|27 Dec 2010||#1|
| || |
Need help with clean install onto tablet laptop
If I have a tablet laptop that has numerous important drivers/programs, how can I ensure that I can get them all if I start from a clean install from a copy of Windows 7 DVD that I get my hands on?
The important stuff include:
1. touchscreen program or driver (not sure which it is)
2. touchscreen pen calibration program or driver (not sure which it is)
3. pen-flicking capabilities (not sure where it comes from)
4. hand-writing calibration program or driver (not sure which it is. found it under Accessories)
5. shock protection program or driver (not sure which it is)
6. the display manager (not sure whether this is a driver or program... my touchscreen can be rotated and when it is rotated, the view changes)
7. the program or driver that allows me to switch the view when I do a powerpoint presentation... (is that a program or a driver? i have a key on the keyboard that allows me to do so if I press it and press "fn")
8. webcam program or driver (not sure which it is)
9. Bluetooth (found under Accessories of the tablet. I don't see this on my clean installed desktop)
10. fingerprint recognition program (for the fingerprint onboard device)
11. battery information program or driver (not sure which it is)
12. battery saving program or driver (not sure which it is)
13. DVD and CD burning program
14. touchpad program or driver (it's a driver right?)
15. Recovery DVD software (it should be a software. it is by the PC manufacturer.
Do you know which of them are drivers and which of them are programs?
There are some pre-installed programs that I am fond of. However, I only have Recovery DVDs, not the installation discs or exe files. What can I do to get these programs? Is it possible to extract them from the Recovery DVDs?
|My System Specs|
|27 Dec 2010||#2|
| || |
Run the Windows 7 Upgrade advisor which will tip you to drivers that may be needed or apps which might be incompatible: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...e-advisor.aspx
Go to the maker's Support Downloads webpage for your tablet model. Either download the latest drivers to stick or CD, or bookmark the page.
The Windows 7 installer is driver-complete with newer arriving quickly via optional Windows Updates so check there first. Turn this on as well: Automatically get recommended drivers and updates for your hardware
Then if there are any missing drivers in Device Manager, import them from the Support Downloads webpage you backed up.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Need help with clean install onto tablet laptop|
|New laptop - Clean install? Or use some of the bundled software?||General Discussion|
|Help with clean Win 7 Pro install on HP laptop requested||Installation & Setup|
|Clean install win7pro64 from win7hp64 laptop w/ key||Installation & Setup|
|clean install of windows 7 on HP laptop||Installation & Setup|
|Clean Install on New Laptop||Installation & Setup|
|Laptop Clean Install||Installation & Setup|
|Doing a clean install on a new laptop? Acer 1410||Installation & Setup|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 PM.