Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Need Help ASAP (Win7 64 Bit Install)

03 Jul 2009   #1
RJBrown

XP
 
 
Need Help ASAP (Win7 64 Bit Install)

Ok guys Ive spent the last 4 hours trying to get Windows 7 RC to install. I have burned it 4 different times using 4 different programs. I have followed online tutorials on how to burn the ISO and everything. I can not get this thing to load on my new pc. The PC boots fine I changed boot priority to boot only from the DVD Drive and then I tried DVD Drive 1st and HDD 2nd. The disk spins then eventually just stops. There is a little white line that blinks in the top left corner the whole time.

Something I did notice was the download did NOT say ISO at then end, in stead it said .dlm I thought that was pretty weird since it was supposed to be a ISO file. Is this a problem or what?


Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!!!


Thanks!!!!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Jul 2009   #2
johngalt

 

DLM is a Download manager file - you haven't finished downloading the actual ISO yet.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2009   #3
RJBrown

XP
 
 

It said finished.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


03 Jul 2009   #4
johngalt

 

Until the file says .ISO at the end it is not finished - you have to realize that that is a 3 GB sized file - after it finishes it has to assemble all the parts into the ISO.

Right now, all you've managed to do is create 4 discs (most of which will look like a disc with one file, that .DLM file, in it.)

Start the DL and it should continue where it left off - recombining all the parts into the final ISO.

If it never finishes making the ISO, you'll need to re-download it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2009   #5
RJBrown

XP
 
 

Well we finished downloading it again. It still shows DML at the end. When I open it in MagicISO it does show all kinds of folders and an exe file and stuff.

Is this fully downloaded? Or what?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2009   #6
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 
help

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RJBrown View Post
Ok guys Ive spent the last 4 hours trying to get Windows 7 RC to install. I have burned it 4 different times using 4 different programs. I have followed online tutorials on how to burn the ISO and everything. I can not get this thing to load on my new pc. The PC boots fine I changed boot priority to boot only from the DVD Drive and then I tried DVD Drive 1st and HDD 2nd. The disk spins then eventually just stops. There is a little white line that blinks in the top left corner the whole time.

Something I did notice was the download did NOT say ISO at then end, in stead it said .dlm I thought that was pretty weird since it was supposed to be a ISO file. Is this a problem or what?


Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Thanks!!!!
It could be did you get the download from a reliable source? what build is it?

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2009   #7
dargains

 
 
same with me

Hey guys
I'm having a very similar problem.
I've downloaded win7 RC x64 from microsoft site, and I have a .iso file. Then I burned it into a dvd, opened still in Vista x86 (since it's x86, I have to do a clean install) and checked all the files in it. All seems ok.
I reseted my HP pavillion dv5 and changed boot priority to dvd first, but when it boots with the win7 RC, only the blinking trace in the upper left corner of the screen appears, then it proceeds to the Vista load screen.
I tried to boot other dvd's, and the x86 Vista and an Ubuntu booted perfectly.

Does anyone have a clue on what may be happening?
Thanks in advance
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jul 2009   #8
WiFi Ed

Windows 7 Enterprise x64 SP1, Ubuntu 11.04 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dargains View Post
Hey guys
I'm having a very similar problem.
I've downloaded win7 RC x64 from microsoft site, and I have a .iso file. Then I burned it into a dvd, opened still in Vista x86 (since it's x86, I have to do a clean install) and checked all the files in it. All seems ok.
I reseted my HP pavillion dv5 and changed boot priority to dvd first, but when it boots with the win7 RC, only the blinking trace in the upper left corner of the screen appears, then it proceeds to the Vista load screen.
I tried to boot other dvd's, and the x86 Vista and an Ubuntu booted perfectly.

Does anyone have a clue on what may be happening?
Thanks in advance
Did you just copy the .iso file to the dvd or did you burn an "image"? The .iso file must be written as an image to the DVD to work.


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jul 2009   #9
dargains

 
 

Quote:
Did you just copy the .iso file to the dvd or did you burn an "image"? The .iso file must be written as an image to the DVD to work.
Thanks for the reply

I burned the .iso using PowerISO. The dvd has the typical boot dvd folders and files(boot, efi, setup.exe, etc).
The Ubuntu cd I mentioned was burned after I tried to install win7, and it worked. I created both exacly the same way.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jul 2009   #10
Hozer

Windows Xp
 
 

Same problem also and i tried this both with dvd and usb stick.

The dvd i burned with IMGBURN as recommended here on the boards onto two dvd's, and the usb stick i set up around 4 times now and im still unsuccessful.

Now the thing that is surprising is that i used the same usb stick to install windows 7 on my laptop a week ago and worked like a charm, the reason i am reinstalling it is because my xp copy was old and taking up alot of hd space so i decided to format my hd and instal a fresh copy of both.

Today i formatted my hd installed a fresh copy of xp sp3, used paragon to create a new partition, but when i got to installing windows 7 it just would not happen for me, and what happens as the above users the white line flashes but nothing happens.

Iv downloaded 3 different copies already and none of them seem to work.

For some reason my brothers 64bit copy seems to load but my laptop does not support 64bit so that is no good.

EDIT: Ok iv just downloaded a build 7264 and set up a usb stick instal and again nothing happend it said please insert a bootable media, i am going to try and burn it onto cd but i think im gonna get the same result.

Ok it worked. I guess its a matter of getting the right build.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Need Help ASAP (Win7 64 Bit Install)




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
clone multiboot two disc win7 xp install to win7 ssd plus disk XPx64
I have a multiboot win7 /xpx64 TWO DISK system, showing win7 as the C; drive and XPx64 as D: when examining via My Computer. Cloned the C: drive (win7) using Samsung tool to same size Samsung evo SSD. When put in computer the dual boot option gone. The SSD clone of win7 runs ok, but with that in...
Installation & Setup
Need help asap trying to install windows on a hardrive
Hello i am having issues installing windows on a gateway GT5622 it gets stuck on expanding i tried three cds and three different images. I also tried to reinstalled vista it can't seem to expand anything. I have also tried this with only one ram stick... nothing works am i missing a setting in the...
Installation & Setup
Create Win7 installation on new disc and remove old Win7 install
Scenario is I have a new sata3 SSD drive on which I want to install Win7. The PC has an existing build of Win7 on a different disc which i want to reformat & use for data. I tried this previously and ended up with a dual booting system. Trying to remove the old Win7 installation and format that...
General Discussion
A fresh win7 install over a win7/vista dual boot system ?
Hello all, I have a vaio laptop with a dual boot win7/vista setup. I simply want to format the whole drive back to one large c:\drive, then reinstall windows 7. I have heard horror stories of people saying their boot manager becomes corrupted. or goes missing. I enclose a snapshot of my hard...
Installation & Setup
QUICK HELP ASAP! (need to remove Security Tool in Win7)
ok i just got home and my moms desktop which i appeared to notice a security tool....AGAIN?!? i dealt with this in vista but this is just the start? with vista was wayyyyy worse but this is just the basic meaning i can open task manager and control panel...but i wanna get rid of it ASAP before it...
Performance & Maintenance
Win7 (32bit) to Win7 (64bit) upgrade install error
Hello I have purchased and downloaded both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows7 Professional (no CDs or media here only download version) I sucessfully upgraded from Vista 32 to Win7 32 Then I upgraded my hard disk (140Gb 500GB) and RAM (3GB to to 4GB) Now I would like to go from Win7 32bit...
Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App