Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.

Windows 7: IBM lenovo T61

14 Aug 2009   #1

windows 7

IBM lenovo T61

Guys i am having IBM lenovo T61 laptop, i have installed windows 7 build 7100 in it.
But i have a problem of system hangs for about 10 or more minutes, during that time i can only move my mouse pointer and no other program can be done.
I thought i have problem with my hardware. I then tried with vista it works very well.
So guys i want to know can i install windows 7 or not on my laptop? or is there any way to cross over this problem? please help me. And the thing is i want to upgrade my self to windows 7.

My System SpecsSystem Spec

14 Aug 2009   #2

have you tried installing drivers?
14 Aug 2009   #3

Win 8 Release candidate 8400

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vasu View Post
Guys i am having IBM lenovo T61 laptop, i have installed windows 7 build 7100 in it.
But i have a problem of system hangs for about 10 or more minutes, during that time i can only move my mouse pointer and no other program can be done.
I thought i have problem with my hardware. I then tried with vista it works very well.
So guys i want to know can i install windows 7 or not on my laptop? or is there any way to cross over this problem? please help me. And the thing is i want to upgrade my self to windows 7.
We might be more useful if you told us all abt your computer, 32 or 64 bit, clean install or upgrade, etc

Ken

14 Aug 2009   #4

windows 7

its 32 bit.i have done both upgrade and clean install too
14 Aug 2009   #5

windows 7

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sergiogarcia9 View Post
have you tried installing drivers?
ya i have tried
14 Aug 2009   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (Retail)

There are special Windows 7 drivers for the T61 at Lenovo's site: here

You should particularly install the power manager, system interface driver, hot key driver, Thinkvantage Active Protection, and probably a few more I can't think of right now.

IBM lenovo T61

Similar help and support threads for2: IBM lenovo T61
Thread Forum
Need Advice - Lenovo Rap Top Hardware & Devices
IBM / Lenovo Drivers
Lenovo purchase gone bad Hardware & Devices
HP vs Lenovo Chillout Room
Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3t Hardware & Devices
Lenovo T61 Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd