Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: format win7 hard drive and reinstall win7 Home Premium.

02 Feb 2012   #11
BENZT

Windows 7 HP 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
That is the official Win7 ISO download from Digital River which is the MS fulfiller of Student Upgrade special.

I provided it so you wouldn't have to get one from a torrent or other sketchy source.

This is the top tech forum on the web with some of the tightest standards on piracy of all. We waited longer than MS's own tech forums before being allowed to link to the official Win7 downloads.

If you have a license and you need to reinstall Win7 then what would be illegal about it?
That's ok, mate. I just needed that reassurance that's all. Like I said, it was only my local independent computer repairer who told me that despite my having a legit serial number on my PC and offering to show them they would only install Windows themselves, they could not give/sell me a disc.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Feb 2012   #12
seavixen32

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

If I was in the market for a new computer and was given to understand I wouldn't be getting either a recovrery disc or a Windows disc the company concerned would not be getting my businesss.

Please follow Greg's advice. He is one of our top contributors to this forum and his advice is always pertinent and good.

Were we to provide you with links to pirated software we would be banned quicker than you could put the disc in your computer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2012   #13
BENZT

Windows 7 HP 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
Please follow Greg's advice. He is one of our top contributors to this forum and his advice is always pertinent and good.

Were we to provide you with links to pirated software we would be banned quicker than you could put the disc in your computer.
lol okay fair enough -ISO downloading now... Under an hour not too bad compared to the aforementioned 6 hours someone was stating.

How many computers does a single W7 serial number allow you to install to?

and

Although I have a Win7 Home Premium serial, I think it is for 32bit version. Will a 64bit version still work with the serial or not?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Feb 2012   #14
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote:
That's ok, mate. I just needed that reassurance that's all. Like I said, it was only my local independent computer repairer who told me that despite my having a legit serial number on my PC and offering to show them they would only install Windows themselves, they could not give/sell me a disc.
Incorrect, they can order OEM manufacturer's disks for you. (May be a fee)

Quote:
I have a Dell Laptop which came with XP,
You can Order Dell recovery disks from here: (Win XP only)
Dell - Support


For the MSI in your spec's
You can order Recovery disks from:
MSI Online Customer Service
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2012   #15
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote:
How many computers does a single Windows 7 serial number allow you to install to?
One PC only.

Quote:
Although I have a Windows 7 Home Premium serial, I think it is for 32bit version. Will a 64bit version still work with the serial or not?
Key is for 32 bit or 64 bit.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2012   #16
nodsirrah

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
You might want to try asking a question or two if you're confused, instead of just complaining.
I apologize for what sounded like complaining. What I should have said was that I was so confused I had no idea what questions to ask. I will admit that after attempting to follow your post I was totally lost because I have no training and what sounds logical to you is really gibberish to me!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2012   #17
BENZT

Windows 7 HP 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
Quote:
How many computers does a single Windows 7 serial number allow you to install to?
One PC only.

Quote:
Although I have a Windows 7 Home Premium serial, I think it is for 32bit version. Will a 64bit version still work with the serial or not?
Key is for 32 bit or 64 bit.
Oops, d/loaded wrong version! One computer, okay well I think I will still download it for my laptop woth the recovery drive and no disc, in case the HDD gets messed up, which is what happened to my girlfriend's laptop. Thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2012   #18
gregrocker

 

Be sure to use the Product Key on laptop COA sticker, so you don't waste a retail license when you own one for life on that machine.

format win7 hard drive and reinstall win7 Home Premium.-1270558000_86224332_1-pictures-buying-windows-7-prof-coa-sticker-only-100pcs-up-needed.jpg

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nodsirrah View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
You might want to try asking a question or two if you're confused, instead of just complaining.
I apologize for what sounded like complaining. What I should have said was that I was so confused I had no idea what questions to ask. I will admit that after attempting to follow your post I was totally lost because I have no training and what sounds logical to you is really gibberish to me!
The steps are written for novices and thousands of novices have completed them successfully, especially if able to interact with questions necessary to get them done. Each step has an illustrated tutorial in the blue links just like a picture-book.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2012   #19
BENZT

Windows 7 HP 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Be sure to use the Product Key on laptop COA sticker, so you don't waste a retail license when you own one for life on that machine.
Are you saying that the number on a laptop is not actually in use?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2012   #20
gregrocker

 

No, just that it sounds like you may have more than one Win7 there Key available there. If you have another retail license you do not need to use it here but should use the Key on COA sticker.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 format win7 hard drive and reinstall win7 Home Premium.




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
How to recover Win7 Pro upgrade from Win7 Home Premium post HDD crash
Greetings - This is my first time here and am very thankful for this great collection of forums and this community. I am trying to recover from a VAIO laptop HDD crash to Win7 Professional upgrade. I had finished working, shutdown Win7 Pro. cleanly. Drove home, attempted to launch Windows...
General Discussion
Format and clean Win7 install from hard drive?
I'm going to do a complete format and clean install of Windows 7 Starter on my ASUS EEE PC 1015-PEM. It's now running 7 Ultimate. I did not back up the recovery partition when I put Ultimate on it (completely spaced.. smh,) have no external optical drive handy, USB not recognizing any flash...
Installation & Setup
Win7 Home Prem - chkdsk problems, Drive Bad or Just Reinstall Needed?
I have a 2 yr old dell tower with windows home premium, I kept getting chkdsk error messages and upon bootup oneday it just said there was no drive found. I put in a new hard drive and used my dell recovery discs to get windows installed fresh day one again, running like a champ now, but I wanted...
Hardware & Devices
Win7 32bit Home Premium to Win7 64bit Ultimate: Possible without Clean
I just bought a ThinkPad T400, and 8GB DDR3 upgrade kit. After first log on, I realized the Windows 7 is 32bit. How can I upgrade to Ultimate x64 instead? Thanks for your help.
Installation & Setup
Upgrade from Win7 Home Premium 64bit to Win7 Ultimate
Hi all, Hope all is well. I just purchased a Toshiba Satellite P855-S520 laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), SP1 already installed and would like to upgrade it Windows 7 Ultimate. I had already purchased a retail version for Win7 Ultimate before (the full version not the upgrade)...
General Discussion
Format hard drive win7 64 bit
Would formating my hardrive and reinstalling win7 speed up my laptop? Which way will be the best to do it? Do i create a partition not to lose all graphix and sounds software? Thanks
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App