Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Get an error when trying to install the driver for my wireless adapter

25 Oct 2016   #1
TactX

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 
Get an error when trying to install the driver for my wireless adapter

Hello,
Yesterday I got my desktop fixed because, as the guy said, the HDD stopped working so I got an SSD. He also gave me a new network card because supposedly my old one wasn't working anymore.
At first it was fine and I was reinstalling all applications, but after like half an hour the signal dropped out and I lost connection. After a minute, I got it back but the connection was really slow. I restarted my computer and the same thing happened.
First I tried putting my old card in but the computer froze like it did before I got it fixed, so I put in the new card and tried reinstalling the Drivers and when I was installing it, I got a message saying make sure the network adapter is plugged in. I turned off my computer, took it out and put it back again, the driver installed fine but when I restarted the computer as it prompted me to do so, it said the network card isn't connected again.
Is it a problem with the network card or the driver? Or could it be the motherboard?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 Oct 2016   #2
Megahertz07

Windows 7 HP
 
 

Is your MoBo LAN not working?
Is your MoBo LAN disabled?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2016   #3
oscer1

win 7 64 bit
 
 

Hi what's the make and model of the network card? try going to the manufacture support site to see if they have an updated driver.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Oct 2016   #4
TactX

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Megahertz07 View Post
Is your MoBo LAN not working?
Is your MoBo LAN disabled?
I've checked that and it's enabled, but I am talking about a wireless network card, sorry I am not the best with terms
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2016   #5
TactX

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by oscer1 View Post
Hi what's the make and model of the network card? try going to the manufacture support site to see if they have an updated driver.
tenda w322p+ wireless pci adapter is the card I am using and can I download the driver on my laptop and transfer it via a USB?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Oct 2016   #6
Megahertz07

Windows 7 HP
 
 

Try this.
Go to device manager and uninstall / remove the card driver. Reboot, with the LAN connected and let it search for a driver on the net.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Oct 2016   #7
TactX

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Megahertz07 View Post
Try this.
Go to device manager and uninstall / remove the card driver. Reboot, with the LAN connected and let it search for a driver on the net.
What do you mean by having the lan connected?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Oct 2016   #8
oscer1

win 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TactX View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by oscer1 View Post
Hi what's the make and model of the network card? try going to the manufacture support site to see if they have an updated driver.
tenda w322p+ wireless pci adapter is the card I am using and can I download the driver on my laptop and transfer it via a USB?
Yes you can do that
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Oct 2016   #9
Megahertz07

Windows 7 HP
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TactX View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Megahertz07 View Post
Try this.
Go to device manager and uninstall / remove the card driver. Reboot, with the LAN connected and let it search for a driver on the net.
What do you mean by having the lan connected?
Use the wired connection to search the WEB
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Oct 2016   #10
TactX

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by oscer1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TactX View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by oscer1 View Post
Hi what's the make and model of the network card? try going to the manufacture support site to see if they have an updated driver.
tenda w322p+ wireless pci adapter is the card I am using and can I download the driver on my laptop and transfer it via a USB?
Yes you can do that
I have tried it and I still get the same error, does that mean the card is faulty, or possibly my motherboard?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Get an error when trying to install the driver for my wireless adapter




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Problem with the driver for Wireless Adapter
My problem is 2fold: 1. I recently moved to a new city. Prior to moving my desktop wireless nic(Realtek 8190 802.11N) was operating flawlessly in the N spectrum. I unplugged the PC, boxed it, shipped it to new address, unboxed it, plugged it in(once the new cable/internet connection was installed...
Network & Sharing
Driver for Belkin F5D7050 Wireless G USB Network Adapter won't install
Hi I have just installed a new Windows 7 64-bit on my drsktop PC and I have found that i cant connect to my wifi because the driver for my Belkin F5D7050 Wireless G USB Network Adapter wont install. I have made a backup of all the drivers on my PC when I was still running Win7 32-Bit so just to...
Drivers
Error Code -5001 : 0x80070002 during wireless card driver install
Hi, This is an urgent question as I have two days to send back the computer if it won't work. I bought the Asus Zenbook UX21E (Windows 7 64bit on 128Go SSD) and like many others I encountered problems with the wireless card which was inconsistent. The procedure to solve this problem includes...
Drivers
Wireless Adapter driver not working .
I use Toshiba Satellite L645-S4056. I lost my recovery partition so i installed windows 7 from another DVD. Previously my laptop had home premium but i installed ultimate with a DVD. After installing computer doesnot detect any Network adapter. It doesnot even show wireless adpater in device...
Drivers
Problem with the driver for Wireless Adapter
I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 64bit with Windows 7 Home Premium Edition. I went to bed last night around 2am everything worked fine. I wake up this morning around 9am and can not connect to the internet. When I go to connect I get the message "Problem with the driver for Wireless Adapter". I...
Network & Sharing
dwl g-122 wireless adapter Driver issue
i have d link dwl g-122 wireless adapter. I m using windows 7. windows 7 successfully install the driver but when i try to establish a wireless network it gives and error occurred "an unexpected error occurred". In device manager it shows that adapter is installed successfully. Thanks in advance...
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:58.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App