Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: OS Load problem

07 May 2012   #11
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

John, you did press Shift+F10 at this screen? Then go on and do your diskpart.
OS Load problem-p1020553.jpg




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
08 May 2012   #12
karlsnooks

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

Britton,
I'm like you. I don't understand how in the world such a simple procedure can be messed up. I know you didn't say those words. Those are my words.

All one has to do is to be able to follow instructions, precisely, just as written and all works perfectly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 May 2012   #13
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Now I don't want to sound cranky but I DID hit those keys Shift +F10 at that screen but nothing happened I am not dreaming this and I as I said I don't want to sound a bit miffed but it has happpend three times.

Now given that I might have missed it once - three times is just not on - sorry but I am just tired and well the whole damn thing is beginning to get to me.

I use a wired keyboard and mouse so it cannot be put down to some aberration in the control devices as in wireless ones.

I did try the original SSD - the M4 in the laptop and now it is in my tester and it worked perfectly in both so the problem has to be with my board and the transfer of data through the NB or SB or wherever it travels to get to the monitor.

I think I had better close this thread as I can see everyone is trying to help and must be getting very frustrated and annoyingly it is something that I will just have to put up with until I get another board.

Anyway I appreciate the time and patience you all have put in all the same
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 May 2012   #14
karlsnooks

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

Let me help you here:
Shift + F10 is a key combo.

You PRESS and HOLD DOWN the SHIFT key.
do NOT release the SHIFT key.
Tap the F!0 key
Now you can release the SHIFT key.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 May 2012   #15
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by karlsnooks View Post
Let me help you here:
Shift + F10 is a key combo.

You PRESS and HOLD DOWN the SHIFT key.
do NOT release the SHIFT key.
Tap the F!0 key
Now you can release the SHIFT key.
Ok Karl I did that but not tapping F10 I just held them both down - shift first then quickly the F10. I'll do it again and see what happens perhaps fourth time lucky eh?

I am going to run some one off malware scans before trying again - sorry about the rant I'm not usually so touchy.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 May 2012   #16
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Good news I tried another keyboard - a very cheap one I keep for testing stuff and the shift+F10 - worked and am now waiting on clean all to finish.

My main (and expensive keyboard) would still not work the shift+F10 so no wonder I was getting nowhere.

Look I am so ashamed re my rant and must apologise to all.

Now it is cleaned and I am ready to move on
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 May 2012   #17
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post

Now I boot > post > then a black screen with a message in white letters saying "Loading operating system...................(<white dots runs for 25 secs or more) > then flag starts to form and > UAC password. After that it flies but the load message has become a nightmare since I installed the first SSD an M4 some time ago.

The same happens using the old HDD's Is there anyone who can shed some light on this problem for me please as it is going to drive me crazy.

System is a Gigabyte H67UD3H-B3 board with a i5 2500 processsor and 8GB of DDR3 1333mhz RAM in it.
Are you still having the issue with the white dots for 25 seconds or more?

I had that too. On the very same motherboard you are using.

In my case, it turned out to because the BIOS was searching for a disk in the DVD drive to boot from while the dots were displayed.

With most motherboards, you can leave the DVD drive as the first boot device and the boot process will just fly by an empty DVD drive with no delay, and find the hard drive and boot. I've always left the DVD as first boot device because I sometimes want to boot from the DVD drive and didn't want to have to go into the BIOS repeatedly and set the DVD as first in the order.

But these Gigabytes search the DVD drive for around 25 seconds.

Solution: set your hard drive as the first boot device, not the DVD drive.

If you need to boot from the DVD drive, use the one-time boot menu to chose the DVD drive---or go into the BIOS and make the manual change from SSD first to DVD first every time.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 May 2012   #18
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post

Now I boot > post > then a black screen with a message in white letters saying "Loading operating system...................(<white dots runs for 25 secs or more) > then flag starts to form and > UAC password. After that it flies but the load message has become a nightmare since I installed the first SSD an M4 some time ago.

The same happens using the old HDD's Is there anyone who can shed some light on this problem for me please as it is going to drive me crazy.

System is a Gigabyte H67UD3H-B3 board with a i5 2500 processsor and 8GB of DDR3 1333mhz RAM in it.
Are you still having the issue with the white dots for 25 seconds or more?

I had that too. On the very same motherboard you are using.

In my case, it turned out to because the BIOS was searching for a disk in the DVD drive to boot from while the dots were displayed.

With most motherboards, you can leave the DVD drive as the first boot device and the boot process will just fly by an empty DVD drive with no delay, and find the hard drive and boot. I've always left the DVD as first boot device because I sometimes want to boot from the DVD drive and didn't want to have to go into the BIOS repeatedly and set the DVD as first in the order.

But these Gigabytes search the DVD drive for around 25 seconds.

Solution: set your hard drive as the first boot device, not the DVD drive.

If you need to boot from the DVD drive, use the one-time boot menu to chose the DVD drive---or go into the BIOS and make the manual change from SSD first to DVD first every time.
Yep same old same old ignazatsonic white dots galore I'll have a go at that - time for some coffee right now lol!!

Nope couldn't wait to try it - it worked thanks so much I have been at this machine for the last four days and it was something as simple as that. Although I had changed the sequence before but perhaps cos I used Karl's set up and then your fix it is now working

One things for sure the keyboard is going to a good home - free!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 May 2012   #19
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
it worked thanks so much I have been at this machine for the last four days and it was something as simple as that. Although I had changed the sequence before but perhaps cos I used Karl's set up and then your fix it is now working
Aye aye, captain. You can use F12 to get at the one-time boot menu if and when you need to boot from the DVD drive.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 May 2012   #20
karlsnooks

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

The F12 key trick doesn't work on all computers. Wish it did.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 OS Load problem




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Problem with OS load
Have installed an SSD and have along the line done something wrong. Now the problem with the SSD may be close to being solved but it has left me with a boot that takes forever off the HDD's. I get the usual posts which eventually lead to the screen in the pic - which I have no idea why has...
Performance & Maintenance
Sound problem with mic with VGA under load
OK before I go into the issue, I am aware that there are threads that relate to this, however with my problem I feel that I am half way to resolving the problem... also I know that people frown upon thread hijackers, so I thought I would create new. So the issue as far as I know... well the...
Sound & Audio
Problem when trying to load games
I have been trying to play games for a few days now but nothing wll launch I get the error. The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use command-line sxtrace.exe tool for more detail. Does anyone have a...
BSOD Help and Support
Problem with startup, applications do not load
Hello there! I appear to be having a problem with applications not loading when I start the PC. It happens every now and then, and I am forced to reboot until I can eventually load the program. When I check the program in task manager, it appears to only load about 108K-124K within memory, then...
General Discussion
Program Load problem
Hi, Usually I just read through these forums however I have come across a issue that doesn't appear to be covered. Before I start I should let you know Im not at all good with comps and can only do basics. I have installed a game (Hearts of Iron 3). This works fine. However when I...
Gaming
Weird 100% load problem
Hello, I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on a Dell Vostro 1310 (a few more specs in my profile) and the problem is the following: After doing something that uses the CPU more intensively than usual (like watching HD videos—both regular and in YouTube) I get a 100% load, which shouldn't happen...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App