I recently upgraded my machine and I am experiencing issues.
* Scanning with an anti-virus (multiple tried) crashes the Windows AntiMalware Service
* Surfing the web results in Aw Snap pages on Chrome, and crashes on Mozilla Firefox and Opera
This has all repeatedly happened on clean installs of Windows 7 x64, Windows 7 x86, and Windows XP x86
Here are the specs of my machine: Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-770TA-UD3 AM3 AMD 770 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
<--- The new mobo I just purchased and installed Newegg.com - A-DATA 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model AD3U1333B2G9-DRH
<--- The new RAM I just purchased and installed Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor
<--- The new CPU I just purchased and installed Newegg.com - OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS 600W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready Active PFC Power Supply
<--- The new PSU I just purchased and installed
Other than that, I have:
- ATI Radeon HD 5670, with 1 GB of DDR5 RAM;
- 3 Hard Disks: One Hitachi 250GB, one Hitachi 500GB, one WD 500GB (note: I used 2 different drives for installations, had the error on both. One drive is a Media drive)
- 1 RALink RT61 Turbo Wireless NIC
I think that's my main components. I ran memtest86 on the RAM, and it passed. I was wondering if anyone had ideas as to what this could be caused by. A virus on my media drive makes sense based on what is crashing, but I never had these problems on my old Windows 7 x86 install with the old components. If I forgot a crucial piece of info, please tell me.
Thanks for the insight. I'm really stumped here.