Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: oxc000000e Boot failed-required device is inaccessible (Windows 7)

07 Jun 2012   #121
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by moh3en View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by moh3en View Post

i goto bios. and default was "AHCI". again same error
So it was ahci already. Windows tries to start msahci as well. But it wasn't there!
What other SATA options do you have in bios? (AHCI, RAID,IDE?) give a summary please
It's include AHCI and IDE. also i set to IDE and Save (F10) and boot loading same error!
only AHCI and IDE possible? or are there more options to select from?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
07 Jun 2012   #122
moh3en

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

in Startup repair.
oxc000000e Boot failed-required device is inaccessible (Windows 7)-2012-06-07-15.59.38.jpg

just only AHCI and IDE and no more!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2012   #123
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by moh3en View Post
in Startup repair.
Attachment 215475

just only AHCI and IDE and no more!
can you see any details? Which file is corrupt? and is it code 0x2 .. what file and what error?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Jun 2012   #124
moh3en

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kaktussoft View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by moh3en View Post
in startup repair.
Attachment 215475

just only ahci and ide and no more!
can you see any details? Which file is corrupt? And is it code 0x2 .. What file and what error?
oxc000000e Boot failed-required device is inaccessible (Windows 7)-2012-06-07-16.14.44.jpg

Quote:
startup diagnosis and repair log:
Number of repair attempts : 6

session details:
System disk = \device\harddisk0
windows directory = c:\windows
autochk run = 0
number of root causes = 1

test performed all have error code = 0x0

root cause found:
=======================
a recent driver installation or upgrade may be preventing the system from starting.

Repair action: System file integrity check and repair
result: Failed error code = 0x2
time taken = 55554 ms


My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2012   #125
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

in recovery environment ->command prompt

Code:
 
sfc  /scannow  /offbootdir=c:\   /offwindir=c:\windows
post results
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2012   #126
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by moh3en View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kaktussoft View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by moh3en View Post
in startup repair.
Attachment 215475

just only ahci and ide and no more!
can you see any details? Which file is corrupt? And is it code 0x2 .. What file and what error?
Attachment 215477

Quote:
startup diagnosis and repair log:
Number of repair attempts : 6

session details:
System disk = \device\harddisk0
windows directory = c:\windows
autochk run = 0
number of root causes = 1

test performed all have error code = 0x0

root cause found:
=======================
a recent driver installation or upgrade may be preventing the system from starting.

Repair action: System file integrity check and repair
result: Failed error code = 0x2
time taken = 55554 ms
No filename??? Like this for example

root cause found:
boot critical file: c:\windows\system32\drivers\msahci.sys is corrupt.
repair action: File repair
result: failed error code : 0x2

repair action: system file integrity check and repair
result: failed error code : 0x2.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2012   #127
moh3en

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
in recovery environment ->command prompt

Code:
 
sfc  /scannow  /offbootdir=c:\   /offwindir=c:\windows
post results
Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2012   #128
moh3en

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kaktussoft View Post
no filename??? Like this for example

root cause found:
Boot critical file: c:\windows\system32\drivers\msahci.sys is corrupt.
Repair action: File repair
result: Failed error code : 0x2

repair action: System file integrity check and repair
result: Failed error code : 0x2.
oxc000000e Boot failed-required device is inaccessible (Windows 7)-2012-06-07-16.36.16.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2012   #129
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by moh3en View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kaktussoft View Post
no filename??? Like this for example

root cause found:
Boot critical file: c:\windows\system32\drivers\msahci.sys is corrupt.
Repair action: File repair
result: Failed error code : 0x2

repair action: System file integrity check and repair
result: Failed error code : 0x2.
Attachment 215479
same if bios sata is set to IDE?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2012   #130
moh3en

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by moh3en View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kaktussoft View Post
no filename??? Like this for example

root cause found:
Boot critical file: c:\windows\system32\drivers\msahci.sys is corrupt.
Repair action: File repair
result: Failed error code : 0x2

repair action: System file integrity check and repair
result: Failed error code : 0x2.
Attachment 215479
same if bios sata is set to IDE?
no. it's AHCI.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 oxc000000e Boot failed-required device is inaccessible (Windows 7)




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible
Hi all, i have encountered the error following: "the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible" after doing chkdsk. Please help. Could not repair the installation with the windows DVD.
General Discussion
Boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible
Hi all, I'm desperately in need of help. I just talked my gf into restoring her dell inspiron 5010n. It was getting slow and running way too many background programs (she likes to download games). We also believed that it was infected due to some program glitches. Anyway, after copying...
Installation & Setup
oxc000000e Boot failed-required device is inaccessible
Hello, Installed Acronis True Image Home 2011 a couple days ago. I did not setup any items within Acronis yet for backups, etc. After install my system appeared O.K. and have shutdown/restarted several times without issue. Yesterday, the computer shut down inadvertently, then at boot i get this...
Installation & Setup
the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible
Hy there... I was on my tour to Cyprus and last night I came back I saw my PC uptime was 22days. I asked my brother wht's going on , he told me if you'll shut down pc, i'll not get it stared. Due to some reasons I restarted my pc and now its giving me this error. "the boot selection failed because...
Hardware & Devices
Boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible
right, i've noticed another thread with the similar problem, here, and apparently it's fixed, but as i'm running my system on a laptop, i'm wondering what i can do to recover my system without any data loss. error message's more or less the same, "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or...
General Discussion
Boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible
I tried to bring my computer out of hibernation and was confronted with: Windows failed to start. A Recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: 1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer. 2. Choose your langugae settings, and then...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App