|09 Feb 2010||#1|
| || |
HP Deskjet 3816
I recently switched to windows 7 64 bits. However my printer aint working, and I really need it for my study.
When I use the cd of the HP Deskjet 3810 it says that it is incompatible with the 64 bits version.
When I look at my devices and printers the printer is seen as unknown. So I assume that windows does see the printer only the right driver is not installed.
I tried to let windows 7 find the drivers and also looked at the HP website but couldn't find my printer in it.
Is there any chance that it will work or do I have to buy a new printer?
|My System Specs|
|09 Feb 2010||#2|
| || |
At last I found the solution, sorry for opening this threath however others might wanne use it as well:
HP is not providing a Windows Vista driver for the HP Deskjet 3816 printer. But there is an alternative way to get the printer working on Windows Vista. Just follow these steps:
1. If your printer is connected to your computer, disconnect it.
2. Click on the Start menu.
3. Click on Control Panel
4. Click on the Hardware & Sounds control panel.
5. Click Printers.
6. Click "Add a Printer"
7. Click "Add a Local Printer"
8. Check off the "Use an existing port" check box.
9. In the list entitled "Use an existing port" choose "LPT1: (Printer Port)
10. Click on the "Next" button
11. Choose "HP" as the manufacturer from the list of manufacturers
12. In the printers list that shows up, choose "Deskjet 970cse"
13. Click on the "Next" button
14. In the text box called "Printer name" type "Deskjet 3816"
15. Wait for the computer to say that the printer has been successfully added.
16. Connect your printer to your computer (i.e. connect the cable to the USB port at the back of your computer.
17. A "Found New Hardware" screen should show up. Click Cancel on this window. (if it keeps showing up, just keep on clicking cancel until no more windows pop up)
18. Go back to the printer folder (i.e. the one where you clicked "Add a Printer"
19. Right Click on "Deskjet 3816"
20. Click on "Properties" in the menu that popped up.
21. Select the "Ports" tab.
22. Change the port from "LPT1" to "USB"
23. Click on the "Apply" button.
Source: Installing HP Deskjet 3816 Printer on Windows Vista
|My System Specs|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 PM.