Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 32-bit installation troubles


01 Sep 2009   #1

Vista Home Premium 32 bit
 
 
Windows 7 32-bit installation troubles

About a month ago, I downloaded Windows 7 32-bit and burned the file to a disk. I forgot about it, and now, I have decided to try it out. The installer loads fine when I insert the disk on my desktop, but I can't boot from the disk. Also, when I attempt to install from the desktop, I get this error about halfway in:

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5673/win7error.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Sep 2009   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by frznh View Post
About a month ago, I downloaded Windows 7 32-bit and burned the file to a disk. I forgot about it, and now, I have decided to try it out. The installer loads fine when I insert the disk on my desktop, but I can't boot from the disk. Also, when I attempt to install from the desktop, I get this error about halfway in:

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5673/win7error.png
Did you just burn the file directly to the disc, or did you use a ISO Burning program, such as ActiveISO or ImgBurn?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2009   #3

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Try extracting the contents of the ISO to a seperate partition/drive and run the setup from there..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


01 Sep 2009   #4

Vista Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGundam View Post
Did you just burn the file directly to the disc, or did you use a ISO Burning program, such as ActiveISO or ImgBurn?
I used ActiveISO.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2009   #5

Vista Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

I did what you said, Tews, and I get the same error.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2009   #6

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Ok... lets start from the begining.. fill out your system specs completely so that we know what we are dealing with...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2009   #7

Windows 7 x64 finally!
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
Try extracting the contents of the ISO to a seperate partition/drive and run the setup from there..
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by frznh View Post
I did what you said, Tews, and I get the same error.
frznh, welcome to the forums
have you checked the md5 checksum of your download? Also, have you burned the DVD at slow speed?
Please make sure to load the specs as Tews asked, otherwise we will be shooting in the dark
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2009   #8

Vista Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

Filled out all of the specs that I know of.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2009   #9

Windows 7 x64 finally!
 
 

Good job. This is the link to the full specs, in case anybody needs more: Product specifications Compaq Presario SR5710Y Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)
Have you checked the MD5 checksum of your download? It coudl be corrupt and generating a bad install disk.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2009   #10

Vista Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

Forgive me if this is a stupid question/something I should know, but what is the "md5 checksum"?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 32-bit installation troubles




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Windows 7 32-bit installation troubles
Thread Forum
New Windows 7 PDF troubles General Discussion
Troubles installing windows 7 Installation & Setup
Windows 7 Installation Troubles Installation & Setup
Windows 7 troubles with booting up Installation & Setup
Windows 7 Upgrade Troubles Installation & Setup
Installation Troubles Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33