Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: quickplay won't work?

10 Jun 2010   #1

Windows 7
 
 
quickplay won't work?

Hello, i own a hp dv2500, i really installed windows 7 and now my quickplay buttons wont work? they are lit up, but won't work? what do i need to download to fix this problem? is it a driver issue? thanks for the help guys

jps

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Jun 2010   #2

7 Ultimate 64 bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by justinps View Post
Hello, i own a hp dv2500, i really installed windows 7 and now my quickplay buttons wont work? they are lit up, but won't work? what do i need to download to fix this problem? is it a driver issue? thanks for the help guys

jps
If it is a driver issues, you can try using Driver Easy - Auto Detect, Download & Backup Drivers. Or you can go to the website of the company that built your system and get the drivers that way. However, I like using DriverEasy because it can help you update a lot of stuff on your PC.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2010   #3

Windows 7
 
 

so this program will automatically detect what drivers i need to update? that's pretty sick haha
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


10 Jun 2010   #4

7 Ultimate 64 bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by justinps View Post
so this program will automatically detect what drivers i need to update? that's pretty sick haha
Yes it will do that. I have had excellent results with it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2010   #5

Windows 7
 
 

okay so it told me i needed the quickplay drivers, i downloaded them and restarted and it still didn't work. is there something i have to press or turn on for them to work? thanks again!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2010   #6

7 Ultimate 64 bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by justinps View Post
okay so it told me i needed the quickplay drivers, i downloaded them and restarted and it still didn't work. is there something i have to press or turn on for them to work? thanks again!
Any further advice I give you is a guess, but why not try seeing if you need to add the program to the PC's start up. Also, you can try running the program to at least test if the thing works. If it does work, maybe you just need to make sure it auto starts when you boot your computer. Then, at least, you wont need to run the program manually each time you want to use those buttons. Still, this is just an educated guess.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2010   #7

Windows 7
 
 

Sorry this might sound dumb....but run what program at the start up? lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2010   #8

7 Ultimate 64 bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by justinps View Post
Sorry this might sound dumb....but run what program at the start up? lol
not dumb at all haha, I am newb here too! I guess it would probably not give you a "program" to run because it is a driver update. But you could try search your start menu for anything that resembles the driver you downloaded. If it has an actual program associated with it, and it probably does not, then you can try running it. Other than that, I am not sure what else to tell you and I would say wait till a more experienced user can help you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2010   #9

Windows 7
 
 

Cool, thanks for all your help man i appreciate it. I'm bad when it comes to the whole driver thing, you definitely helped me out with that driver locating program.

thanks again!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2010   #10

7 Ultimate 64 bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by justinps View Post
Cool, thanks for all your help man i appreciate it. I'm bad when it comes to the whole driver thing, you definitely helped me out with that driver locating program.

thanks again!
my pleasure and good luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 quickplay won't work?





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: quickplay won't work?
Thread Forum
LIBusb, USB ports doesn't work. Safe mode also no work Drivers
HP QuickPlay buttons Drivers
quickplay Drivers
Zune QuickPlay for Win7 Themes and Styles
HP dv6660se Quickplay Media Center
Help with HP Quickplay keys Hardware & Devices
HP QuickPlay and built-in Webcam Software

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33