My sustem was running XP and I eventually successfully custom installed Windows 7 by removing 1GB memory stick. I am now unable to reinstall back to 3GB of Ram. I have ensured all slots and sticks work by swapping them around. In another forum I found the following advice
- Find the "NVIDIA nForce2 AGP Host to PCI Bridge" in the device manager
- Right-click and choose "Update Driver..."
- Browse my computer etc.....
- Let me pick from a list etc....
- Select "PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge"
- You will now have 2 listings of "PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge" and no NVIDIA nForce 2 AGP Host etc....
- Click "Finish" and shutdown the computer.
- Now install your RAM upgrade and power on.
After the reboot, Windows 7 now recognises all 3GB of RAM"
This worked and I could use 3GB of ram with Windows 7, but my Graphics Card Radeon 9800 Pro was stopped by windows with an error 43. So I have undone this and am back to 2GB with the Graphic Card working again.
Is it possible to do something to run 3GB with my graphic card. CPUZ text file attached re my system.
Thanks in hope of an answer !