You can try this, the ".exe", rename it to ".zip" and extract.
Also have you tried upgrading the driver, but choose the "browse" then "Let me pick" option, choosing another driver.
It could also be the infamous "Upper and Lower filters".
- Locate, and then click the following registry subkey:
Caution There can be many instances of the registry subkey that is mentioned in step 2. You must make sure that you are in the appropriate registry subkey before modifying the UpperFilters and the LowerFilters values. To verify that you are in the appropriate registry subkey, make sure that the Default data value is DVD/CD-ROM and the Class data value is CDROM.
- In the right pane, right-click UpperFilters, and then click Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry.
- In the right pane, right-click LowerFilters, and then click Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the removal of the LowerFilters registry entry.
- Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
After you remove the UpperFilters registry entry and the LowerFilters registry entry, you may lose functionality in certain programs such as CD recording programs. In this scenario, you must reinstall any affected programs. If the problem recurs, contact the program vendor to determine whether an update is available for the program.
The above registry procedure is courtesy of Microsoft support.