CPU fan pinout
method i'd use;
1. hook the fan(s) to the controller (it's a good idea to use one per fan)
2. clip JUST the power wires, high enough up so you can still use the wires from the board connector
3. stick a bit of heat shrink on the wires to prevent shorts, and zip tie the loose ends on the board connector to keep them tidy.
4. wire a molex connector to the red and black wires headed to the rheostat using solder and heat shrink tubing (you can use electrical tape, but the heat shrink route looks cleaner..)
5. hook board connector(s) to any spare fan headers (to allow rpm monitoring) and hook the molex plugs to the appropriate power molex