Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: New PC wont load


07 Jul 2011   #1

Windows 7 ultimate 64
 
 
New PC wont load

Hey this is my first post here since it seemed to be full of helpful people.

So yesterday i got my new MSI motherboard with 4gb ram and my Windows 7 disc

I previously installed Windows 7 on my new harddrive that came and that wont load because of old motherboard drivers according to people

And my CD Drive wont read my Windows 7 disc to install, i can get into the MSI bios and set it to boot first but it does nothing, ive took it apart put it all back together so many times and i just cant find the problem

So my PC loads and just goes to a black screen with a flashing underscore after the MSI image

Please help this is a joke


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Jul 2011   #2
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Hello Sheekey, welcome to Seven Forums!


Have a look at this tutorial at the link below and the snip, then boot the Windows 7 installation media to see if diskpart will start and list the partitions to see if they exist at all.
DISKPART : At PC Startup


click to enlarge
Name:  DetailPartition.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  176.3 KB



My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2011   #3

Windows 7 ultimate 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Hello Sheekey, welcome to Seven Forums!


Have a look at this tutorial at the link below and the snip, then boot the Windows 7 installation media to see if diskpart will start and list the partitions to see if they exist at all.
DISKPART : At PC Startup


click to enlarge
Attachment 163773

Hey thanks

I cant even press spacebar my keyboard dosent get to work untill the MSI page which then leads onto the black screen with flashing underscore which i cant do anything on
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


07 Jul 2011   #4
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Are you using a USB keyboard?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2011   #5

Windows 7 ultimate 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Are you using a USB keyboard?
Yes i am
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2011   #6
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Is there anyone you could borrow a PS2 KB from for a while?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2011   #7

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sheekey View Post
And my CD Drive wont read my Windows 7 disc to install, i can get into the MSI bios and set it to boot first but it does nothing, ive took it apart put it all back together so many times and i just cant find the problem.
Am I seeing this right? You mean a DVD Drive, don't you? The Windows 7 media is on DVD, the last Windows OS on CD was Windows XP.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2011   #8

Windows 7 ultimate 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Is there anyone you could borrow a PS2 KB from for a while?
I could possibly get one yes but will this 100% solve it? As he will have to travel to bring it to me
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2011   #9

Windows 7 ultimate 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sheekey View Post
And my CD Drive wont read my Windows 7 disc to install, i can get into the MSI bios and set it to boot first but it does nothing, ive took it apart put it all back together so many times and i just cant find the problem.
Am I seeing this right? You mean a DVD Drive, don't you? The Windows 7 media is on DVD, the last Windows OS on CD was Windows XP.
Yeah im not the best with naming pc parts but thats what i mean yes
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2011   #10
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

I can't guarantee that but it'll be one more thing you have ruled out as the culprit.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 New PC wont load




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: New PC wont load
Thread Forum
windows 7 refuses to load and system repair wont load BSOD Help and Support
Windows 7 wont load Hardware & Devices
windows wont load BSOD Help and Support
Windows 7 just wont load... BSOD Help and Support
Windows 7 wont load Hardware & Devices
Ashampoo GUI wont load... BSOD Help and Support
Desktop wont Load!! General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33