I have a weird problem on 7; I have a decent system: Athlon 2 x4, 8Gb RAM, Gigabyte 4550 display card. All drivers
are up to date, same with firmware and it's an overall "clean" machine, software-wise. Trying to install a TV tuner (AverMedia) I ran into the following very weird problem: On playback I have some annoying thin horizontal stripes on the left third of the display region (see attachment). The stripes seem lagged from a few frames behind. What's even more weird, they disappear when there's processor activity, they come back when CPU is idle (<5%). I tried a number of actions:
- Disabled all power saving features; no good
- Swapped video card with NVidia; problem persists
- Swapped TV tuner with different brand/chipset; problem persists
- Tried tuner in another computer; works like a charm
- Tried to set processor affinity for TV player; doesn't help
Having taken all these steps, it appears to me to be either a software problem, probably pertaining to DShow synchronization, filters or something, or some DMA problem... I can't pinpoint this, but it's very annoying. Every other media works fine (video playback, games, Direct3D, OpenGL). Do you have any suggestion?