Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Ummm....


24 Sep 2010   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit
 
 
Ummm....

Ok, i know this is a dumb idea because i am on a windows 7 forums asking to help me how to install a snow leopard on my laptop. I just thought i try it out because i always judged it without trying it. I am still a loyal Windows 7 fan, so i thought maybe i can dual boot it. I tried googling it and looking on youtube but i am still skeptikal about it. I get confused on what to do and what to look for. I want to dual boot my laptop with Windows 7 and Mac OS X Snow Leopard. Maybe someone would be kindly enough to help out with that? I apologize if this topic is considered a off topic thing or since its not related to windows. I would really appreciate it if someone can help me.

But first, i like to know if my laptop and specs are compatible with Snow Leopard.
Then second, i would continue from there after the first.
1 BAby step after another so i can understand.

Also, is there a risk on doing this? I mean, i seen lots of netbooks on youtube that has mac os x snow leopard on it. So i thought if a netbook can, my laptop can too

Thanks advance.

EDIT-Oh, and i dont want to install it via VMware. I just want a dual boot with snow leopard and Windows 7.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Sep 2010   #2

Windows 7 Professional (x64/SP1) /Linux Mint 16
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brian6121990 View Post
Ok, i know this is a dumb idea because i am on a windows 7 forums asking to help me how to install a snow leopard on my laptop. I just thought i try it out because i always judged it without trying it. I am still a loyal Windows 7 fan, so i thought maybe i can dual boot it. I tried googling it and looking on youtube but i am still skeptikal about it. I get confused on what to do and what to look for. I want to dual boot my laptop with Windows 7 and Mac OS X Snow Leopard. Maybe someone would be kindly enough to help out with that? I apologize if this topic is considered a off topic thing or since its not related to windows. I would really appreciate it if someone can help me.

But first, i like to know if my laptop and specs are compatible with Snow Leopard.
Then second, i would continue from there after the first.

Also, is there a risk on doing this? I mean, i seen lots of netbooks on youtube that has mac os x snow leopard on it. So i thought if a netbook can, my laptop can too

Thanks advance.
You can but not with that AMD cpu, its not recommended. I have had Mac OSX 10.5.8 on a Phenom just with issues like browser failure but if you want to risk loosing some data have a go but I strongly recommend you don't with your cpu, I struggled. Works best on Intel I5 & I7.

Hope this helps and the OS for Mac on non-mac hardware is called 'OSx86'

OSx86
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Sep 2010   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Prof Kerfuffle View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brian6121990 View Post
Ok, i know this is a dumb idea because i am on a windows 7 forums asking to help me how to install a snow leopard on my laptop. I just thought i try it out because i always judged it without trying it. I am still a loyal Windows 7 fan, so i thought maybe i can dual boot it. I tried googling it and looking on youtube but i am still skeptikal about it. I get confused on what to do and what to look for. I want to dual boot my laptop with Windows 7 and Mac OS X Snow Leopard. Maybe someone would be kindly enough to help out with that? I apologize if this topic is considered a off topic thing or since its not related to windows. I would really appreciate it if someone can help me.

But first, i like to know if my laptop and specs are compatible with Snow Leopard.
Then second, i would continue from there after the first.

Also, is there a risk on doing this? I mean, i seen lots of netbooks on youtube that has mac os x snow leopard on it. So i thought if a netbook can, my laptop can too

Thanks advance.
You can but not with that AMD cpu, its too old. I have had Mac OSX 10.5.8 on a Phenom just with issue like browser failure but if you want to risk loosing some data have a go but I strongly recommend you don't with your cpu, I struggled. Works best on Intel I5 & I7.

Hope this helps and the OS for Mac on non-mac hardware is called 'OSx86'

OSx86
I know its old but its not that old...is it? I mean, before the i3/i5/i7 came out, these were ok?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Sep 2010   #4

Windows 7 Professional (x64/SP1) /Linux Mint 16
 
 

If your CPU is on the recommended list try it but you will have issues with hardware and Windows is better for your laptop. Not worth it. You can run it in a virtual machine at decent speeds.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Sep 2010   #5
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brian6121990 View Post



I know its old but its not that old...is it? I mean, before the i3/i5/i7 came out, these were ok?


He's not saying it's old just incompatible.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Sep 2010   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Prof Kerfuffle View Post
If your CPU is on the recommended list try it but you will have issues with hardware and Windows is better for your laptop. Not worth it. You can run it in a virtual machine at decent speeds.
Ok. Well, i guess its time to get a new laptop then lol. I plan to get an HP laptop with a good design with at least i3 processor. By the way, what cpu would you compare an i3 to? Is the i3 better than the processor than mine?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Sep 2010   #7

Windows 7 Enterprise x64 SP1
 
 

If you still want to try dual booting 7 with os x, take a look at this thread. How to Dual Boot Windows 7 and Mac OSX
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Sep 2010   #8

Windows 7 Professional (x64/SP1) /Linux Mint 16
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brian6121990 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Prof Kerfuffle View Post
If your CPU is on the recommended list try it but you will have issues with hardware and Windows is better for your laptop. Not worth it. You can run it in a virtual machine at decent speeds.
Ok. Well, i guess its time to get a new laptop then lol. I plan to get an HP laptop with a good design with at least i3 processor. By the way, what cpu would you compare an i3 to? Is the i3 better than the processor than mine?
I3 on a laptop wouldn't be faster than my Phenom II X550 BE but I3 on desktop is the equivalent of a Phenom II X2. Do understand that its not your cpu frequency that is the issue its the brand, AMD are not officially supported by Apple but Intel are so hardware is easy to work with. But it will be better than you laptop cpu yes miles better.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Sep 2010   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Prof Kerfuffle View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brian6121990 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Prof Kerfuffle View Post
If your CPU is on the recommended list try it but you will have issues with hardware and Windows is better for your laptop. Not worth it. You can run it in a virtual machine at decent speeds.
Ok. Well, i guess its time to get a new laptop then lol. I plan to get an HP laptop with a good design with at least i3 processor. By the way, what cpu would you compare an i3 to? Is the i3 better than the processor than mine?
I3 on a laptop wouldn't be faster than my Phenom II X550 BE but I3 on desktop is the equivalent of a Phenom II X2. Do understand that its not your cpu frequency that is the issue its the brand, AMD are not officially supported by Apple but Intel are so hardware is easy to work with. But it will be better than you laptop cpu yes miles better.
I noticed that i3 can be dual core....I thought i3 are just desktop processors but laptops too? Looks like i picked a better time to be alive lol. I wanna get a hp like this
Amazon.com: HP G62-140US 15.6-Inch Laptop (Bronze): Gateway
It looks liek a mac but even better. I always wanted a laptop that is flat and not curvy or having ugly designs. And hp has done the job. Only thing is, i need a job hahaha
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Sep 2010   #10

Windows 7 Professional (x64/SP1) /Linux Mint 16
 
 

Looks good and nice design. But you could have a pc twice the speed at the same price. Why do you want a laptop?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Ummm....




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Ummm....
Thread Forum
Installing W7 Ultimate upgrade over ummm... W7 Ultimate Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33