I previously had vista installed an upgraded to windows 7 didn't think twice for some reason to check where it was be downloaded and it went to the d: drive (recovery drive) then had to reload microsoft office and it also want to go to this same drive an ultimately ran out of room and now i'm at a loss as to what to do. Should i wipe out everything and start over and do this in the c drive? any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. thank you.
Also when i boot up my computer its giving me the option to start up in windows 7 or vista. how do i get rid of vista?
I think i figured out what BFK was asking for in the picture you were asking of. Sorry i'm not as aware of things as i thought i was, lol... thank you for walking me through this. My questions are this.
1) Should i leave Windows 7 in the D: Drive (recovery drive)
2) if i shouldn't then how do i get it off there? and onto the c drive?
3) how do i get vista off there after i get windows 7 on the right drive?
4) if i do leave windows 7 in the D drive i saw through looking through others posting a way to re-route the registry for things to be downloaded into the c drive, is this a good idea? I plan to have an external hard drive back up it all up.
5) if i have an external hard drive someone then said i could remove everything but this doesn't make sense to me because don't use need the programs to make things work... or was this statement meant to say you can remove all your files (i.e. your games, music, documents, etc.... which i had to remove already to back up before i downloaded windows 7 because i was gonna lose them) or am i miss understanding something?
is the D: drive being so full gonna slow down the computer any or is really just meant to back up my computer in case it crashes?
7) i will be doing this whole process on my laptop... when i do so which is the appropriate drive i should have windows 7 orginally installed in?
Thanks for any help.