Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 Family Pack Question

01 Aug 2009   #1
Divh

Windows 7
 
 
Windows 7 Family Pack Question

Got a question... was thinking of grabbing the Windows 7 Family pack. Thing is I have 2 computers that are 64-bit compatible and 1 that is only 32 bit compatible. Do you guys think it would be possible to use the Family Pack to install 2 computers with 64-bit and 1 with 32-bit? Will be doing Clean install on all.

If/When it comes out I most likely won't get it until after the new year. Want to make sure it is stable before I sink money into it.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Aug 2009   #2
banderz777

Windows 7 Ultimate X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Divh View Post
Got a question... was thinking of grabbing the Windows 7 Family pack. Thing is I have 2 computers that are 64-bit compatible and 1 that is only 32 bit compatible. Do you guys think it would be possible to use the Family Pack to install 2 computers with 64-bit and 1 with 32-bit? Will be doing Clean install on all.

If/When it comes out I most likely won't get it until after the new year. Want to make sure it is stable before I sink money into it.
I do know that windows 7 retail version comes with both 32 and 64 bit, but I am looking for info on family pack, and all I found out that it's a upgrade.

check this out. Question
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Aug 2009   #3
tigereyesblu

Windows 7
 
 

My question is when can we expect the Windows 7 family pack to be abailable?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


20 Aug 2009   #4
geeve420

Windows 8, Ubuntu 12.04 64bit, Pear Linux Triple Boot
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tigereyesblu View Post
My question is when can we expect the Windows 7 family pack to be abailable?
+1 to this
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Aug 2009   #5
bobgay

win 7 7600-16385
 
 

probably oct 22nd with the rest. and yes this is the most stable OS microsoft has come out with since ME lol. See if amazon.com is taking orders for it.
Bob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Oct 2009   #6
dnr53

Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack now on two machines one more to go
 
 

Family pack is 2 disks of Home Premium Upgrade. One is 32 bit and the other is 64 bit. Comes with a license for 3 computers. Everyone is selling it at $149.99 but Costco has it for $134.99!

My only question, and I could not find an answer for it yet, is can you install them on a computer outside your home. Like friends, neighbors, ect.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2009   #7
scorrpio

Windows 7 32 bit
 
 

License for 3 computers means 3 separate stickers with 3 separate keys or a single product key sticker?

Oh, and if anyone has already got their hands on the Family Pack - does it work same way as a single-user retail upgrade? (that is - is it basically 3 full licenses in one box?)

Thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2009   #8
dnr53

Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack now on two machines one more to go
 
 

One license key for all 3 installs. One 32 bit and one 64 bit disks.
My wife just called me from Cosco and they are selling it for $125.00 but online it is $135
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2009   #9
ddeen

Windows 7 RC 7100
 
 

One thing to think about before buying the Home Premium Family Pack. You are networking 3 home computers or more. You will, at some time, want to access those computers remotely, either from one of the 3 networked computers or through a Windows Home Server. You can't access Home Premium computers through the built in Remote Desktop Connection software that comes with all Windows versions, this requires Windows Professional. So just realize if you buy Home Premium, you either live with no remote access or you have to setup third party software such as UltraVNC.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2009   #10
MacGyvr

Windows 7 Ultimate RTM (Technet)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ddeen View Post
One thing to think about before buying the Home Premium Family Pack. You are networking 3 home computers or more. You will, at some time, want to access those computers remotely, either from one of the 3 networked computers or through a Windows Home Server. You can't access Home Premium computers through the built in Remote Desktop Connection software that comes with all Windows versions, this requires Windows Professional. So just realize if you buy Home Premium, you either live with no remote access or you have to setup third party software such as UltraVNC.
A better choice would be LogMeIn Free Edition.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 Family Pack Question




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 family pack
Does anyone know a good price on the Windows 7 family pack? It's around $150 and last year Costco was selling it for $125 and every advertisement that sells it for less than $125 takes me to a website that is selling it for more or an advertisement and even amazon.com is selling it for $148 so does...
General Discussion
Question concerning Windows 7 Family Pack Upgrade
Later in the month I'll be helping my dad build his new PC, and I've been leaning towards the Windows 7 Family Pack so we can upgrade all our PCs to Win7 64-bit. The only problem with that is the fact that it is an upgrade version. Right now I still have my Windows 7 32-bit OEM CD, so I've been...
Installation & Setup
Family Pack-XP 32 Bit to WIndows 7 64 bit
I would like to know if it is possible to use the Windows 7 Family pack (3 PC's) to upgrade from XP 32 bit to Windows 7 64bit. The price is very tempting rather than buying 3 copies of Windows 7 for my three computers. All 3 (2-Desktops & 1-Laptop) are 64 bit processors but had XP 32 bit installed....
Installation & Setup
Question about Family Pack licence
Hi all. I know that the Family pack is 3 licences but I have a question. I would buy a Family Pack for me, for my dad and sell the third for a small price. I live in my appartment, my dad in his. Is it OK, or I need to buy 2 separated full versions? Thx
General Discussion
Question about pricing and family pack
I am living in UK. I do have two computers, running Windows XP and Vista. I wish to buy a family pack for clean installation on both. But I cannot see an option to buy Windows 7 Family pack Home Premium for full installation. I found only family pack for upgrade. I play a lot with computer...
General Discussion
Windows 7 Family Pack....
It looks like Microsoft has kept a little something up its sleeve.....I haven't installed 7264 yet but the info in this Blog might herald some good news for those needing multiple Win 7 licenses. Microsoft to offer Family Pack for Windows 7 Home Premium | Ed Bott’s Microsoft Report | ZDNet.com
News

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:33.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App