Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 HD display problems


30 May 2010   #1

Windows 7 x64
 
 
Windows 7 HD display problems

I've got a 9600GT and a Philips 244E 24" HD LCD display. I'm running on a Windows 7 x64bit OS. The display works fine when I use the analog input, but when I try using the HD cable, it only allows me to use a display resolution of 1280x720 and lower whereas with the analog connection i am able to utilize the full 1920x1080 capability of the display. I don't understand where the problem is. I really want to experience the best visual pleasure that my hardware is capable of. I've tried downloading the Nvidia drivers from the Nvidia homepage but it doesn't seem to have an effect. I've browsed through a few forums and most of them revolve around audio and the few that dwell on the topic of HD display problems claim that the problem lies with the Windows 7 OS, I'm really hoping that's not the case though. Any suggestions as to where the problem may and as to how i may fix it?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 May 2010   #2

 

You might want to check in the monitor settings and sure that it is not set to a 4:3 screen size instead of 16:9 or 16:10
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2010   #3

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Thanks for the reply but I really can't seem to find that option, neither on the monitor settings nor in the control panel of the pc.. Any clue as to where I can find it? Any other suggestions as to where the problem may lie?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


30 May 2010   #4

 

Wait, I mislook you are using Nvdia. Try accessing NVDIA control panel and go to display,change screen resolution. Check if you resolution available in there. If it's not available,you can add your resolution .Just click on Add resolution
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2010   #5

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

Just to clairfy something when you use the DVI out on your card or are you refering to HDMI out? Also make sure you have installed your LCd driver if it came with a disc. Philips is a rather daunting site to navigate.
Sometimes you need the driver to get use of all your resolutions. If you could link use to the support page it would help.
Also in Nview, in control panel you should seee all the options to change your resolutions.
One more thing in device manager is your LCD listed or is it listed as PNP? Thanks. Fabe kucing13 best me to the Nview i was searching Philips.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2010   #6

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kucing13 View Post
Wait, I mislook you are using Nvidia. Try accessing NVDIA control panel and go to display,change screen resolution. Check if you resolution available in there. If it's not available,you can add your resolution .Just click on Add resolution
I can't believe i didn't think of that! I have a new problem though. The last time I confronted this issue was about 2 months ago. I hadn't installed the NVIDIA drivers yet so I was running the system using the standard Windows 7 drivers. At that point, with the HDMI connection, I was only capable of the low resolutions as explained before, but now, when I try the HDMI connection, the monitor says no video input. The only thing I have change since then was installing newer graphics drivers which are now about a month old. I still have the installation file and I'm not sure if the drivers have anything to do with the problem, but I'm really open to any suggestions at this point in time. I apologize for the forgetting to point that out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2010   #7

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thefabe View Post
Just to clairfy something when you use the DVI out on your card or are you refering to HDMI out? Also make sure you have installed your LCd driver if it came with a disc. Philips is a rather daunting site to navigate.
Sometimes you need the driver to get use of all your resolutions. If you could link use to the support page it would help.
Also in Nview, in control panel you should seee all the options to change your resolutions.
One more thing in device manager is your LCD listed or is it listed as PNP? Thanks. Fabe kucing13 best me to the Nview i was searching Philips.
Forgive my ambiguity. Yes, I am referring to the HDMI out. I have installed all the drivers that came with the hardware and even tried searching for updated ones on the net, and as you mentioned, it was a mission. When you say i should link the support page, are you referring to the a link that I'd find in the manual? Before installing the Nvidia drivers, my system picked up the LCD as a non-PNP device, which is why, when the LCD hadn't made an effect, I tried searching for drivers on the net. As mentioned in my post before this, directed at kucing13, after installing the NVIDIA drivers, my system doesn't seem to pick up the device at all. I really have no clue as what to do, any help would be greatly appreciated
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2010   #8

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Pro 64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pungdinho View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kucing13 View Post
Wait, I mislook you are using Nvidia. Try accessing NVDIA control panel and go to display,change screen resolution. Check if you resolution available in there. If it's not available,you can add your resolution .Just click on Add resolution
I can't believe i didn't think of that! I have a new problem though. The last time I confronted this issue was about 2 months ago. I hadn't installed the NVIDIA drivers yet so I was running the system using the standard Windows 7 drivers. At that point, with the HDMI connection, I was only capable of the low resolutions as explained before, but now, when I try the HDMI connection, the monitor says no video input. The only thing I have change since then was installing newer graphics drivers which are now about a month old. I still have the installation file and I'm not sure if the drivers have anything to do with the problem, but I'm really open to any suggestions at this point in time. I apologize for the forgetting to point that out.
Has it ever worked with this connection, The HDMI? Have you tried a different cable?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2010   #9
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Unless you absolutely have to have audio through the speakers on the monitor, the easiest solution would be to use a DVI cable instead of HDMI. Both are digital and with the exception of audio over HDMI are the same spec-wise.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2010   #10

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pungdinho View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kucing13 View Post
Wait, I mislook you are using Nvidia. Try accessing NVDIA control panel and go to display,change screen resolution. Check if you resolution available in there. If it's not available,you can add your resolution .Just click on Add resolution
I can't believe i didn't think of that! I have a new problem though. The last time I confronted this issue was about 2 months ago. I hadn't installed the NVIDIA drivers yet so I was running the system using the standard Windows 7 drivers. At that point, with the HDMI connection, I was only capable of the low resolutions as explained before, but now, when I try the HDMI connection, the monitor says no video input. The only thing I have change since then was installing newer graphics drivers which are now about a month old. I still have the installation file and I'm not sure if the drivers have anything to do with the problem, but I'm really open to any suggestions at this point in time. I apologize for the forgetting to point that out.
Has it ever worked with this connection, The HDMI? Have you tried a different cable?
Not the way it should, or the way I expect it to. Before Installing any custom drivers, it picked up the LCD as a non-pnp when using the HDMI connection. So it worked but only at low resolutions, which was pretty pointless as the VGA was performing better than the HDMI. As mentioned before, the system picks it up as it should with the analog connection. I only have one HDMI cable. I opted for a 5m cable for convenience, don't know if that could be a problem. Doubt they'd design a cable without compensating for attenuation. Are u suggesting the fault could lie with the cable itself?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 HD display problems




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33