|12 Nov 2009||#11|
| || |
It was a long road and finally the upgrade worked on the third attempt.
Here is what I did:
- Removed VMWare and AV (again), uninstalled VNC, uninstalled my printer (Lexmark Optra 312)
- Removed a "9 in 1 card reader" for fewer USB devices (again)
- I had 2 NIC's, I disabled one
- disabled the audio card
- removed (turned off) an external USB drive used for backups
- Added the following to my environment:
On the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables.
Under System variables, click New.
Type MIG_UPGRADE_IGNORE_PLUGINS in the Variable name field.
Type IphlpsvcMigPlugin.dll in the Variable value field.
Click OK three times to close the dialog boxes.
- If you have several disk drives I would try turning them off (if external) or removing any drives (except for the system drive) if internal.
The fewer items to upgrade the better.
- You may want to set you video to the default MS low-res driver
The fewer things to actually upgrade the better chance of it succeeding.
|My System Specs|
|22 Jul 2010||#12|
| || |
Hi, my problem is the following due to unfortunate circumstances I am now on Vista ultimate SP2 x64, however I tried to update the damn thing to windows 7 ultimate x64. Here is the surprise after I followed the instructions in upgrade advisor and deleted the "problematic" programs the update failed for the 3rd time on 62% of trasffering the files and settings. Here is the log I found if its of some help. I realy hope if someone can help, I don't want to do a clean install. Thank you.
Here is the log:
2010-07-22 19:04:22, Error [0x080656] MIG Failed to restore file \\?\C:\$INPLACE.~TR\Machine\DATA\$UPGRADE.~OS\OnlineUpgradeGatherWork\agentmgr\CCSIAgent\005AF6C7\NT USER.FIL to \\?\C:\$UPGRADE.~OS\OnlineUpgradeGatherWork\agentmgr\CCSIAgent\005AF6C7\NTUSER.FIL[gle=0x00000003]
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Upgrade from Vista to Win 7 failed - rolled back - why ?|
|Seriously upset. Latest update rolled back my PC||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Windows 7 Premium Upgrade Back to Vista ?||General Discussion|
|Windows 7 Rolls Back to Vista During Upgrade... Blues!!!||Installation & Setup|
|Vista Ult x64 -> Win 7 Ult x64 upgrade failed||Installation & Setup|
|Failed upgrade from Vista to windows 7 rtm ?||Installation & Setup|
|Failed Upgrade from Vista to Windows 7||Installation & Setup|
|Rolled back driver=BSOD||Drivers|