|17 Jan 2012||#1|
HP Factory Restore
1. I have no OS installed, but BIOS shows that there is a WIN 7 OS, which I know isn't there.
2. I have four partitions; C,D,E,F.
3. The C: is the HP_RECOVERY partition.
4. The C:HP_RECOVERY partition is set to ACTIVE.
5. I have rebuilt the BCD from scratch.
6. There is a BOOT (X partition which shows on the CMD. Someone said its the RAM virtual partition.
7. Upon booting the system gives \WINDOWS\system32\winload.exe error.
8. The f11 or recovery manager ain't working.
What I Want
1. I want to do a factory restore.
Kindly help out.
|My System Specs|
|17 Jan 2012||#2|
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create
Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?
How to make HP Recovery DVD disks:
Recover Windows Vista Operating System Using HP Recovery - HP Customer Care (United States - English)
How to make HP Recovery USB disk:
Creating a Recovery Disk on a USB Flash Disk HP Pavilion dv6700z CTO Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)
You can Order HP Recovery Disks from here:
Compaq Mini CQ10-500 PC series*-* HP Notebook PCs - Order Recovery Discs for Windows 7, Vista, or XP - c00810334 - HP Business Support Center
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: HP Factory Restore|
|Factory Restore not working, error 0xe0ef000d, Image Restore?||Backup and Restore|
|How to Restore to Factory New???||Installation & Setup|
|Factory Restore||Backup and Restore|
|How do I factory restore?||General Discussion|
|Factory Restore.||Backup and Restore|
|Clean restore /Factory restore||Backup and Restore|
|factory restore||Backup and Restore|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 PM.