I am having the same issue and I don't experience any freeze,boot or other problems but this error message in the event viewer just annoys me...I am not sure if it is related becuse I don't think we are using Ata 66 DMA because as far as I know that is the old standart and now we are using Ultra DMA 5 and our problem sems similar to that one the but what microsoft says:
If you are using DMA transfer mode with an ATA66 hard disk, you may receive the following error messages at startupd isk error driver detected a controller error on the device, \Device\Harddisk1\DR1
ATAPI Error Parity error on device \IDE\IDEport1
CAUSEATA66 DMA transfer mode is not supported for the onboard IDE controller....
ATA66 DMA transfer mode is not supported for the onboard IDE controller.
To resolve this issue, change the transfer mode for the controller:
- Right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
- Double-click System Tools in the right pane, and then double-click Device Manager.
- Double-click IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller in the right pane, and then double-click the appropriate controller.
- On the Advanced Settings tab, click PIO Only in the Transfer Mode box.
- Click OK, close the Computer Management window, and then reboot the computer.
And what I also experience.... Western Digital Caviar Black Windlg 1.17 issue