I need help deleting a copy of Windows 7 Professional from what is now my E Drive. When I try and delete that copy, it tells me I need to be to be an administrator and will not proceed.
- I upgraded my son's system from an IDE drive to an Intel SSD. I unhooked the old IDE and did a fresh install of Win 7 Home Premium, with updates, on the SSD with no issues.
- I then plugged in the old drive, deleted the Windows.Old and then tried to delete the Windows directory with no luck (Windows 7 Professional).
- I went into command prompt and set the properties to administrator with no luck.
- I used explorer, went into the folder and again set the properties to administrator with no luck.
- I then set the "User" as administrator an gave full control to the "User" with no luck.
I'm out of ideas folks. I know there must be something super easy I'm missing but for the life of me I don't know what it could be. Can anyone instruct me on how to get rid of this folder? TIA.