Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: can't use my password


31 Aug 2009   #1

windows vista
 
 
can't use my password

hi,

i put a password to my computer [i have windows 7]
with my native language - HEBREW

but when i restart my computer,
and try to type the password in HEBREW
i couldn't...

i could just write in ENGLISH ..

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Aug 2009   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yehielsofer View Post
hi,

i put a password to my computer [i have windows 7]
with my native language - HEBREW

but when i restart my computer,
and try to type the password in HEBREW
i couldn't...

i could just write in ENGLISH ..
Did you change the language pack or keyboard layout?

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Aug 2009   #3

windows vista
 
 

yes ..
i can use HEBREW when i already logged in ..
but when i try to type the password.. i just can't
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


20 Sep 2009   #4

Snow Leopard (10.6.1)
 
 

Hmm, if you start Windows 7 in Safe Mode do you see another administrator account that doesn't have a password on it? Or is there only one account?

I think you can start up in safe mode by holding F8 or F12 on the keyboard, I cannot remember which. (Perhaps hold both)

If there is an administrator account with no password you should be able to log into that account and reset your password on your other account.

That is the only thing that I could think of doing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2009   #5

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by steelbom View Post
Hmm, if you start Windows 7 in Safe Mode do you see another administrator account that doesn't have a password on it? Or is there only one account?

I think you can start up in safe mode by holding F8 or F12 on the keyboard, I cannot remember which. (Perhaps hold both)

If there is an administrator account with no password you should be able to log into that account and reset your password on your other account.

That is the only thing that I could think of doing.
You already have a thread running in general about the same thing

duplicate posts are frowned on

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2009   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 x2 + x86 + Windows 8.1 x64 x2
 
 

the logon screen should , when multiple languages are present, show a language icon (blue) to allow you to switch language
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2009   #7

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by yehielsofer View Post
hi,

i put a password to my computer [i have windows 7]
with my native language - HEBREW

but when i restart my computer,
and try to type the password in HEBREW
i couldn't...

i could just write in ENGLISH ..
What happened here is that when you installed the language pack (mui),
you forgot to check the checkbox saying to apply the language to logon screen.

Uninstall the language pack and reinstall it, this time check the box.

greetz

edit: wtf?? The OP posted this two weeks ago.

Hope he or other Hebrewers check back.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2009   #8

Snow Leopard (10.6.1)
 
 

Quote:
You already have a thread running in general about the same thing

duplicate posts are frowned on

Ken
I wasn't asking a question, I was suggesting he try that...??? that's not a duplicate post.

Kind Regards
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 can't use my password




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33