Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: DDR4

30 Apr 2010   #1
manjunath

windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 
DDR4

I have the following questions

1-when will ddr4 memory released?
2-what will be the frequency?
3-what will be its cost?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
30 Apr 2010   #2
Lebon14

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by manjunath View Post
I have the following questions

1-when will ddr4 memory released?
2-what will be the frequency?
3-what will be its cost?
1- We don't know
2- We don't know even more
3- We don't know even even more

As far as I know, DDR4 is FAR from sight. Go and buy DDR3, don't wait for DDR4.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2010   #3
wickedout

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

DDR 3 is going to be around for a few more years at least. Dual (p-55) and Triple channel (X58) is the way to go.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Apr 2010   #4
manjunath

windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lebon14 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by manjunath View Post
I have the following questions

1-when will ddr4 memory released?
2-what will be the frequency?
3-what will be its cost?
1- We don't know
2- We don't know even more
3- We don't know even even more

As far as I know, DDR4 is FAR from sight. Go and buy DDR3, don't wait for DDR4.
I have DDR2 it cant be upgraded..will DDr4 released by 2012?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2010   #5
Airbot

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by manjunath View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lebon14 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by manjunath View Post
I have the following questions

1-when will ddr4 memory released?
2-what will be the frequency?
3-what will be its cost?
1- We don't know
2- We don't know even more
3- We don't know even even more

As far as I know, DDR4 is FAR from sight. Go and buy DDR3, don't wait for DDR4.
I have DDR2 it cant be upgraded..will DDr4 released by 2012?
What's wrong with having DDR3?

Like was mentioned, no ones knows about DDR4. There is no known official date for it's availability.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2010   #6
manjunath

windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

mu motherboard does not support.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2010   #7
Airbot

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Not sure I understand. If it doesn't support DDR3, it's likely it's not going to support DDR4.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2010   #8
manjunath

windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

i am planning to buy a new on..if is ddr4 is released by 2012 then i can wait..any chances??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2010   #9
Airbot

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Maybe, who knows. But any motherboard you buy in the near future here is likely it's not going to support DDR4 either. No one has a real answer on that for you. Sorry. If you want to upgrade, get a board that supports DDR3. There are plenty, and there's nothing wrong with DDR3.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2010   #10
manjunath

windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

can u suggest a mobo for my acer aspiree 5920.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 DDR4




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
What you need to know about DDR4 memory
Read more...
News
DDR4 RAM considerations
I don't know which to choose. Low CAS at stock speed: Adata 16GB kit Moderate CAS at OC speed: G.Skill 16GB kit Price is not a factor (within reason).
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
DDR4 Next-gen memory. Next-gen performance.
Read more at: Crucial.com - Crucial DDR4 coming soon! and DDR4 SDRAM - Micron Technology, Inc. and
News
DDR3 or DDR4
Hello guys! For a few months i am trying to chose a new laptop t o replace my old one! I was stuck between the Asus N56vz(800 ) Laptop Model ASUS N56VZ-S4242 Processor 3nd Generation Intel Core i7-3610QM, Ivy Bridge CPU Speed 2.3GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz), 6MB Cache Screen Size...
General Discussion
IHS iSuppli: Don't Hold Your Breath Waiting for DDR4
http://www.maximumpc.com/files/u69/cat_hold_breath.jpg Read more at: Maximum PC | IHS iSuppli: Don't Hold Your Breath Waiting for DDR4
News
Samsung develops DDR4 memory
Samsung develops DDR4 memory with up to 40 percent better energy efficiency than DDR3 -- Engadget
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:55.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App