let me first say this forum is great and filled with very nice and quite competent administrators and contributors.
as the post title states, i have the black screen blinking cursor midway through my fresh windows 7 install. I am attempting to install on a fresh OCZ 30GB SSD.
things i have already tried based on this forums suggestions:
- i have prepared the ssd as instructed by the "How to Optimize an SSD / HDD When You're Ready to Reinstall the Operating System" post. (nice write-up btw)
- i have attempted to install both from a usb stick and from the install dvd and also tried with a completely different Windows 7 ISO from usb and dvd, to no avail
- i have tried multiple bootsect and bootrec commands
- i have several boot cds including hirens boot cd, UBCD-ultimate boot cd and partition wizard bootable cd
- i have also updated my bios (after several failed install attempts) and run mostly-default settings including no mempry or cpu over-clocks.
- the SSD is the only hard drive hooked up to the system and EVERYTHING unnecessary is unplugged
- i have ran the repair startup 3 times (with reboots) and did not help, showing error 0x0 over and over again inside the diagnostic details
I have already had a successful Windows 7 install on this drive before and screwed it up with a windows cr@ck/lo@der and simply went to do a fresh reinstall and now i get the black screen blinking cursor EVERY TIME.
if anyone has any unique suggestions i would be VERY THANKFUL for any advice offered, as i have worked on this for a combine 8-10 hours and am going crazy
EDIT: figured out the problem while designing this post - i use an lcd for a monitor and that ws the issue. installed 7 with computer monitor, switched back to my lcd, no further issues.
PS: there should be a sticky for all the ways to fix the mysterious black screen blinking cursor problem, since it is so wide-spread and i myself did literally try about 20 other ways and spend at least 12+ hours working on such a SIMPLE fix. just my 2 cents.