To resolve this problem, restart your computer.
If the problem persists, start the computer by using the Windows CD or by using an emergency startup disk, and then delete the Hiberfil.sys file. To do this, follow these steps:
- Insert your Windows XP CD-ROM into the computer's CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive, and then restart your computer from the CD-ROM. Note Some computers may require that you modify the basic input/output system (BIOS) settings before you can start the computer from a CD-ROM. For information about how to modify BIOS, see your computer documentation.
- When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start Recovery Console.
- If your computer is configured for dual booting or multiple booting, select the relevant Windows XP installation.
- When you are prompted to do so, type the administrator password, and then press ENTER. Note By default, the administrator password is blank in Windows XP Home Edition.
- By default, Hiberfil.sys is typically located in the root directory (C:\). At the command prompt, type del hiberfil.sys, and then press ENTER.
- Restart the computer.