Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: PC suddenly turned off while I'm using it


08 Apr 2009   #1

Windows 7 Build 7068.0.090321-1322_x64 Ultimate
 
 
PC suddenly turned off while I'm using it

Hello,
1st this is my laptop features
LG R405 Laptop:
2.0 GHz T5750 Core 2 Duo Processor
14.1" screen
4GB DDR2
320 GB Hard Drive
2nd i have been use Windows7 7000 x64 on my laptop and from 2 days before i"m using 7068X64 and the same problem for both OS
and the problem is while I'm work or download or playing something suddenly the laptop turned off, and when I'm start it again nothing abnormal come on my screen in v7068 but before when I was use v7000 after the windows start it shows "open with" window when I was open it in notepad, it show
Code:
===========================================================================
Interface List
 17...xx xx xx xx xx xx ......802.11n Wireless LAN Card
 15...xx xx xx xx xx xx ......Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
 12...xx xx xx xx xx xx ......Marvell Yukon 88E8039 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller
  1...........................Software Loopback Interface 1
 10...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
 13...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
 16...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2
 18...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3
 19...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
===========================================================================
i hope if you understand me well
because my English language not well
thank you all

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Apr 2009   #2

Windows 7 Build 7068.0.090321-1322_x64 Ultimate
 
 

up
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Apr 2009   #3

Windows XP-Pro-SP3, Windows 7
 
 

There can be many problems that cause a PC, (any PC) to just shut off or reset and start over.

At least with laptops, the most common problem is overheating.
The laptop should always be sitting on a clean, flat, smooth surface.
Never sit it on your lap or on a bed, rug, couch or any soft surface that can block the air flow into the bottom of the laptop.

Dust can also build up inside the laptop in the heatsink for the CPU chip.
Sometimes that dust can be blown out with compressed air and sometimes the little PC has to be opened up and the heatsink cleaned manually.

If the cooling fan is failing, the unit will need to go to a service center authorized to work on that Brand of Laptop. (unless, you're a technician or just very adventurous )

Good Luck,
Doc
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


10 Apr 2009   #4

 

I have had the same problem a few times with 7068 and ones with 7077....its really annoying...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Apr 2009   #5

vista
 
 

did you install old drivers over the windows 7 drivers?

maybe not a good idea....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2009   #6

Windows XP-Pro-SP3, Windows 7
 
 

Drivers? Drivers?
I was personally amazed at how Win-7 installed on my 3yr old PC and never stumbled once over any of the hardware. It seemed to have a driver for everything and it installed everything but my printer and my external USB phone modem. (that was expected)

Win-7 (64 bit) runs like a scalded dog on my AMD dual core 5200+ processor, with my 4 gigs of DDR2, Super Talent ram. It's much peppier than my Windows XP-Pro-SP3 (32 bit).

Since getting Windows Mail to run on it, I'm pretty happy with it.

Happy Easter Mates!

Doc
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2009   #7

XP/win7 x86 build 7127
 
 

I only had this freakish thing happen to me ONCE. This was on 7000, as was around the very very early stages after my first install. I had set auto-restart off, still happened. Most times this is due to heat, or your psu not cranking out enough power. Could be alot of things actually. Troubleshoot, trial and error is really all i could tell you. Other than telling you that you should put your OS specs in, rather than JUST the OS you are running, or having to put it in a thread multiple times.

over and out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2009   #8

 

Thanks for the advice with the compressed air against the dust DrWho now my laptop doesnt overheat or suddenly shut down more
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2009   #9

Windows 7 Build 7068.0.090321-1322_x64 Ultimate
 
 

thanks all specially for DrWho thanks for ur advice
and about win-7 it is really amazing, I've been used all Microsoft OS from win-3.11 to win-7 now , it is really interest to have OS light, beautiful, easy to use and without all of complication like what vista is.

Happy Easter for all Christian
thedigitalman
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2009   #10

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thedigitalman View Post
Hello,
1st this is my laptop features
LG R405 Laptop:
2.0 GHz T5750 Core 2 Duo Processor
14.1" screen
4GB DDR2
320 GB Hard Drive
2nd i have been use Windows7 7000 x64 on my laptop and from 2 days before i"m using 7068X64 and the same problem for both OS
and the problem is while I'm work or download or playing something suddenly the laptop turned off, and when I'm start it again nothing abnormal come on my screen in v7068 but before when I was use v7000 after the windows start it shows "open with" window when I was open it in notepad, it show
Code:
===========================================================================
Interface List
 17...xx xx xx xx xx xx ......802.11n Wireless LAN Card
 15...xx xx xx xx xx xx ......Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
 12...xx xx xx xx xx xx ......Marvell Yukon 88E8039 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller
  1...........................Software Loopback Interface 1
 10...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
 13...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
 16...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2
 18...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3
 19...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
===========================================================================
i hope if you understand me well
because my English language not well
thank you all
1st - use the link to the left to input your system specs so you don't have to keep writing them down in a post when asking for help...see mine for how detailed you can really get.

2nd - was any section of the laptop getting hot?

Have you checked your event logs to see what it going on?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DrWho View Post
There can be many problems that cause a PC, (any PC) to just shut off or reset and start over.

At least with laptops, the most common problem is overheating.
The laptop should always be sitting on a clean, flat, smooth surface.
Never sit it on your lap or on a bed, rug, couch or any soft surface that can block the air flow into the bottom of the laptop.

Dust can also build up inside the laptop in the heatsink for the CPU chip.
Sometimes that dust can be blown out with compressed air and sometimes the little PC has to be opened up and the heatsink cleaned manually.

If the cooling fan is failing, the unit will need to go to a service center authorized to work on that Brand of Laptop. (unless, you're a technician or just very adventurous )

Good Luck,
Doc
Zactly my thought

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sergiogarcia9 View Post
I have had the same problem a few times with 7068 and ones with 7077....its really annoying...
An arbitrary shut down without asking?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ollie007 View Post
did you install old drivers over the windows 7 drivers?

maybe not a good idea....
Depends upon the drivers of course....

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DrWho View Post
Drivers? Drivers?
I was personally amazed at how Win-7 installed on my 3yr old PC and never stumbled once over any of the hardware. It seemed to have a driver for everything and it installed everything but my printer and my external USB phone modem. (that was expected)

Win-7 (64 bit) runs like a scalded dog on my AMD dual core 5200+ processor, with my 4 gigs of DDR2, Super Talent ram. It's much peppier than my Windows XP-Pro-SP3 (32 bit).

Since getting Windows Mail to run on it, I'm pretty happy with it.

Happy Easter Mates!

Doc
Yes, drivers. The wrong ones will cripple the system in Windows 7.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Digger View Post
I only had this freakish thing happen to me ONCE. This was on 7000, as was around the very very early stages after my first install. I had set auto-restart off, still happened. Most times this is due to heat, or your psu not cranking out enough power. Could be alot of things actually. Troubleshoot, trial and error is really all i could tell you. Other than telling you that you should put your OS specs in, rather than JUST the OS you are running, or having to put it in a thread multiple times.

over and out.
Being a laptop, I'd say heat due to blocked vents and / or dust clogging the vents....

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sergiogarcia9 View Post
Thanks for the advice with the compressed air against the dust DrWho now my laptop doesnt overheat or suddenly shut down more
Gotta love air. We all need it - humans, animals, cars, trucks, and computers.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thedigitalman View Post
thanks all specially for DrWho thanks for ur advice
and about win-7 it is really amazing, I've been used all Microsoft OS from win-3.11 to win-7 now , it is really interest to have OS light, beautiful, easy to use and without all of complication like what vista is.

Happy Easter for all Christian
thedigitalman
I agree - it is the first that M$ has put out that puts function and aesthetics on an even par.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 PC suddenly turned off while I'm using it




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: PC suddenly turned off while I'm using it
Thread Forum
bitlocker turned on Hardware & Devices
Carpc turned on by itself General Discussion
Solved Computer turned off suddenly, now doesn't turn on Hardware & Devices
Print spooler suddenly turned off. General Discussion
MSE is Turned off? System Security
MSE turned off System Security
UAC. Have you turned your's off? System Security

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33