|15 Apr 2010||#1|
Few questions about transfering to new drives
1. Can I clone my drive using ghost, and Newegg.com - VANTEC NST-260SU-BK Aluminum 2.5" USB2.0 & eSATA External Enclosure then swap the drives and have it work.
2. Will it clone all my partitions?
3. After swapping out, can I install a hackintosh on the drive I am putting in the external enclosure (old drive) through eSATA.
|My System Specs|
|15 Apr 2010||#2|
1. If you clone the drives properly and set all of the correct parameters it should work. An easier solution would be to create a system image and use that to install Windows.
2. If you select all of the partitions then it will clone them. You may have to copy them one at a time, I'm not familiar w/ Ghost.
3. I have no idea what the parameters of Hackintosh are. I know for a fact that it requires extra drivers and whatnot because OS X only comes with a finite set of drivers and it's fairly difficult to install them. You should follow the instructions you find on the web. It is possible to boot OS X off USB 2.0.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Few questions about transfering to new drives|
|i got an SSD, need help transfering OS to new drive.||Installation & Setup|
|Help with transfering OS to SSD||Hardware & Devices|
|USB flash drives 2 questions||Hardware & Devices|
|Old e-mails not transfering to WLM||Browsers & Mail|
|Questions about SSD's and Hard Drives||Hardware & Devices|
|transfering using DOS||Music, Pictures & Video|
|Just some random questions about hard drives.||Hardware & Devices|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 AM.