Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 Resinstallation help


16 Jul 2011   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 
Windows 7 Resinstallation help

Ok,
Im just going to be straight with you, I bought a 2nd hand Alienware M11x with a preinstalled Windows 7 Home premium, I play Starcraft 2 and bought this via digital download so it takes roughly 20 hours to download I was reading a guide that said a feature of Windows 7 Ultimate would allow me to download it faster, so I quickly googled windows 7 ultimate key used the Windows 7 Anytime upgrade and thus I had Windows 7 Ultimate about a week later I got a this copy of windows 7 is not geniune message and all sorts of shit happend, I just want to go back to my Windows 7 home premium but I dont have a disc or a disc drive as its a netbook, all I have a the product key on the bottom of the netbook.

HELP!

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Jul 2011   #2
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Hello Jamieolder, welcome to Seven Forums!


Have a look at the information in this tutorial at the link below.


Clean Install : Factory COA Activation Key

My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2011   #3

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

How to use Dell Recovery Partition, make Recovery Disks & how to order Recovery Disks.
Dell - Support
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


17 Jul 2011   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Thanks both sadly though the guide is un-helpfull as I do not have a windows 7 hp disc can you link me to an iso?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jul 2011   #5

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Fill in the form here & Dell will send out a set of disks.
Dell - Support
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jul 2011   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

When you get your system up and running again and you still want to upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate, you can use the Windows Anytime Upgrade method.

Just click Start>All Programs>Windows Anytime Upgrade and place an order with Microsoft.

Once they'e received payment, you'll be sent a genuine product key by e-mail, which you must save and keep safe.

Go back to Windows Anytime Upgrade, enter your new product key and wait for the upgrade to take place. It can take anything from 10 minutes to half-an-hour or so, depending on how many updates are needed for the upgrade.

Once complete, you'll need to activate Windows again, but you'll have the comfort of knowing you've got genuine software.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jul 2011   #7
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jamieolder View Post


but I dont have a disc or a disc drive as its a netbook, all I have a the product key on the bottom of the netbook.

HELP!
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post

Have a look at the information in this tutorial at the link below.
Clean Install : Factory COA Activation Key
Forum rules prohibit the posting of download links to Windows software, so we can't help with that, if you find a H. Premium installer on the inerwebz you can do a clean install and use the key on the COA sticker attached to the netbook using the information posted in the tutorial above.

You don't really need a CD/DVD drive to do a clean install, have a look at this tutorial.
Clean Install Windows 7 from the Windows 7 Desktop

My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jul 2011   #8
Microsoft MVP

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64 bit
 
 

Not sure if this will help you but have a look and see.
UNAWAVE - Downgrade Ultimate to Home Premium or Professional
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jul 2011   #9
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Hello Kerry, I wouldn't think that'll work as he's getting "non-genuine" in Ultimate now and a clean install is probably in order, wouldn't you think so?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jul 2011   #10

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
Fill in the form here & Dell will send out a set of disks.
Dell - Support
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
When you get your system up and running again and you still want to upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate, you can use the Windows Anytime Upgrade method.

Just click Start>All Programs>Windows Anytime Upgrade and place an order with Microsoft.

Once they'e received payment, you'll be sent a genuine product key by e-mail, which you must save and keep safe.

Go back to Windows Anytime Upgrade, enter your new product key and wait for the upgrade to take place. It can take anything from 10 minutes to half-an-hour or so, depending on how many updates are needed for the upgrade.

Once complete, you'll need to activate Windows again, but you'll have the comfort of knowing you've got genuine software.
You can obtain the ultimate key & Windows 7 installer from here
Buy Windows Products Windows 7 Special Offers Shop Your Favorite Store
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 Resinstallation help




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33