Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Is it possible to remove flopy disk icon

26 Sep 2010   #1
saf79

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 
Is it possible to remove flopy disk icon

Hi all,

Is it possible to remove floopy disk 3 1/2 inch icon in Computer ->Device with removable storage.....




Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
26 Sep 2010   #2
fireberd

Windows 7/10 64 bit
 
 

If you disable the floppy disk drive in the BIOS then Windows will not detect it. That should remove it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2010   #3
saf79

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
If you disable the floppy disk drive in the BIOS then Windows will not detect it. That should remove it.
How to do it any tutorial for this??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Sep 2010   #4
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Sure.. just unplug the power cord from the back of the floppy drive.. problem solved..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2010   #5
saf79

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
Sure.. just unplug the power cord from the back of the floppy drive.. problem solved..
there is no floppy drive installed....how to unplug it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2010   #6
Prof Kerfuffle

Windows 7 Professional (x64/SP1) /Linux Mint 16
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by saf79 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
Sure.. just unplug the power cord from the back of the floppy drive.. problem solved..
there is no floppy drive installed....how to unplug it
What people are saying is your motherboard has floppy disk enabled and windows detects it even if you don't have a floppy disk drive installed it is there. Some people still use it and it must be supported so that is why its there

What motherboard do you have?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2010   #7
saf79

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Prof Kerfuffle View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by saf79 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
Sure.. just unplug the power cord from the back of the floppy drive.. problem solved..
there is no floppy drive installed....how to unplug it
What people are saying is your motherboard has floppy disk enabled and windows detects it even if you don't have a floppy disk drive installed it is there. Some people still use it and it must be supported so that is why its there

What motherboard do you have?
Gigabyte GA- H55M -USB3..is tis a good mobo?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2010   #8
Prof Kerfuffle

Windows 7 Professional (x64/SP1) /Linux Mint 16
 
 



Thats what you want disabled "floppy seek", go into the bios (should be delete and look for the boot options) Its different to my motherboard (the image is not my bios)

It is floppy seek, you don't want your computer to search for it.

And yes its is a good mb, better than mine, my mb is cheap.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2010   #9
saf79

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Prof Kerfuffle View Post


Thats what you want disabled "floppy seek", go into the bios (should be delete and look for the boot options) Its different to my motherboard (the image is not my bios)

It is floppy seek, you don't want your computer to search for it.

And yes its is a good mb, better than mine, my mb is cheap.
thanks for the help appreciate it a lot
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2010   #10
Prof Kerfuffle

Windows 7 Professional (x64/SP1) /Linux Mint 16
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by saf79 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Prof Kerfuffle View Post


Thats what you want disabled "floppy seek", go into the bios (should be delete and look for the boot options) Its different to my motherboard (the image is not my bios)

It is floppy seek, you don't want your computer to search for it.

And yes its is a good mb, better than mine, my mb is cheap.
thanks for the help appreciate it a lot
So its fixed?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Is it possible to remove flopy disk icon




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Remove -Windows application icon- on top of the software icon
Hello, every program shortcut on my desktop appears with the Windows application icon on top of it and this is very annoying. I've searched quite thoroughly but haven't found any solutions yet. Any help would be appreciated, thank you. Kindly, Vassilis PS: The look of the attachments...
Customization
Installing windows 7 from disk then ask me to remove disk
Basically my xp was riddled with viruses so much so that I couldn't get it to boot without crashing so I tried installing Ubuntu but exited out before it could work essentially erasing my computer of any OS so now it gives me a "NTLDR is missing" error. Eventually I bought windows 7, booted from CD...
Installation & Setup
Cannot Remove an Icon From Desktop
The icon is for a weather report for my area. Cannot remove, delete or rename it. W7 says it doesn't exist! Help.
General Discussion
Devices with removable storage,how to remove flopy DD
Hey guys:) I have a question, is it possible to remove floppy disk drive from view in explorer? I don't have floppy, so I don't want to have it there. Thanks
Hardware & Devices
Remove "Safely Remove Hardware" Icon
Does anyone know how to remove the "safely remove hardware" icon in the taskbar? I do not mean hide it. I have my icons always show in the notification area because I don't like the arrow icon either. Any ideas? Thanks.
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:28.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App