Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: need clean install of win7 but disc has no sp1


31 Mar 2012   #1

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 
need clean install of win7 but disc has no sp1

ello all
just a quicky. i need to do a clean install of windows but my dis does'nt have sp1 included. i plan to use an iso from mydigitallife. the build number of my current install is Windows 7 x64 home prem build 6.1.7601. does the build number make any difference? or do is it ok as long as its the same edition? i have my product key

thanks in advance. all help is always apreciated


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Mar 2012   #2

W7 Pro SP1 64bit
 
 

you might try here...
Windows 7 Direct Download Links
...instead of mydigitallife

I don't see how the build number could matter
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2012   #3

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

ello
thanks i'll have a butchers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


31 Mar 2012   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 SP1, Home Premium, 64-bit
 
 

I believe build 6.1.7601 is the latest stable release.

You should be able to use your Product Key with the downloaded ISO. Make sure you get the correct version --64-bit Home Premium English.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2012   #5

Windows 7 Professional x64 Linux Mint 16
 
 

Install it, use your key, see what happens.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2012   #6

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

cheers folks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2012   #7

Windows 7 Pro X64 SP1
 
 

It's a bit late to add this, but...

Build 7600 was RTM. 7601 is with SP1.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2012   #8

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
It's a bit late to add this, but...

Build 7600 was RTM. 7601 is with SP1.
okey doke. cheers.
for some reason the iso from the link above wont burn to disc. i get an error sayin its corrupt. will redownload n try again
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2012   #9

W7 Pro SP1 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ganjiry View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
It's a bit late to add this, but...

Build 7600 was RTM. 7601 is with SP1.
okey doke. cheers.
for some reason the iso from the link above wont burn to disc. i get an error sayin its corrupt. will redownload n try again
While you are downloading a second time - if you still have the first ISO file - download VirtualBox and test the first file by making a VM straight from the ISO.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Mar 2012   #10

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UsernameIssues View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ganjiry View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
It's a bit late to add this, but...

Build 7600 was RTM. 7601 is with SP1.
okey doke. cheers.
for some reason the iso from the link above wont burn to disc. i get an error sayin its corrupt. will redownload n try again
While you are downloading a second time - if you still have the first ISO file - download VirtualBox and test the first file by making a VM straight from the ISO.
woosh! straight over my head lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 need clean install of win7 but disc has no sp1




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: need clean install of win7 but disc has no sp1
Thread Forum
Solved Doing a clean install, do I need drivers & utilities disc? Installation & Setup
Clean Install with Windows 7 Upgrade disc. Installation & Setup
win 7 upgrade disc won't install as clean install Installation & Setup
Generic Win7 vs. OEM disc for clean install? Installation & Setup
Clean install win7 with upgrade disc Installation & Setup
Clean Install of Win 7 64 from Upgrade Disc Installation & Setup
Disc management question for a clean install General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33