Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker
You can unlock all versions in your ISO file using this tool: Unlock any version eicfg removal tool
Back up your files, run an in-place Upgrade Vista HP to Windows 7 HP after working out any compatibiility issues flagged.
Then type Anytime in Start Search box, insert Pro key in Anytime Upgrade which will unlock the extra features in minutes and activate Pro at Computer>properties.
I did this myself awhile back. Ask back for any question or more help.
Thanks for this reply. So essentially I am:
1) Installing Win 7 HP 64bit via an In Place upgrade. It will not ask me for a key when installing correct? (I only have a Win 7 Pro 64bit serial key).
2) When installing Win 7, I choose to activate my serial key manually.
3) As soon as the upgrade is done/Win 7 HP is installed, I do not activate my product key.
4) I search for Anytime, run the process and type in my serial key.
5) It will upgrade to Win 7 Pro 64bit. I am guessing it will require a reboot, but is there anything else I would have to install or do?
And this program will work for my .iso DVD even though it is just a DVR+ R and now a rewritable?
And do I download the checksums.md5
, and windows7_iso_image_edition_switcher.zip
? Or do I just need the last file?
And if the upgrade gets corrupted, I can just format my drive and install Win 7 and start from scratch correct?
And does anyone have any input on how or if I should partition my drive? Currently my Windows/program drive is not partitioned.