Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Sysprep + IE Search Providers Error

12 Jun 2012   #1

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 
Sysprep + IE Search Providers Error

First off, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong thread, it's the closest description I could find, if it needs moving, please move it moderators.

I have searched SevenForums and the web trying to fix this, and I'm still at a loss.

I am deploying Windows 7 Pro x64 to multiple computers using sysprep. Sysprep runs fine and completes great, the issue is when opening IE for the 1st time after the system is deployed. Users get a warning the fist time and then it opens the manage search providers dialog box. NOTE: I'm trying to search from the ADDRESS BAR, I have removed windows Live search!!! Just so no ones confused on how I want to have this working.

Warning (similar to this):
" Search Provider Default says "a program on your computer has corrupted your default search provider setting for IE, IE has reset this setting to your original search provider (Google).. and IE will now open search settings to change a setting"?

I've toyed with changing the registry directly, but I feel there has to be a way to do this through Sysprep.

Here is the section from my sysprep xml file..

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-IE-InternetExplorer" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<SearchScopes>
<Scope wcm:action="add">
<ScopeDisplayName>Google</ScopeDisplayName>
<ScopeKey>Google</ScopeKey>
<ScopeUrl>http://www.google.com/search?q={searchTerms}&amp;sourceid=ie7&amp;rls=com.microsoft:{language}:{referrer:source}&amp;ie={i nputEncoding?}&amp;oe={outputEncoding?}</ScopeUrl>
<FaviconURL>http://www.google.com/favicon.ico</FaviconURL>
<SuggestionsURL>http://clients5.google.com/complete/search?q={searchTerms}&amp;client=ie8&amp;mw={ie:maxWidth}&amp;sh={ie:sectionHeight}&amp;rh={ie:rowH eight}&amp;inputencoding={inputEncoding}&amp;outputencoding={outputEncoding}</SuggestionsURL>
<ScopeDefault>true</ScopeDefault>
<SuggestionsURL_JSON>http://suggestqueries.google.com/complete/search?output=firefox&amp;client=IE8&amp;qu={searchTerms}</SuggestionsURL_JSON>
</Scope>
</SearchScopes>
<DisableAccelerators>true</DisableAccelerators>
<DisableFirstRunWizard>true</DisableFirstRunWizard>
<DisableOOBAccelerators>true</DisableOOBAccelerators>
<Home_Page>http://www.google.com/</Home_Page>
<CompanyName>WI DMA</CompanyName>
<Window_Title_CN>WI DMA</Window_Title_CN>
</component>
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-IE-InternetExplorer" processorArchitecture="wow64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<SearchScopes>
<Scope wcm:action="add">
<ScopeUrl>http://www.google.com/search?q={searchTerms}&amp;sourceid=ie7&amp;rls=com.microsoft:{language}:{referrer:source}&amp;ie={i nputEncoding?}&amp;oe={outputEncoding?}</ScopeUrl>
<ScopeDisplayName>Google</ScopeDisplayName>
<ScopeKey>Google</ScopeKey>
<SuggestionsURL>http://clients5.google.com/complete/search?q={searchTerms}&amp;client=ie8&amp;mw={ie:maxWidth}&amp;sh={ie:sectionHeight}&amp;rh={ie:rowH eight}&amp;inputencoding={inputEncoding}&amp;outputencoding={outputEncoding}</SuggestionsURL>
<FaviconURL>http://www.google.com/favicon.ico</FaviconURL>
<ScopeDefault>true</ScopeDefault>
<SuggestionsURL_JSON>http://suggestqueries.google.com/complete/search?output=firefox&amp;client=IE8&amp;qu={searchTerms}</SuggestionsURL_JSON>
</Scope>
</SearchScopes>
<CompanyName>WI DMA</CompanyName>
<DisableAccelerators>true</DisableAccelerators>
<DisableFirstRunWizard>true</DisableFirstRunWizard>
<DisableOOBAccelerators>true</DisableOOBAccelerators>
<Home_Page>http://www.google.com/</Home_Page>
<Window_Title_CN>WI DMA</Window_Title_CN>
</component>

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Jun 2012   #2

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Just tried with having sysprep remove Bing provider, still same error.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jun 2012   #3

x64 (6.1.7601) Win7_SP1 HomePrem
 
 

is this correct?
<SuggestionsURL_JSON>http://suggestqueries.google.com/complete/search?output=firefox&amp;client=IE8&amp;qu={searchTerms}</SuggestionsURL_JSON>

There are two occurrences. I've only played with Sysprep and that was quite a while ago.- so I'm guessing here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


12 Jun 2012   #4

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

I've tried it with and without that, Now I'm just going all out registry hack'n unless someone has input on getting this working through the Unattend.xml..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Sysprep + IE Search Providers Error





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Sysprep + IE Search Providers Error
Thread Forum
Solved How do I get duckduckgo.com into search providers in Add Ons? Browsers & Mail
Add custom search providers to IE9 Browsers & Mail
Solved I IE9 how to add non default Search Providers Browsers & Mail
Add Search Providers to Internet Explorer Browsers & Mail
Windows 7 Federated Search Providers Tutorials

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33