Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Upgrading help

27 Aug 2011   #1

windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 
Upgrading help

Hey people,
I have a home premium (custom built) i didn't build, i also want to format hard drive. When i put disc in, it doesn't load the windows 7 ultimate install setup, why? can you please help?

Specs
500gb hdd
4gb ram
i5 quad core

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Aug 2011   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Do you know how to enter the bios on your system?
You'll need to put cdrom/dvd in front of the harddrive in boot devices or it will not seek the win 7 disc.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Aug 2011   #3

windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed View Post
Do you know how to enter the bios on your system?
You'll need to put cdrom/dvd in front of the harddrive in boot devices or it will not seek the win 7 disc.
How do i do that? sorry for being a noob.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


27 Aug 2011   #4

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Keep hitting delete as the pc is booting up.

Then find the boot options and change the order so the cd drive is the 1st boot device.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Aug 2011   #5

windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Keep hitting delete as the pc is booting up.

Then find the boot options and change the order so the cd drive is the 1st boot device.
I think i tried that, let me try again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Aug 2011   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

As it is a custom build computer, are you able to contact who built it?

To get into your BIOS to check the boot settings you press a key on your keyboard on startup, but until you can find out we're struggling to help you.

Your full computer specs would be a big help too.

System Info - See Your System Specs
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Aug 2011   #7

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 x64
 
 

It's no big deal if you weren't a noob we wouldn't be able to help you and show you how awesome we are

That being said please follow the advice above so we can give you more specific instructions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Aug 2011   #8

windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed View Post
It's no big deal if you weren't a noob we wouldn't be able to help you and show you how awesome we are

That being said please follow the advice above so we can give you more specific instructions.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
As it is a custom build computer, are you able to contact who built it?

To get into your BIOS to check the boot settings you press a key on your keyboard on startup, but until you can find out we're struggling to help you.

Your full computer specs would be a big help too.

System Info - See Your System Specs

Here they are...

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P7H55-M SI
BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/15/10 17:32:54 Ver: 08.00.15
Total memory: 4.00GB Usable: 3.87GB
HDD: (1) ST3500418AS ATA Device (2) General USB Flash Disk USB Device
Soundcard: (1) High Definition Audio Device (2) High Definition Audio Device (3) High Definition Audio Device (4) USB Audio Device (5) VIA High Definition Audio (6) USB Audio Device (7) Webcam 250 (8) High Definition Audio Device
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Aug 2011   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Aug 2011   #10

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 x64
 
 

actually if it is an ASUS board delete should be the right key.
just start tapping it the very moment you turn the computer on and don't stop until you see the bios screen.
It wouldn't hurt to dig up the manual on the asus site and look over the bios settings that pertain to boot order so you know where you are going first though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Upgrading help





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Upgrading help
Thread Forum
Solved Upgrading PC Hardware & Devices
Upgrading pc Graphic Cards
Upgrading Installation & Setup
upgrading gpu from gts 250 1gb? Graphic Cards
upgrading PSU Hardware & Devices
Upgrading to SSD Performance & Maintenance
upgrading to 64 General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33