32 GB since your machine will start up without the 1 TB drive.

It could be in both places. We don't know if he wiped the 1 TB drive.

But it doesn't matter.

You bought a Windows 10 license. You are legally entitled to move it to any other drive in this machine.

100% no you don't need to buy Windows 10 again.

What he will tell you is another question.

We have no idea if he is honest or a thief.

You told us yesterday you had all kinds of faith in him. Maybe you're right and maybe not.


[/B]
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Oct 2016   #104
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulyjames View Post
Now you mention i should have the 32gb ssd cache removed? No one here mentioned this so does everyone here agree/disagree with this?
No, it should stay in there but it shouldn't have an OS installed on it, it's meant to be a cache drive to enhance the performance of your standard HDD.

Think of it like a two piece Hybrid (SSHD) drive,

SSD Questions on New Computer-2016-10-02_00h24_59.png

Yours is on the left.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_drive


My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2016   #105
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

see comments

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulyjames View Post
sonic would you be able to write down exactly what i want to do in my situation? Or anyone here can do this for me? Now you mention i should have the 32gb ssd cache removed? No one here mentioned this so does everyone here agree/disagree with this?

Decide if you want a clone or a clean install.

You don't have to remove the 32 GB---it's just pretty useless if you have a 250 GB SSD.

I assume the current installation is activated.

If clone or image, "I want you to transfer the existing installation now on the 32 GB drive to the 250 GB drive, either by cloning or imaging. Make the C partition on the 250 GB drive as large as possible. Make sure the cloned installation is activated. Make sure the SSD is properly aligned. Make sure I have a working Internet connection. I don't want to use the 32 GB drive if possible.".

If clean, "I want you remove all partitions from the 250 GB SSD and do a clean install of Windows 10 to that SSD and activate it with my existing Product Key. Make the C partition on the 250 GB drive as large as possible. Make sure the SSD is properly aligned. Make sure I have a working Internet connection. I don't want to use the 32 GB drive if possible."

Others may have suggestions, but you don't want to get fancy or complicated or leave any room for error. Keep the instructions simple.

Make sure it boots when you pick it up. Inspect the size of C and how much remaining space it has. Confirm the Internet connection.

That should be enough if he is competent and honest. You'll have to update Windows 10 and get used to it, but that's all you need to begin working with the machine.

If he balks at the instructions or starts talking stuff you don't understand, head for the door--with the machine.



Does that mean had i just used my computer as it was such that i didn't have the 1tb 5400 rpm hard drive taken out, i still would have this issue or not?

I don't know as we never saw a Disk Management screen shot before you took it to the shop. I don't know how it was configured.

My guess is that Dell would configured it with Windows 10 on the 5400 rpm spinning disc with the 32 GB portion just used as a cache to speed things up a bit.

If that's correct, then it appears he transferred Windows from the 5400 to the 32 GB SSD, when it would have been better to transfer or clean install to the 250 GB SSD.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2016   #106
paulyjames

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
see comments.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulyjames View Post
Okay the reason why i didn't ask about clean install or cloning/imaging was after he put the ssd in and then wiped my ssd, he said i was all set to go.

If all you told him to do is remove the 1 TB and replace it with the SSD, he was right--you were all set to go. He didn't even have to wipe the SSD. Maybe he transferred Windows from the 1 TB to the SSD. Maybe he didn't. Maybe Windows was on the 32 GB SSD when you walked into the shop. Maybe it wasn't. All we know is that Windows is on the 32 GB SSD NOW.

But we don't have a tape recording of what you told him.


The thing is i mentioned that im not good with computers so shouldn't he get what i mean?


But the way i asked, shouldn't it be obvious that no one would have it set up this way though?

We don't know what you asked. That's why I say you should write it down and tell him to do what's written down.

He may be stupid. He may be brilliant. We don't have his end of the story.


You say the customer is always right and i agree with that statement. But shouldn't he know there was no way i wanted it to be done like this?

He may have misunderstood you. Maybe you were unclear. It doesn't matter as of right now. Maybe he is poor at English comprehension. Maybe you are poor at English expression. None of that matters now.

The thing was he was really shocked there was both a 32gb and a 1tb hard drive. I mean isn't it pretty obvious that i would think anything i download would go to the 250gb ssd?

Where downloads go is not the problem. A download unrelated to Windows itself can be directed anywhere. The problem is C is way too small. Windows lives on C and likes some free space. If your C was 80 or 100, that might be fine.


You mention why i didn't ask him to change location of hard drive. I do not remember anyone mentioning this at all.

No one said anything about changing the location of a hard drive.

Things have been said about changing the location of Windows. Many times in this thread. Reread it if you care to.


The only thing after it was if i choose clean install or imaging/cloning but he did not ask me any of this and said i was set.

Why would he mention it? You are the customer. You tell him what you want. I guess you just told him to swap hard drives and wipe the SSD. I guess he did.


Yes im going to have to go back to repair shop for this. Its 100 percent that the 1tb hard drive has to go back in, in this process to do clean install or cloning? Do i need a clean install or cloning?

Why would you put the 1 TB back in?? If you don't need that much storage, why use it at all? You can put Windows and 100 applications on 100 GB.

Re cloning and clean install: I wrote hundreds of words about this yesterday in this thread and have nothing more to add to that. Pick one or the other for the reasons previously mentioned.



He told me if he removes the hard drive that comes with new laptop and puts in the ssd, i will have to buy a new copy of windows 10.

Pick from this list:

1: He didn't say that.

2: He's a liar.

3: He's incompetent.




I was so certain i didn't have to based on what you people here mentioned. Thus if i had to buy a new windows copy, it would be 7 not 10. He mentioned if he removed the hard drive, windows 10 is in the hard drive. Im pretty close to 100 percent he said this as i mentioned this twice.

It doesn't make any difference if Windows was on the 1 TB or on the 32 GB. You still don't have to buy Windows 10 again. If you want 7, you have to buy it.

Then when he checked my model of my laptop, he noticed it came with a 32gb ssd as well then said im right that i dont need to buy a new copy of windows 10 because i have this. Can anyone explain this then?

Repeat: you don't have to buy a new copy of 10 period. If he said something else, he is incompetent or lying. I have no idea what he really said.


So is there a copy of windows 10 in my 1tb hard drive or not? Or its only on the 32gb ssd? Do i need to buy a new copy of windows 10? I assume 100 percent NO right.

Win 10 could be on the 1 TB still. It may have been there when you bought the machine.

It apparently is on the 32 GB since your machine will start up without the 1 TB drive.

It could be in both places. We don't know if he wiped the 1 TB drive.

But it doesn't matter.

You bought a Windows 10 license. You are legally entitled to move it to any other drive in this machine.

100% no you don't need to buy Windows 10 again.

What he will tell you is another question.

We have no idea if he is honest or a thief.

You told us yesterday you had all kinds of faith in him. Maybe you're right and maybe not.


[/B]

Yes all i asked was remove hard drive, put ssd and wipe ssd. I did not mention asking him changing location of windows.


If all you told him to do is remove the 1 TB and replace it with the SSD, he was right--you were all set to go. He didn't even have to wipe the SSD. Maybe he transferred Windows from the 1 TB to the SSD. Maybe he didn't. Maybe Windows was on the 32 GB SSD when you walked into the shop. Maybe it wasn't. All we know is that Windows is on the 32 GB SSD NOW.


Im pretty positive he did not transfer windows from the 1tb to the ssd. I was looking at the screen and he did not do any of this. Unless this was done in the disk management? If not done in disk management, its 100 percent no.

Why would you put the 1 TB back in?? If you don't need that much storage, why use it at all? You can put Windows and 100 applications on 100 GB.

Re cloning and clean install: I wrote hundreds of words about this yesterday in this thread and have nothing more to add to that. Pick one or the other for the reasons previously mentioned.



Sorry misread this. I thought someone told me i had to put the 1tb back in which didn't make sense.



He told me if he removes the hard drive that comes with new laptop and puts in the ssd, i will have to buy a new copy of windows 10.

Pick from this list:

1: He didn't say that.

2: He's a liar.

3: He's incompetent.



I'm pretty close to 100 percent he did because i asked this a few times. The reason is because it took me by surprise when he said i had to buy a new copy of windows 10 because everyone here mentioned i did not need to. It made no sense to me because i remembered you guys mentioned if i had to buy any windows, its windows 7. It wouldn't make sense i have to buy windows 10 since its new computer. Unless he probably thought i meant something else? I thought i was pretty straightforward though. Yes i did not mention i like to change the windows location though.


The thing is i went to him a few times for issues with my other computers and he is very good with it. So i figure this was very simple since it was basically take hard drive out and put ssd in and i was set. Also dont you guys think its b/c this computer is different due to the 32gb? Because if there was only the 1tb hard drive, then its pretty simple. Could it be because he just doesn't see much of these 32gb that comes along with it? He was very surprised when he saw this.


In another forum, someone mentioned he and a lot of other members has the same type of computer except its refurbished. He mentioend to toss the 32gb away and remove it. He said when it does more updates, it will have more issues. So theres 28.7gb of space. Theres less than 2gb free. But as of now, i have about 300mb free out of 28.7gb because i erased a few movies. So wouldn't this have to be removed from the laptop because once window updates, im going to have the same problem later on when it uses up the 28.7gb?


This was his post



I have the same 32gb + 1TB (refurb) configuration from Dell and have several posts here which you should search. There are others with that config that have also posted here so take a look.

That 32gb drive is garbage. Incredibly slow and not reliable; also old tech and not really designed to run W10 directly. Dell installed w10 on my 32gb drive but after the first day when windows tried to auto update, there was not enough space and updates failed. You can sell that 32gb drive for around $25 on ebay (less commissions and fees, of course) or just put it in the bin.

Apparently, some of these laptops (new?) might run windows on the 1TB using the 32gb only as a cache but not 100% sure and don't really care as I don;t run that. But that should be the correct way to operate; however, it is really slow.

If you don't want to buy a good m.2 drive now and just keep your current 2.5" 250gb SSD, then I would consider removing the 32GB drive and putting everything on the 250GB drive for simplicity and speed.

Also remember you don't want any SSD more than about 70% full for performance reasons

Good luck.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2016   #107
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

see comments

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulyjames View Post


Im pretty positive he did not transfer windows from the 1tb to the ssd. I was looking at the screen and he did not do any of this. Unless this was done in the disk management? If not done in disk management, its 100 percent no.

You can't transfer Windows from one drive to another in Disk Management. If it was transferred, he used something else.





Could it be because he just doesn't see much of these 32gb that comes along with it? He was very surprised when he saw this.

That's all speculation and irrelevant.

What matters now is deciding if he knows whether he is on foot or horseback and if you know what to ask for to get it done right.



In another forum, someone mentioned he and a lot of other members has the same type of computer except its refurbished. He mentioend to toss the 32gb away and remove it. He said when it does more updates, it will have more issues. So theres 28.7gb of space. Theres less than 2gb free. But as of now, i have about 300mb free out of 28.7gb because i erased a few movies. So wouldn't this have to be removed from the laptop because once window updates, im going to have the same problem later on when it uses up the 28.7gb?

I have no idea if that 32 GB thingy will cause update issues. Maybe so. It's just a complication. Who needs it? But for all I know, there is something about that laptop that would demand that it not be removed. I've never fiddled with those little caching drives.

That's just one more reason why Win 10 should be on the large SSD instead. Maybe your guy has never dealt with one before. Avoid that thing 32 GB thing if possible.



My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2016   #108
paulyjames

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

If thats the case, im close to 100 percent sure he did not transfer windows from one drive to another.


Here is another response from someone on another forum and looking on your feedback on this. I guess from this post, Dell did install windows 10 on the 32gb?


Your repair guys a complete idiot, windows should not be on the C drive and he should have told you this if he knew what he was doing.
Dell SCREWED UP as always with refurb 32gb 9550's and reinstalled windows to the 32gb instead of the 1tb (they always screw this up). the 32gb acts as a cache drive to make the 1tb drive appear faster for short bursts using intel RST to control this.

Take it back and point this out to him and ask for your money back then leave.

shrink the partition on the 250gb drive as much as possible and use macrium reflect free edition to copy the 32gb over to the 250gb then wipe the 32gb.

Macrium can make it bootable again, google how macrium can fix broken boot drives.

Once back in windows you can start to copy your stuff over to the new partition with windows on it and use disk management to adjust the partition size until you have cleared the old partition. Then delete that and expand the windows drive with your data on to fill the 25o.

You need to learn this sh1t instead of letting people rip you off fella.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2016   #109
paulyjames

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

So obviously im not going to fix this issue myself and will head back to repair shop. The thing is this guy is very smart with computers. The thing is maybe he misunderstood me? However, im pretty certain that i explained what i wanted as simple as possible though. I mean i basically asked i like to have hard drives changed and erase SSD and thats all. I mean thats as simple as it gets right?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2016   #110
paulyjames

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

The guy i go to is a very honest guy. I know some of you guys say certain places are shady etc but this guy is honest. However, I think the reason is because he made a mistake due to that 32gb ssd drive. That is the only thing that i can think of that he doesn't deal with those at all and its always 1 hard drive in the computer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 SSD Questions on New Computer




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 transfer to new computer questions
I purchased a retail copy of Windows 7 Home Premium Edition which included both the 32 bit and 64 bit discs. I am currently using the 32 bit version on my computer. I am considering using the Update Anytime online to upgrade to Windows Pro. In the future, if I build a new computer, can I use the...
Windows Updates & Activation
Buying new custom computer. Few questions
Hey everyone. This is my first post and I know NOTHING about PCs. My current device is a Sony Ultrabook T. Its an i5 with 8GB of RAM. Its been a decent PC. Used for class and browsing. Ive always wanted a desktop and to use dual or 3 screens. A buddy is selling a PC for $450. These are the...
General Discussion
Questions on a gaming computer
I am in the process of trying to figuer out the best components to use in the gaming computer I am planning to build and any advice would be most welcome. The parts list I have so far is: OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K...
Gaming
Problems/questions about RDP - and I am not a computer person.
Hi, I have an RDP issue. Back story: I never liked computers, and I don't know anything about computers or networking. I decided to buy a Lenovo Thinkpad Android Honeycomb 3.1 tablet for grad school. I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit at home. I figured it would be nice to access my stuff...
Network & Sharing
Two questions on a new Toshiba Computer
I have a new Toshiba M645-S4061 laptop that I just got working today and when I open internet explorer I get two screens that open: Windows internet explorer with google search and Start.toshiba.com. Can someone tell me how to stop the start.toshiba.com from opening. And also, how do I get the...
General Discussion
Upgrading Computer Questions..
I just recently upgraded to Windows 7 and now I would like to upgrade my computer. I have a technical question about hardware: Mobo that i want to buy is a Biostar T5XE CFX-SLI, I currently have a Asus A8n Sli-Deluxe. Would the new mobo fit in the same case that the Asus fits in? I do not...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:19.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App