Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: New PC Spec

24 Dec 2009   #1
Capt.Jack Sparrow

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 
New PC Spec

HI Friends ,

My friend need help to build PC he gave me a spec

GIGABYTE GA-MA785G-UD3H AMD 785G Motherboard
Phenom X4-9500 @ 3GHZ
2 GB DDR 3 transcend
500 GB SEAGATE

I need some suggestions to improve this or is this spec good

Thanks
Captain


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Dec 2009   #2
Uber Philf

W7 RTM Ultimate x64
 
 

It's not too bad IMO, but maybe 4GB would be more "standard"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2009   #3
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Throw an SSD for the operating system in, e.g. this one ( Newegg.com - OCZ Vertex Turbo OCZSSD2-1VTXT60G 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD) - Solid State Disks ). That would speed up the system considerably.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Dec 2009   #4
Capt.Jack Sparrow

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

I thought about the RAM ... Can someone time me difference between DD2 and DD3 RAM .. I'm not quiet sure whether that make much difference in performance
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2009   #5
Capt.Jack Sparrow

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Throw an SSD for the operating system in, e.g. this one ( Newegg.com - OCZ Vertex Turbo OCZSSD2-1VTXT60G 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD) - Solid State Disks ). That would speed up the system considerably.
I'm not sure whether he can afford that .. Because his price is quiet limited .. I would recommend that to him
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2009   #6
Uber Philf

W7 RTM Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
I thought about the RAM ... Can someone time me difference between DD2 and DD3 RAM .. I'm not quiet sure whether that make much difference in performance
It's mainly just a difference in clock speed, DDR3 has a much higher maximum clock speed compared to DDR2 or DDR.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2009   #7
Capt.Jack Sparrow

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Uber Philf View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
I thought about the RAM ... Can someone time me difference between DD2 and DD3 RAM .. I'm not quiet sure whether that make much difference in performance
It's mainly just a difference in clock speed, DDR3 has a much higher maximum clock speed compared to DDR2 or DDR.
Thanks mate .. I guess its better to stay with DDR3
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2009   #8
win7clutz

Windows 7 Ultimate (64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
HI Friends ,

My friend need help to build PC he gave me a spec

GIGABYTE GA-MA785G-UD3H AMD 785G Motherboard
Phenom X4-9500 @ 3GHZ
2 GB DDR 3 transcend
500 GB SEAGATE

I need some suggestions to improve this or is this spec good

Thanks
Captain
This is a DDR2 board so he can't run DDR3 mem...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2009   #9
stormy13
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Might want to give the specs on that motherboard a good look,

Quote:
Memory
  1. 4 x 1.8V DDR2 DIMM sockets supporting up to 16 GB of system memory (Note 1)
  2. Dual channel memory architecture
  3. Support for DDR2 1333(O.C.) /1066/800 MHz memory modules (Note 2)
GA-MA785G-UD3H (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification

It won't work with DDR3, DDR2 only. Also a big no on that 9500, if he wants a quad core look at something from the Phenom II or Athlon II series.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2009   #10
Capt.Jack Sparrow

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Oh Ok ... Thanks guys for bringing that to my notice.
So what board will work with Phenom X4-9500 @ 3GHZ with DDR3??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 New PC Spec




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Need a RAM spec'ing expert
This is an Acer Aspire 5003WMLi laptop I've installed Win7 on to see if the display would render correctly in which case we'd go ahead and upgrade the RAM. RAM sticks are expensive for this RAM so thought I'd try adding a gig stick to the 518mb which is on there now. Then if owner wants another gig...
Hardware & Devices
Help with ram and spec review, thanks
http://s23.postimg.org/h6ck9mit7/spec_1.png http://s24.postimg.org/obv4kld51/spec_2.png Here are my complete computer specs. I am looking to improve my ram by adding another 4 GB so can someone help me find a good deal on that? or if there's a good for ram bigger than 4GB, let me know about...
Hardware & Devices
Spec for new PC
My old PC has died:cry: The mobo and CPU are kaput so it is time to bite the bullet and invest in new. Below is the spec I intend to purchase. Cost will be just under Ł700. I think it looks good value, what do others think? Case COOLERMASTER ELITE 311 BLUE CASE Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7...
Chillout Room
Could someone help me spec a build please?
Hi Posting on behalf of a friend who asked me for advice on speccing a build he wants for video editing etc About the computer upgrade.. This is where you might be able to help me. My bro hasn't ordered anything yet as he said that Motherboard etc was just a suggestion of what he thought i...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Should I try to overclock with my spec?
*Click "My System Spec" on left bottom to see my spec* Is it safe for my spec to overclock?
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:12.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App