Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: triple boot system installed xp after win7 and 8-boot problems


03 May 2012   #1

32&64 bit win7 sp1 and windows xp sp3
 
 
triple boot system installed xp after win7 and 8-boot problems

So i had a win 7 and 8 dual boot system where
partition-
0 was sys reserved
1 was 7
2 was 8
--

i needed win xp for a piece of software so i shrunk my partition 1 (biggest and win 7)
and grabbed 40 gb for my xp install.

installed xp and obviously lost my boot loader for 7 and 8 so when i booted xp i installed easybcd and it showed my only boot loader was for 7 and 8 (even tho i was logged into xp. im guessing xp made it so that its partition now partition 2 was the boot partition.
but easybcd is still seeing part. 0 sys reserved as the boot. when i changed my active partition back to sys reserved it found the win 7 and 8 options but when i try to load 7 goes bsod for a second then restarts. 8 says error: inaccessible boot device.

how can i fix this? i repointed the boot partition back to xp so that i could log on here to talk to you all.

easybcd doesnt not even recognize a boot loader for xp. when im in xp it says my only bootloaders are for 7 and 8. WTF????

how could i completely recreate a boot manager for all 3?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 May 2012   #2
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP 1
 
 

You may try Automatic Repair - Run in Windows 8 - Windows 8 Forums , it should fix all the bootloaders.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2012   #3

32&64 bit win7 sp1 and windows xp sp3
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
You may try Automatic Repair - Run in Windows 8 - Windows 8 Forums , it should fix all the bootloaders.


cant get win 8 to boot. besides i ran both 7 and 8 disc and it cant autorepair.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


03 May 2012   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by willymcmahon View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
You may try Automatic Repair - Run in Windows 8 - Windows 8 Forums , it should fix all the bootloaders.


cant get win 8 to boot. besides i ran both 7 and 8 disc and it cant autorepair.
Try "startup repair" from "recovery environment (Windows 7 install dvd or repair disk)
Does it find any problem? click "view diagnostics results" or something like that. 0x0 means success. What is the problem it finds (and can't repair)?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2012   #5
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP 1
 
 

Set the system reserved back as the active partition. Follow either the method 2 or the method 3 of the tutorial Partition - Mark as Active .

Now run the Automatic Repair or Startup Repair as kaktussoft suggested.

It should be fix now. Now, install EasyBCD in either 7 or 8, and add the XP boot entry using it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2012   #6

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by willymcmahon View Post
when i changed my active partition back to sys reserved it found the win 7 and 8 options but when i try to load 7 goes bsod for a second then restarts. 8 says error: inaccessible boot device.

how can i fix this? i repointed the boot partition back to xp so that i could log on here to talk to you all.

easybcd doesnt not even recognize a boot loader for xp. when im in xp it says my only bootloaders are for 7 and 8. WTF????

how could i completely recreate a boot manager for all 3?
So win8 boots to stopcode 'Stop 0x0000007B' inaccessable bootdevice?
Windows 7 the same? scroll to Windows 7 on boot and press F8. "Disable automatic restart on system failure"

Now start Windows 7 normally. also stopcode 0x7B ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2012   #7

32&64 bit win7 sp1 and windows xp sp3
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by willymcmahon View Post
when i changed my active partition back to sys reserved it found the win 7 and 8 options but when i try to load 7 goes bsod for a second then restarts. 8 says error: inaccessible boot device.

how can i fix this? i repointed the boot partition back to xp so that i could log on here to talk to you all.

easybcd doesnt not even recognize a boot loader for xp. when im in xp it says my only bootloaders are for 7 and 8. WTF????

how could i completely recreate a boot manager for all 3?
So win8 boots to stopcode 'Stop 0x0000007B' inaccessable bootdevice?
Windows 7 the same? scroll to Windows 7 on boot and press F8. "Disable automatic restart on system failure"

N ow start Windows 7 normally. also stopcode 0x7B ?





I got as far as resetting back to the win 7 and 8 boot but it went to recovery and said it was autofixing and restarted. when the menu showed up it showed win 7 (recovered and win 8 (recovered)

when i selct win 7 it starts loading and i get the colorful windows load icon but when it is about to bring up win logon it bluescreens. cant get the error because it restarts automaticly in like 250 milleseconds. when i try to start win 8 it starts loading and then comes up with a screen that says sorry windows cannat start inaccessible boot device
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2012   #8

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Can't you select or with arrow up/down goto Windows 7 in bootmenu and press f8 then? Or doesn't that work in win8 bootmenu? Do you have new win8 bootmenu btw?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2012   #9

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by willymcmahon View Post
So i had a win 7 and 8 dual boot system where
partition-
0 was sys reserved
1 was 7
2 was 8
--

i needed win xp for a piece of software so i shrunk my partition 1 (biggest and win 7)
and grabbed 40 gb for my xp install.

installed xp
Did winxp create/install format the xp partition or did you do that in Windows 7 or win8?
Did you try to reboot just before installing winxp and did that succeed?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2012   #10

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Is this the message?
Status: 0xc000000e

Info: The boot selection failed because a required boot device is inaccessible
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 triple boot system installed xp after win7 and 8-boot problems




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: triple boot system installed xp after win7 and 8-boot problems
Thread Forum
Solved triple boot system grub lost Installation & Setup
triple boot: Win7 Pro + RHEL 5.7 + Oracle Solaris 11 Installation & Setup
BOOTMGR missing on Triple boot system with GRUB... Installation & Setup
Triple Boot XP / Win7-64Bit / Win764BitCloneOfWin764Bit & EasyBCD Installation & Setup
Triple Boot With Win7, XP, and 2K Drivers
Problems with triple boot XP,Vista and 7 Installation & Setup
Installed Win7, System will not boot from proper drive Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33