Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Cant Open my E Drive ! Help me guys..

02 Mar 2010   #1

windows 7 64bit
 
 
Cant Open my E Drive ! Help me guys..

Hi all..... I tried to partition and change sizes of each drive. Did partition with Partition Wizard Home edition 4.2. While it was partitioning E Drive my system restarted due to powerfailure. Now i Cant access E Drive . Its showing u have to format the drive to get accessed. How can i open the drive ? any source ? help me guys......

My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2010   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by reni2040 View Post
Hi all..... I tried to partition and change sizes of each drive. Did partition with Partition Wizard Home edition 4.2. While it was partitioning E Drive my system restarted due to powerfailure. Now i Cant access E Drive . Its showing u have to format the drive to get accessed. How can i open the drive ? any source ? help me guys......
Is this a sperate drive? or one partition with others on the same drive?

Can I assume you don't have a back up? Do you have a win 7 dvd available?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2010   #3

windows 7 64bit
 
 

I have four partitions with C D E F G . Am using windows 7100 build trial edition..

I dont have a back of files stored in that drive ...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


02 Mar 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Hi reni2040,

I really feel for you, I hate loosing data, the positive side is that you've been introduced to "why backups are important".

My vote here is to look for a program called Active@ File Recovery, this has always saved me in the past. I believe there's a portable version floating around the net somewhere too.

Importantly, before you recover, don't do anything else to the drive except make it active in Computer management if the option is available to you. To check this, type compmgmt.msc in RUN and press enter. Go to DISK MANAGEMENT and look for your drive. Right click on the drive for options.

Good luck!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2010   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

What is drive E: an internal drive or an external?
Either way, I'd say that file recover is needed. Try Time Stitt's suggestion, or Recuva.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Mar 2010   #6

windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TimStitt View Post
Hi reni2040,

I really feel for you, I hate loosing data, the positive side is that you've been introduced to "why backups are important".

My vote here is to look for a program called Active@ File Recovery, this has always saved me in the past. I believe there's a portable version floating around the net somewhere too.

Importantly, before you recover, don't do anything else to the drive except make it active in Computer management if the option is available to you. To check this, type compmgmt.msc in RUN and press enter. Go to DISK MANAGEMENT and look for your drive. Right click on the drive for options.

Good luck!

I tried still its showing need to format it . coz its unable to recognize the file system of the drive.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Mar 2010   #7

windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dotKuro View Post
What is drive E: an internal drive or an external?
Either way, I'd say that file recover is needed. Try Time Stitt's suggestion, or Recuva.
Its internal..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Mar 2010   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Yep.. you must recover your files or repair the partition. Honestly, most of the files should be pretty easy to recover. So download the software and get cracking
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Mar 2010   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Try the Ubuntu Live CD.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Cant Open my E Drive ! Help me guys..





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Cant Open my E Drive ! Help me guys..
Thread Forum
Cannot open Hard Drive! Hardware & Devices
Drive open problem Hardware & Devices
Can't open Dvd/Cd drive Hardware & Devices
Cannot Open DVD drive Hardware & Devices
CD Drive randomly Open Hardware & Devices
Open usb drive Hardware & Devices

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33