I have been testing Win 7 Ultimate for some time... yesterday I did receive Windows 7 Ultimate Keys. with 14 days left, I was happy to:
1. cmd -> run as admin -> slmgr.vbs -ipk (place key here) [enter]
it keep stating : Service reporting KEY is invalid.
(Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) mad as hell over this.
OK, finally I decided to one more time:
Dual boot and clean install: when ask I inserted the KEY and when final - checked system and "WOW you have 3 days to activate" normal when you use a KEY to install with. clicked Activate Now. - drum roll - about 2 min later - Activated Permanently.
OK the dang Key worked.
- But I have two versions of Win 7 Ultimate.
OK nothing to loose 1. has everything installed I use. 2. is clean install.
3. So I decided to; boot into v1.
opened #2. copied "Certificate" pkeyconfig.xrm-ms to Activated Folder.
copied "tokens.dat" to Activated Folder
4. Rebooted to v #2
5. copied items from Activated Folder into appropiate place in V #1.
(or replaced the old with the new activated versions.)
6. rebooted back to v #1.
7. checked System for activation, and had 3 days to activate.
8. clicked Activate now. about 2 min Activation was complete.
Now I'm not sure if this counts as 2 or the 10 activations allowed by MSDN-Technet for this key. but the time required to do this is much faster than. reinstalling every thing over again or trying to upgrade the 1st install.