Quote: Originally Posted by BruhthaKuga
I am sure many have the same questions that I do after finishing a rig:
- What would it cost to have a pro custom build a system with the same components as my system
- What might I get for it today after one years use
- How much might I get by parting it out
I am not actually interested in selling my system as I am a lousy sales man, I cannot sell a dollar for fifteen cents. I was just curious. Of course we all know the Trill Of A Build, I probably would sell if I could get enough to knock a good chunk out of the cost of another build. You know, to get that feeling again you get when you see a large brown truck stop in front of the house, you start salivating and get all giddy. The fear just before you kick the switch the first time?
- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P
- CPU I7 920 (CO)
- CPU Cooling Intel OEM
- Memory 6GB Patriot Viper DDR3 (3 x 2GB) 1333 (PC3 10666)
- Hard Drives 32GB OCZ Vertex 1VTX30G SSD (OS)
- 80GB WD Caviar Blue WD800JD (Auxilery Drive for SSD off loading)
- 500GB 2.5" Seagate Momentus ST9500325AS (Personal Storage)
- Crucial 2.5"HDD Docking Enclosure (sata internal/USB external)
- Graphics Card MSI 4670 1GB
- Card Reader with eSata port
- PSU Antec EA 750 watt
- Case Antec P180
- OS 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate
- Mouse Logitech Optical Trackman (Tracking Ball)
- Keyboard Basic
- 2 LED 120 fans
- Samsung DVD-RW Lightscrib
If it helps you at all ... You pay for the parts...
I usually charge $75 to assemble a system,
$150 to assemble and install an OS...
In that I include 30 days of free labour on service.
For an extra $150 I will provide 1 year of free labour on service.
Outside of that I charge $40.00 per hour for general service calls.