Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Web cam problem :(

16 Jun 2010   #1
aleksito

 
 
Web cam problem :(

Hi everyone.
Something is wrong with my webcam.
Windows 7 instaled web cam driver automaticly, its showing that instalation was sucessfull, but My PC cant find web cam. Its not working. I dont know what to do.
My laptop model ''PLAN''
OS - Windows 7

HELP ME PLEAE


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Jun 2010   #2
Win7User512

Windows 7 x64 / Same
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by aleksito View Post
Hi everyone.
Something is wrong with my webcam.
Windows 7 instaled web cam driver automaticly, its showing that instalation was sucessfull, but My PC cant find web cam. Its not working. I dont know what to do.
My laptop model ''PLAN''
OS - Windows 7

HELP ME PLEAE
You could try the manufacturer's website for the driver. They may have the correct/updated one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2010   #3
osholt

Windows 7 Profesional x86, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
 
 

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Drivers automatically downloaded and installed off Windows update should not be relied on.

They often are incomplete, faulty or buggy.

Always use the software provided with your hardware or the appropriate download from the manufacturers website (in the case of Microsoft Windows Update can count as their website but for no other brands, I would still advise against relying on it).

Please can you tell us the make and model of your webcam so we can point you to an appropriate driver download, also please feel free to use the drivers provided on the CD that came with your webcam for now there is a high likely hood that they are outdated though.

Also, to help us out on the forums please fill in your System Specs under User CP.

If you have any questions just ask.

Post back with any success.

Oli
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Jun 2010   #4
aleksito

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by osholt View Post
Hi and welcome to the forums.

Drivers automatically downloaded and installed off Windows update should not be relied on.

They often are incomplete, faulty or buggy.

Always use the software provided with your hardware or the appropriate download from the manufacturers website (in the case of Microsoft Windows Update can count as their website but for no other brands, I would still advise against relying on it).

Please can you tell us the make and model of your webcam so we can point you to an appropriate driver download, also please feel free to use the drivers provided on the CD that came with your webcam for now there is a high likely hood that they are outdated though.

Also, to help us out on the forums please fill in your System Specs under User CP.

If you have any questions just ask.

Post back with any success.

Oli
I have laptop, and my webcam is build in. I really dont know what webcam driver I need. Windows 7 instaled me this - webcam 2.0 driver.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2010   #5
osholt

Windows 7 Profesional x86, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
 
 

Could you please thoroughly fill out your System Specs for us using Speccy.

I will try and find the appropriate driver for your webcam from this information.

Oli
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2010   #6
aleksito

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by osholt View Post
Could you please thoroughly fill out your System Specs for us using Speccy.

I will try and find the appropriate driver for your webcam from this information.

Oli
Okay, just a moment
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2010   #7
aleksito

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by osholt View Post
Could you please thoroughly fill out your System Specs for us using Speccy.

I will try and find the appropriate driver for your webcam from this information.

Oli
http://www.sevenforums.com/attachmen...1&d=1276708305 <- here it is
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2010   #8
osholt

Windows 7 Profesional x86, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by aleksito View Post
It doesn't appeared to have worked, I just get 404 error message stating the page doesn't exist.

If you are having trouble entering your system Specs in User CP then a screenshot will suffice.

You can do this by opening the start menu and searching Snipping tool (or in Lithuanian: snipping rīks, according to Google Translate) and hitting enter.

Take a screenshot of the Speccy overview Window please so that all the information is visible.

Oli
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2010   #9
aleksito

 
 

I cant add, the picture. I just did, and it disapeared.
I will try again :/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2010   #10
aleksito

 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Web cam problem :(




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Computer is crashing.Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
Hi, My computer, Dell optiplex 760 Windows 7 Professional 32-bit, is crashing. The crashes often happen when i'm playing this game, League of legends, but it also crashes at random points while on a social media or gaming websites. How to fix? Help please.
BSOD Help and Support
Blurry Text problem, EDID and registry editing problem on an AMD card.
EDIT:I have found a solution, using a DVI to HDMI cable on an amd card will fix this problem, this thread can now die, hopefully someone else will find it if they have this problem. Basically, i know what the problem is, but not how to rectify it. My tv (Sceptre X235BV-FHD, a rebranded sony...
Graphic Cards
problem event name startup repair offline - slightly different problem
Hi, Hoping somebody can help with this problem which despite trawling through these very helpful forums & tutorials, I have been unable to resolve. I have tried to include all the information possible although I am relatively new to this field so my terminology is probably not completely...
General Discussion
Laptop Windows 7 Problem/Software/Hardware? Keyboard problem
Okay, right now I'm currently trying to find out whats wrong with a keyboard that is on a laptop, after the computer starts there are some script errors, I don't know exactly what they are but I ran combo fix without safe mode and restarted the scripts went away...and it started working after...
Hardware & Devices
Moving windows/icons down problem!! Move right/left/up - no problem
New system i7 3930K CPU Sabertooth X79 Mortherboard GeForce GTX690 GPU Intel 520 series SSD 32GB RAM Dell U2711 27" Monitor Win 7 Pro
General Discussion
Problem Reports and Solutions - Change Problem Reporting Settings
How to Change "Problem Reporting Settings" in Windows 7 and Windows 8 Sending problem reports to Microsoft helps Windows 7 and Windows 8 to check and identify problems and notify you about any found solutions. This tutorial will show you how to change the Problem Reporting Settings in...
Tutorials


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:15.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App